Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 9:56 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default empty stealth hoods
Hi!
I decided to download clean templates of all the neighbourhoods and empty templates of the stealth hoods. I think that everything will work correctly, but I have a question about the stealth hoods. I'm not completely sure how the generating of the NPCs works and the empty stealth hoods don't have any characters (duh). Will the Unsavory Charlatan, Garden Club members, witches etc. be automatically generated or won't they appear at all?
Sorry for my ignorance, but I couldn't find the answer to my question and sorry if this is in a wrong category.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 10:10 PM
I believe those are automatically generated.
Scholar
#3 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 10:16 PM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 28th Dec 2018 at 1:47 AM. Reason: Correction
Edited for correction :
You might want to head over to "Simbology" and put the necessary hacks into your game to prevent unnecessary NPC sims appearing on your game community lots.
You can download the (TwoJeffs) Sim Blender shrub to prevent any pesky NPC's from appearing.
The game (with preventative mods) will spawn one per hood. But your sims don't have to 'see' them while they're on a community lot.
"Visitor controller.package"
"Sim Blender.package"

As far as Clean Hoods and Empty Stealth Hoods -- Meet Me To The River has good ones, and so do some folks on this site as well.

I can list some of the essential hacks that prevent unnecessary population :
(from MATY)
"no townie regen. package"
"anti redundancy.package"
Etc.

ETA : Here's another link.

Quote:
modthesims.info/download.php?t=615468

Clean And Empty Neighborhood Templates
by Jawusa Follow Posted 27th Jul 2018 at 1:54 AM - Updated 9th Aug 2018 at 2:21 PM by Jawusa

" Inama Nushif "
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 1:32 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 28th Dec 2018 at 1:45 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
You might want to head over to 'More Awesome Than You' (MATY ,Sims 2) and put the necessary hacks into your game to prevent unnecessary sims generating in your game.
Than get the ( Boiling Oil) Sim Blender shrub to prevent any pesky NPC's from appearing.
The game (with preventative mods) will spawn one per hood. But you don't have to 'see' them.
"Visitor controller.package"
"Sim Blender.package"

As far as Clean Hoods and Empty Stealth Hoods -- Meet Me To The River has good ones, and so do some folks on this site as well.

I can list some of the essential hacks that prevent unnecessary population :

"no townie regen. package"
"anti redundancy.package"
Etc.

ETA : Here's another link.

Clean And Empty Neighborhood Templates
by Jawusa Follow Posted 27th Jul 2018 at 1:54 AM - Updated 9th Aug 2018 at 2:21 PM by Jawusa

On MATY {More Awesome Than You} get:
antiredundancy.package
nodormieregen.package
nossrespawn.package
nostrayrespawn.package
notownieregen.package

BoilingOil did not make The Sim Blender.

The Sim Blender is by twojeffs and it is available on Simbology.com

Also The Sim Blender will not prevent any particular Sim from appearing on a lot, including NPCs, it will get rid of them though. The Visitor Controller is also by twojeffs and also available on Simbology.com

The Visitor Controller will prevent certain Sims, including NPCs from show up on lots. The Visitor Controller is customizable to a large degree, so it is up to player to choose what Sims are banned.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
#5 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 1:41 AM
Yes, you're right , lordtyger -- I'll go and edit my erroneous post.
it's been a while since I'd downloaded them.
Some of the best hacks ever , for this game.

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 10:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kajkumajku
I'm not completely sure how the generating of the NPCs works and the empty stealth hoods don't have any characters (duh). Will the Unsavory Charlatan, Garden Club members, witches etc. be automatically generated or won't they appear at all?

Most NPCs will be automatically spawned as they're needed. You might want to manually generate hobby leaders yourself though, or they'll appear with random clothes and hair instead of their proper uniforms. The screenshots attached to the following post show some of the hobby leaders in their correct uniforms. - http://forums.modthesims.info/showt...223#post5239223

You'll need to enable testing cheats, load an inhabited lot and shift-click on a playable to spawn the "Townie Gun." See the screenshots that I attached to this post showing how to do it. You should see the Repo Man's gun appear near the sim somewhere.

To spawn hobby leaders with the Townie Gun, see the screenshots in this post - http://forums.modthesims.info/showt...180#post5239180

After spawning each hobby leader, you'll get an option to "Keep" or "Kill". If the hobby leader looks okay to you, click "Keep," save the game, and repeat for the next hobby. If you don't like the way the hobby leader turned out, DO NOT click "Kill"! This will give the sim an "I am dead" token and you don't need useless dead NPCs clogging up your neighborhood. Instead, either exit to neighborhood view without saving or just "Keep" the sim anyway. There are plenty of ways to do Change Appearance and even Plastic Surgery on NPCs.
Screenshots