Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 3:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Hacked Coat Hook
I am playing UC on Windows 10 and playing pretty good but having a problem with the hacked Coat Hook. When I go to it to get new clothes for one of my Sims (any one) it frequently causes a crash very shortly after I start going thru the collection. Anyone know of any other files that may be causing a conflict. I know I can do the 50-50 thing but that is a job.

Doesn't have anything to do with it but for the record it is a Cyber Power Computer, 16 GB Ram, using everything on D drive - 1 TB with plenty of unused space, 64 bit system, Windows 10 Home, 1920 x 1080 resolution, NVidea GeForce GTX1060 with 6 GB memory.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 3:29 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 4th Jan 2019 at 3:39 PM.
Does it happen with regular dressers? If so, you may have some borked outfits hanging out in your downloads, particularly if the crashes happen in roughly the same areas of the menu each time. A 50/50 may be the only way to find them.

If the crashes happen in different areas of the CAS menus, RAM issues may be another explanation. Have you applied the 4GB fix or any of the sort? If not, be aware that TS2 won't use more than 2 GB RAM by default no matter how much RAM or how good a video card you have (I think that issue started with Vista and has continued up to Win10), and a memory issue may be likely since CAS menus are particularly heavy on memory use.

A third option may be that there's an issue with the hacked coat hook. I think I had a few issues with it back when I tried it out (not crashing, though), so I switched to the Wardrobe Adjuster that came with the Insimenator mod. Never had any issues related to this one. There are also plenty others you can use if you don't have the Insim mod.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 10:28 PM
I have never had an issue with the hacked coat rack, I would suspect more that it is some borked clothing causing the crash that it is trying to bring up rather than the hook itself.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~