Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 7:31 AM
Default Seasons Wildflowers Vase
I love that Seasons lets you pick wildflowers and decorate your sims' houses with them, but I don't love the big ugly vases they come in.

So I'm trying to change the shape of the vase. I located the wildflower file in s3oc, but when I work with it in Milkshape, all I see is the mesh for the flower when it's growing on the ground. No vase in sight.

I can't think of where else to find the mesh of the vase to begin altering it. Any ideas or help would be massively appreciated!
Thanks!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 1:48 AM
I'm reviving this thread, because I want to do the exact same thing and have the same problem as magglepaggle.

Maybe there are clues in the Seasons build file as to where to find that vase, but I have tried what I could think of to find it. I searched for "wildflower" and "vase", cloned the wildflower files with s3oc, poked around in them and then went looking through the build file to check out a bunch of files.
I get the feeling that maybe the vase is some scripted effect and no mesh at all or something, the vase apparently uses the script class Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Wildflower.
Unfortunately, I have no clue about how scripted effects work nor where or how to alter them (and maybe this is a completely wrong assumption and the script is for something else, just trying to brainstorm.)

So... If you have any ideas on how to grapple this, please share them
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#3 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 7:46 AM
The meshes for the vase are in the Seasons Fullbuilld_p16. The ID for them is 0x000000007844E202. It is indeed a scripted model change, but changing mlod/modl will change the mesh of the vase.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th May 2014 at 6:25 AM
I did it! :D
http://frenneshay.tumblr.com/post/8...-of-the-seasons

Thank you so much cmomoney! I couldn't have done it without your help!