Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 3:13 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How do I change the fun advertisement of certain objects?
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread, so I apologize ahead of time.

How do I change the fun advertisement for certain objects so that sims will be more attracted to those items? Sims tend to gravitate en masse to certain objects and then neglect others. This is especially annoying on a venue business lot.

Any suggestions?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 9:57 PM
if a tread is in the wrong section, some moderator would move it.

attenuation values for specific Needs I think are in the object's Pie Menu Functions resource.
Alchemist
#3 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 3:26 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 4th Jan 2019 at 3:47 PM.
@suzannemariema

Load the package in SimPE.
Under AllRes (left), click Pie Menu Functions.
On right under Resource List, click the menu you want. Make sure you are in Plugin View (bottom left of screen).
On the Plugin View, on the left, click the menu you want to be more fun.
On the tabs on top of Plugin View, click Motives.
Change the Fun number. Only the first number is really necessary, "A" is plenty, I think, 7-8 usually seems more reasonable, 64 will max it out, experiment to see if sims act the way you want. The second number describes how much more of a boost the type of sim described by the third number will get. You can ignore those and it will work fine.
Click "Set All Like This," bottom right of tab, if you want adults, children, and elders to all be the same, or you can click "Show All," top of tab, to set different levels for different sims.
Commit file. Save.
Screenshot under spoiler.

When I manipulate motives to increase advertising, I tend to add other motives besides just fun, because so many items compete for fun, and it can make more sense for play. For instance, my zombies will autonomously "Eat Brains" if they are low on hunger, hygiene, or bladder, not for fun. That way, I don't have to watch my zombies go to the fridge, shower, or toilet. Of course, changing motives here only tells the sim that it will be more fun, so s/he'll go for it. To make it actually satisfy the fun motive or whatever you set, you need to change the BHAVs.

On the Settings tab, the "Attenuation" value sets the relative distance the sim needs to be from the object to be attracted, higher means they have to be closer. It's usually fine where it is. The autonomy can change from 32 for non-auto and 64 for auto.

Useful links if you want more:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=TTAB
http://dramallamadingdang.tumblr.co...4/tutorial-time