Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 9:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SimPE refuses to create a new project
Anytime I try to click “New” on SimPE, it pops up an error window that says “Error, The type initializer for ‘pjse.FileTable’ threw an exception.” I have Mansion and Garden Stuff as my latest expansion pack. This is gonna be a problem because I’m trying for my first time creating an object in the sims 2.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 10:21 PM
Which version of the game do you have (CDs or UC), which version of SimPE do you have (0.72, or 0.73, or 0.73 with the GUID fix by Quaxi, or the new one Quaxi updated for the UC - I think it's 0.75), and are you sure all the game references and setups in all the tabs of the settings in "extra--> Preferences" are correct?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Which version of the game do you have (CDs or UC), which version of SimPE do you have (0.72, or 0.73, or 0.73 with the GUID fix by Quaxi, or the new one Quaxi updated for the UC - I think it's 0.75), and are you sure all the game references and setups in all the tabs of the settings in "extra--> Preferences" are correct?

I have version 0.72.1.33855 alpha. And what do you mean by preferences? In system folders my latest EP is in there. I have CD.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bubblegum princess girl
I have version 0.72.1.33855 alpha.

I would go get the final version. The 072 alpha likely had bugs that were fixed.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 12:40 PM
If you have M&G, you need the 0.73 version and the Quaxi fixes (looks like the SimPE site is down, though), or the 0.75 version.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...25#startcomment
(post 83 for the 0.75 version, but I think the attachment with the GUID fix was removed).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 5:01 PM
If you have M&G, you need the 0.73 version and the Quaxi fixes (looks like the SimPE site is down, though), or the 0.75 version.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...25#startcomment
(post 83 for the 0.75 version, but I think the attachment with the GUID fix was removed).

I downloaded version 73 since that’s all I can find. Object workshop was acting up, but it let me create a new project. I didn’t see any links on that thread.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 6:10 PM
The linking probably didn't work properly - it's this post (83).

I can send the GUID fix to you via PM if you want to use the 0.73 version (I haven't tried the 0.75 version yet, since the 0.73 version with the fix works fine for me).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 7:38 PM
The linking probably didn't work properly - it's this post (83).

I can send the GUID fix to you via PM if you want to use the 0.73 version (I haven't tried the 0.75 version yet, since the 0.73 version with the fix works fine for me).

Okay thanks. You can go ahead.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 8:07 PM

The GUID fix is here, if this is what you were meaning:
http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...72&postcount=47
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 8:13 PM
^ probably that one, yes. Couldn't find it when I went looking, and thought it had been deleted.