Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 7:12 PM
Default Broken Animation, Unwanted Effects, Light Issues
I have a few new issues concerning my attempt to create a dumbwaiter out of the future food synthesiser. Rather than flood the forum with seperate threads I'll post them all here together.

Firstly the object is overly bright compared to surrounding objects. I tried darkening the multiplier but it didn't seem to actually make any difference.

I want to remove the cake pictures that appear over the "menu" section when a Sim uses the waiter. I tried removing the effect slot in TSRW but it didn't work.

The biggest issue of all is the door animation takes place faaaaar too high up. It sits where it should when not in use but as soon as a Sim interacts with it the door jumps up above the waiter, slides up slightly, slides back down and then snaps back into the correct location. I don't know what I've done to get that result.

Anyone able to help?
I've attached a picture and the current package file for people to take a look at.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Waiter.zip (279.2 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th May 2014 at 12:28 AM
I don't know about the animation problem, but as far as the shiny problem, double check your specular to be sure that it is using an all black alpha
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th May 2014 at 8:20 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but the specular is all black apart from two small areas that aren't seen from the outside of the object.

Sockpuppet
#4 Old 5th May 2014 at 10:29 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 10th May 2014 at 11:52 PM.
Had a quick look:
Changed shininess back to 20 under materials.
Changed effect slot(0x0EEE6F14) in bot tsrw's slot tab(RLST) and the RIG.(from negative to positive and vice versa)
If im right the cakes will now be hidden inside the machine.

As far as the animation goes, i noticed that the glass door joint(0x13ACEA30) has no offset under skins in the material tab.
It has a offset of 1 in the RIG so i updated the skinoffset to -1 in the meshtab.
Also deleted the 2 last groups?
Your not going to make it a glass door?

I haven't test it......
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th May 2014 at 9:27 PM
Thanks, Bloom! I'll go take a look at it in game.
And no, I don't plan on it having a glass door as all dumbwaiters I have ever come across have solid doors that you can't see into in order to disguise their presence.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th May 2014 at 3:16 PM
Update.
I tested your version in game, Bloom, and while the door animation has been fixed the object is still too light and the digital display still shows up in front of the menu.

Sockpuppet
#7 Old 7th May 2014 at 4:43 PM
Did the original object had a dxt5 specular?
Some use dxt1noalpha.

normally moving a joint in the rig will move any related effects.
Thought i edited the correct one.

If you can not fix it pull the top a little forward so it covers the digital display
Sockpuppet
#8 Old 7th May 2014 at 4:53 PM
edit,
Change the specular style to 1 under the materials for group 1
also duplicate the diffuse uvselector line/value and past them in the specular uvselector line

pretty sure i edited the correct joint but there is a IK target joint aswell(kinematiceffects)
try changing that one in both the slots tab and in the RIG.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th May 2014 at 6:28 PM
Well I've got a version with working animation and with the dessert hologram images removed now but I still can't seem to fix the brightness of the object. I've attached a copy of the current version.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  WaiterTesV7.zip (271.7 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content

Sockpuppet
#10 Old 10th May 2014 at 11:50 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 11th May 2014 at 7:50 PM.
the object looked fine ingame, did some minor changes to the material settings.
I dont have the proper EP to make it work so if it is still bright it might be something in the script.(wich i dont have)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th May 2014 at 3:55 PM
I feel quite stupid now.
I decided to clone a counter to check the multiplier greys and basically my multiplier was way too light. I've since darkened it to match that of the counter and the colours look fine now. No more over brightness.