Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I don't generally like to talk about these things seriously b/c they don't really concern me. I think human beings are generally stupid by nature, except Sims 3 players, we're a level above average people. I'm not kidding. Why? I think regardless of how a person plays Sims 3, it exposes us to an open world concept and a larger frame of thinking. The more I play Sims 3, the more I realize people really are like sims, by that I mean mindless NPCs.

Might want to get that checked. I had the same sentiment for quite a while. Turned out to be psychosis.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#52 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 11:42 AM
Yeah I don't think anyone is special for playing a certain video game. At best, we're creative folk.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#54 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 7:31 AM
Saw something about this in the Sims 3 General Discussion. It's been fun reading.

Here's a (probably) dumb question.. Since people find it unfair that women are paid less because of maternity leave, because some women don't plan on nor ever have kids, why not have them paid slightly less to make up for the possibility of future maternity leave, but then, if the women does not get pregnant for the entirety of her career, the employers pay the difference in her pension/last paycheck? (Of course, depending the amount accumulated over the time-span of which she'd been working for the company, maybe not all at once with that last paycheck) But, wouldn't that solve the all those issues with both the positive and negative inequalities and create an equality for both those without kids and those with kids?

Am I missing a reason for this not to be done? I'm running on about four hours of sleep so forgive me if that's so.. haha
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 9:30 PM
Default I agree
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
This two-party gig isn't healthy and I hope there will be room for a third one someday.

I was skimming through this thread - searching for what most of this had to do with women in TS3 - and although I am still not quite sure what exactly it is about women in TS3 that was originally put up for debate, I will just say that as an American I think the two-party phase of the great social experiment that is the USA is going to be its downfall. Most Americans are a moderate mixture of the two parties and as the Republicans move closer to extremism and the Democrats move closer to....whatever spineless self-righteous entity they're becoming these days...the spectacle of American politics will continue its downward spiral until no one has a shred of faith left in the institutions that both parties claim to hold so dear.

By the way: women in TS3 are great? I still don't know what the initial topic was about. Cheers
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#56 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 10:14 PM
@mrdione-Please check the dates before posting in forums. This is an old thread and has not had a reply in a while. Necromancy is something that is viewed unfavorably.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#57 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 7:24 PM
Time for a comeback then isn't it?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )

Page 3 of 3