Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 3:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Do I need to patch my (origin version of) sims 2 ultimate collection?
I've been playing sims 2 ult collection for a few weeks now
And i've noticed some key features seeming to be missing from my game
The terrain tools aren't the way I remember them
Feels like there are items missing from my buy catalog
(This was before I added cc too)
But I thought that maybe that's just how it was, you know?
Maybe I don't remember all the items from years ago?
I feel like this is a dumb question
IS it?
Because Origin did update the game once
Is it still necessary?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 3:26 PM
No, you don't need to patch the UC. If you think you got a slightly dodgy install then go into Origin and click on the game and select repair.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 3:46 PM
I'll try that
Thanks for the info
I don't remember reading/seeing it anywhere specifically so I wasn't sure (if I should or not)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Knuckles5577
I'll try that
Thanks for the info
I don't remember reading/seeing it anywhere specifically so I wasn't sure (if I should or not)

You need to check for updates every now and then because they do update UC from time to time and you have the option to check for updates by right clicking on the icon in Origin.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 10:32 PM
There are no more updates now. EA have now withdrawn their support of the UC.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 1:07 AM
Now that I look at other people's games on youtube (that have everything) I think I'm fine?
The terrain tools are the same.
Maybe I'm just mixed up with sims 3
I also guess there just wasn't that many buy mode items as I remember.
Probably also confusing it with custom/ea add-on content I used to have
I also don't feel like fixing my splash screen and installing cep/scriptorium again.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 2:16 AM
CEP fixes a few issues as well as allowing for recolours. For example, EA broke the OFB doors and windows and CEP fixes that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~