Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 6:15 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default No option to plan outfit
A couple of my Sims have no option to plan their outfit, even when they've just purchased new clothes. Gabriella Newson was the first, and now Marla Biggs, Emily Lee and Tom Freshe (who are all in the same student house). If I send them to buy clothes again, the outfit they paid for is showing with a little wardrobe sign to indicate that they already own it, but they cannot change into it, either at the clothing store or at home.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 8:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
A couple of my Sims have no option to plan their outfit, even when they've just purchased new clothes. Gabriella Newson was the first, and now Marla Biggs, Emily Lee and Tom Freshe (who are all in the same student house). If I send them to buy clothes again, the outfit they paid for is showing with a little wardrobe sign to indicate that they already own it, but they cannot change into it, either at the clothing store or at home.

It might be the house that they are living in or it might be the method you are trying to use to have them plan their outfit. Have you tried any other students to see if they can plan their outfits? You could also try Pescado's clothingtool.package from MATY as I like to use that when I run into problems with their Gym Clothes. Also you can try moving the sims out of their house and then back in or into some other residence.

If you can have other Sims plan their outfits then you have something local with the sims or the sims' house that you need to fix, otherwise you have some kind of global problem that you need to find most likely by doing a 50/50 test of downloads folder.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 4:41 AM Last edited by BlueAlien : 5th Jan 2019 at 5:00 AM.
It's happened on more than one lot (Gabriella was living in an apartment in the main hood; the other three are on campus), but it's not global either as Ginger Newson and Sandra Roth have been able to plan their outfits. I've tried a built-in wardrobe, a regular wardrobe, the changing room on a community lot and the boolprop "change suit," and nothing worked. I also tried spawning Gabriella's biological clock, in case the game was misreading her age, but that didn't fix it, either.

I'll try Pescado's hack. Thanks.

ETA: It worked! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Feb 2023 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
It might be the house that they are living in or it might be the method you are trying to use to have them plan their outfit. Have you tried any other students to see if they can plan their outfits? You could also try Pescado's clothingtool.package from MATY as I like to use that when I run into problems with their Gym Clothes. Also you can try moving the sims out of their house and then back in or into some other residence.

If you can have other Sims plan their outfits then you have something local with the sims or the sims' house that you need to fix, otherwise you have some kind of global problem that you need to find most likely by doing a 50/50 test of downloads folder.

This hack from Pescado ...the clothingtool.package: Where does this go? Which Sims 2 folder? Downloads? My Andy Gibb sim can't get to the everyday clothing option in his closet, either. It was fine with the other categories in there; it's just the everyday outfits that were the problem. Please give me a tutorial that would help me.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Feb 2023 at 4:04 PM
^ It goes into Downloads.

You don't happen to have the PregnancyWearAll hack, alongside the Inteen mod? The combination did a few times cause my game to not even show the everyday outfit option, mostly for female adult sims, with some dressers.

I've used a different mod, the Wardrobe Adjuster object that comes with the Insimenator mod, to get around this issue - or rather, I kind of just noticed the issue wuite randomly, but was already preferring the WA for changing clothes. There are a few other clothing mods that probably also would work. If they're just a cloned dresser, then they'd likely have similar issues as a dresser.

Apparently it's supposed to work better if the PWA mod loads last, but I'm unsure. I've since removed Inteen.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Feb 2023 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
^ It goes into Downloads.

You don't happen to have the PregnancyWearAll hack, alongside the Inteen mod? The combination did a few times cause my game to not even show the everyday outfit option, mostly for female adult sims, with some dressers.

I've used a different mod, the Wardrobe Adjuster object that comes with the Insimenator mod, to get around this issue - or rather, I kind of just noticed the issue wuite randomly, but was already preferring the WA for changing clothes. There are a few other clothing mods that probably also would work. If they're just a cloned dresser, then they'd likely have similar issues as a dresser.

Apparently it's supposed to work better if the PWA mod loads last, but I'm unsure. I've since removed Inteen.

I don't have either one. Now, does the Pescado hack work with all the dressers in all the Sims games or with certain dressers for all Sims toddler through elder?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Feb 2023 at 1:42 AM
I think it works for toddler and up. It's a mod that kind of works alongside dressers, wth several extra options. Even if there are issues with some dresser options, those options should still work for this mod.

The item looks like a pile of clothes. Can't remember the buy category it's in (probably either misc/misc or wardrobes?). You just click on it and select the option you want.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 15th Feb 2023 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I think it works for toddler and up. It's a mod that kind of works alongside dressers, wth several extra options. Even if there are issues with some dresser options, those options should still work for this mod.

The item looks like a pile of clothes. Can't remember the buy category it's in (probably either misc/misc or wardrobes?). You just click on it and select the option you want.

Is it safe with all the Sims 2 games up to Mansion & Garden or up to Apartment Life or the Sims 2 Store Edition?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th Feb 2023 at 4:00 AM
Field Researcher
#10 Old 16th Feb 2023 at 3:41 AM
I added the mod to my game today (that pile of clothes where I would have to check every plan outfit), and now I was able to assign a change of clothes to my Andy Gibb sim. I was wondering if it would work for every Sim?
Inventor
#11 Old 16th Feb 2023 at 4:44 AM
The standard plan outfit dialog is available to members of playable families who can therefore have an outfit collection. So no townies and service people. That's what I found out while making my Tombstone mod.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 16th Feb 2023 at 12:28 PM
If you want to change the appearance of NPCs or townies, the best mod I found is Christianlov's Closet Gussy Up. It's been updated by Midge:
https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...y-internet-died
Also Bstu did an update to Midge's version:
https://bstu.tumblr.com/post/656519...76/mod-drabbles

This mod works by temporarity adding the NPC to the playable family to use their wardrobe, and after moves them back into their original family.