Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#76 Old 25th May 2014 at 8:40 AM
You would think that we could look at high inequalities of income and injustice to help explain violence. Low areas of development vs other areas that are thriving. Nope it's video games, definitely! The more video games, the more violent people are. For example, let's have a look at Japan which is an abject nebula of gaming compared to other, bigger parts of the world. Witness their inordinately high records of homicide:

Homicides in Japan by any method:
2011: 442 people killed - Rate of Homicide per 100,000 People: 0.3
2010: 465 people killed - Rate of Homicide per 100,000 People: 0.4
2009: 506 people killed - Rate of Homicide per 100,000 People: 0.4
2008: 646 people killed - Rate of Homicide per 100,000 People: 0.5
source: google search

My God, these people should be ashamed of themselves for their extremely violent society, thanks to nothing but video games. Oh the humanity!

Homicides in the United States by any method:
2011: 15,953 people killed - Rate of Homicide per 100,000 People: 5.1
2010: 16,259 people killed - Rate of Homicide per 100,000 People: 5.27
2009: 16,799 people killed - Rate of Homicide per 100,000 People: 5.48
2008: 17,826 people killed - Rate of Homicide per 100,000 People: 5.86
source

If we don't do anything about violent video games then it is imminent that we will become as violent and bloodthirsty as Japan.
Advertisement
Instructor
#77 Old 26th May 2014 at 4:27 AM
It's completely untrue, the only thing that makes people violent is other people, how society is so oppressed and how people oppress each other, how things are just banned taking away the symptom but never the problem so people do it in back allies instead just like how drugs are illegal but people drug deal in back allies instead.
A lot of people live to demonize everything you are as a human and they act obsessively critical of everything and everyone so people will feel completely supressed and that will lead to bad behaviors, people lashing out with anger, bullying etc... if the symptom keeps being taken away but never the cause things will only get worse. Also i can't say peoples parents are that great any more (believe me i know mine aren't angels ether lol), most of the time now teens as young as 15 are ether being thrown out or moving out because of their parents having this "Nothing matters if you don't follow our rules and beliefs" mentality, and this is why people are the way they are too but it's just getting worse. Can't even make a friend any more without people trying to peer-pressure you to ether be like them and belief what they do just to be friends with them... so all these supressed emotions and needs will weigh on people and quickly. I grew up on video games but am i a violent person? noop... and i've played call of duty, i play Left 4 dead where there is a lot of gore shooting zombie brains and weird transformed monsters and i've played Killer Instinct when i was 5 years old to when i was like 8 but i'm still not violent, the only time i get any dark thoughts is when someone is trying to intentionally hurt me, cause trouble and is just generally getting on my nerves.

Page 4 of 4