Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 3:41 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 1st Jan 2019 at 7:30 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Can not turn of aging or change lifespan Solved
Hi!

Ok, So I'm new to Sims 3 and just have the basegame so far. It' the Disc version and it's updatet to 1.67. And I only have 1 download, the Decensorer from here: https://www.nraas.net/community/Decensor . I will try to stay whit as few downloads as possible.

But now to the problem, I did read about disableing the aging and as it seem there are no cheat code for that but there is a possibility to change the lifespan and even disabling the aging in the settings. Great! But, all of my sliders are greyed out so I can not use them and I can not disable the aging at all. Now I don't know if this worked Before installing the update or not as I did not know about the settings until now (I'm in a lerning phase). As it's new years eve I do not have the time to look at the problem tonight but I can do it tomorrow.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 4:56 PM
This is sounding similar to the problem in another thread here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=618123
(And you can probably guess why I remembered that thread.)

There are a few things to try in that thread, but if the problem persists when you have temporarily moved your User Files to the desktop and let the game generate new ones it is starting to look as though there would probably be no point to reinstalling.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 6:40 PM
Going from your other thread I'm taking it for granted that this is a brand new install.

If the options menu you're trying to change is the one you access from the main menu (place you select worlds and save games from), then the answer is you can't, TBH I don't remember it ever working for me.

Start a new world or load a save, once loaded your looking for the button with the "..." in it (bottom left), click on it and access the options menu through it, should be able to edit ageing in there.

Little tip, shove the main age slider to EPIC and then click on the button with the tick on it to accept the changes, this will force the game to add those changes into the options.ini, if you don't turning off ageing might not "stick". Now you can turn off ageing and click on that "tick" again to accept it and that change should also be added to the options.ini.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 7:32 PM
Thanks a lot Bejaymac, it worked great! :D