Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 5:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How can I get Bella Goth to disappear again?
I know this is strange, but since all the safe hoods on the internet have Bella either as a townie or moved back into the Goth family, I've played many stories where she was reunited with them, etc. But now, I actually want to play as it was "intended" (I guess), without Bella.
Would it be possible to make her disappear again in something like SimPE, or will making her a townie be the most I can do?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 6:02 AM
Maybe you can let her be kidnapped by aliens. Save that lot and don't go back to it so she doesn't come back.
Do at your own risk though as I haven't tried this.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 9:34 AM
Some safe options:

1. Make Bella a townie.
2. Kill Bella and put her grave on a lot nobody visits.
3. Use Inge's prisoner tag and TwoJeffs' Visitor Controller. Move Bella to a lot by herself and put the prisoner tag into her inventory. The Visitor Controller will recognize the tag and prevent Bella from ever spawning on any other lot.

Inge's prison system is all in one big zip file at the top of the page. You only need the Electronic Prisoner Tag from the .zip file for this (it looks like a CD). DO NOT get the prisoner token - that's an entirely different object with an entirely different function.
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...ims2_Prison.htm

There are currently three versions of TwoJeffs' Visitor Controller. All three should recognize and ban the prisoner tag.
1. TwoJeffs' original version is here. You should look at this page anyway because this has the documentation for the mod.
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=17.0

2. Crisps&Kerosene added personality-based bans to it.
http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com...ller-with-added

3. Midge the Tree updated Crisps&Kerosene's version to allow toga party guests to actually wear togas.
http://midgethetree.tumblr.com/post...ws-toga-parties
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 10:28 AM
You could always give her plastic surgery and change her name, then make her a townie.
Alchemist
#5 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 1:06 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 21st Jan 2019 at 3:01 PM.
If I don't have a downtown attached, I make my unwanted sims downtownies and they disappear from play. They can come back if you want.
Like Charity, I also just change unwanted sims into different sims with simsurgery and name changes. Gender, skins, names... all can be changed for that sim that is now Bella.
Instructor
#6 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 2:10 PM
I would take RoxEllen1965's suggestion for Simlogical prisoner tag. That way she'll still be alive, you change your mind about wanting her back.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 4:51 PM
Thanks for the help, however I have a new question:
I did some things in SimPE and removed Bella from the Goth household without adding her into the Townies household. This way, it kept her relationships with the Goths, but I haven't done any more further testing, so I don't know if she will ever show up or be contactable via phone. If I keep everything like this, will the hood get corrupted, or do you think this'll do?
Instructor
#8 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 5:34 PM
If she's in the default Townies household, you should still be able to contact her via phone or chat anyway, plus she could still appear in community lots (maybe not as walk by too). On top of my head, I think you might get her out of the way if you just take her out from the townies household too (without adding her to a new one) but I'm not sure if it's safe for the hood.
Why don't you just follow this tutorial, but reversing the order of the steps 8, 9 and 10?
I'll try to add the "[Invisible] Token - I Am Dead {}" memory like the original Bella had...

I'm also sure there's another flag somewhere in SimPE that makes sims ghosts without killing them - I'm opening it up know so I can check and test it for you
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 5:52 PM
Yeah, I've tried giving her a flag, but it didn't do anything. Thanks anyways, maybe I'll make her a downtownie until I add a downtown.
Instructor
#10 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 6:03 PM Last edited by DrewInTheSky : 21st Jan 2019 at 6:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Yeah, I've tried giving her a flag, but it didn't do anything. Thanks anyways, maybe I'll make her a downtownie until I add a downtown.

Ok, the token didn't work in my game either - but the flag "I'm a ghost" worked fine for me as soon as I loaded the lot I got the message "Sim has died on another lot...", just like when you try to add Bella to a family in the vanilla game.
Just need to tick this box in SimPe:

EDIT: FYI, I wasn't try to edit the Therapist, was just to show the section in SimPE NEVER edit u-NPC in any way!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 6:26 PM
Thanks Drew, I think I'll do that, but if I do so, will she disappear from the sim selector in SimPE too, or will I be able to just uncheck it later if I change my mind and want to bring her back?
Instructor
#12 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Thanks Drew, I think I'll do that, but if I do so, will she disappear from the sim selector in SimPE too, or will I be able to just uncheck it later if I change my mind and want to bring her back?

As far as I know, the only way to permantly delete a character from the game is using Theo Plugin + the Batbox (not counting stuff shouldn't be done or corruption) - my guess is that, unchecking the box and adding the Sim to the family using the appropriate hacks, you should be able to revert the process. When I have the chance again, I can try to see if I'm able to recover my test sim, meanwhile make a back up of the neighborhood before changing anything in SimPe.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 5:40 PM
I tried checking the box, but it started to produce some bugs later - namely that when I tried moving in other sims in-game, the want controller freaked out and gave them blued-out wants, and rerolling them gave weird ones like going Dirk going steady again with Lilith, or Cassandra getting engaged again to Darren. Does that mean I did something wrong, or that this is not really an option either?
Instructor
#14 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 5:53 PM
Uhm, that's weird - that box shouldn't affect the other sims, although it's very likely that you must have changed something else without realising (also, if you don't commit/save properly, SimPE might damage your hood too).
Did you make the back up? You could try making another copy and testing it again, making sure that you just browse the hood, open Bella's file and only flag the box I showed above. Then hit commit (and save, just to be safe) and close the hood.
Always make sure that SimPE loads properly, sometimes it takes a while to open certain files and clicking somewhere while it's still loading, it's not very good for the save.