Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 9:02 PM Last edited by IrishA03 : 31st Aug 2014 at 12:25 PM.
Default Maia Pulliam- Feedback and help please :)
I've created a new sim in hopes of uploading her here. After reading the guidelines and rules, I've come to a small problem. She is made using a small bit of CC, and I got some of that CC on The Exchange. The CC turns up in my game, but most of the CC comes without the creator's name at the bottom. I can't use CC without giving the creators' credit, but I can't trace the original creator. Any tips?

Also, here's the sim, Maia Pulliam. She has no slider mods (I don't have any) but her face is very...sharp. Any tips on improving her?

Not the best pictures, I know, but I can't edit them, so...
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 9:28 PM
I am not a sim creator but I do know that it's best to show her off without makeup and with a hair that's pulled right off her face. We need to see the actual facial sculpt. She's very pretty though.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karen lorraine
I am not a sim creator but I do know that it's best to show her off without makeup and with a hair that's pulled right off her face. We need to see the actual facial sculpt. She's very pretty though.

I may have to do that tomorrow. Thanks for saying that she's pretty
Field Researcher
#4 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 8:22 PM
Hey, you might need to take pictures inside a room with proper lights so we can see her face the way it looks in gameplay This might be interesting to read
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cleos
Hey, you might need to take pictures inside a room with proper lights so we can see her face the way it looks in gameplay This might be interesting to read

I've read that tutorial, thanks, it just completely slipped out of my head. Sorry
Forum Resident
#6 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 9:49 PM
concerning the cc-linking
if you cant trace the items from the exchange - skip them. someone wise said once "sims look more impressive without that much CC anyway" ... erm or something like this.
so make a list what cc you really need to "capture" her look (and yes she looks awesome).
if then still something basic is missing and cant be traced (cause of exchange dilemma) i say: you find the same CC (or better) when searching for it. there is hardly not only "one" eyeliner or lipstick of certain shape or shine. or only one hair she looks good with... (also isnt the exchange all about recolours?!? you see i have no experience with that)

trust me - she will look as amazing as now but with matching cc-link createria for MTS in the end. if you arent good with searching by yourself theres a WCIF section over here => Sims 3 WCIF

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Instructor
#7 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:29 PM
well if you want her to become more fabulous you will need a lot of CC for it you can find somewhere else around the interwebz or you can ask us here in this thread

EDIT: just state what specific CC you want to find.

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Forum Resident
#8 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:23 AM
i dont agree that one needs a lot of cc to make a sim fabulous. btw. downloading a sim that still has space for own creativity is interesting for many people (thats why some people upload base sims).

of course: having additional sliders can be helpful in creating sims with distinctive features. the proof for me that less CC can be more is that no costum slider sim here Lunararc - David Brian - No Sliders Series one has to admit that Lunararc is a master and that she uses a high quality skin on him. but nevertheless he is awesomly impressive

so its up to you: this sliders masterlist by shock&shame i a good start if you want more sliders in your game. i also always recommend checking OneEuroMutts site (since he is my master of slider disaster) => OEMs Download Index

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Instructor
#9 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:00 AM
A long CC list is a turn off to many downloaders. Personally, I think CC should be used judiciously. I don't think you necessarily have to load them up to look nice/interesting. Don't use it just for the sake of using it, if you know what I mean. Use each piece because it actually added something to the Sim. I would start with just the very basic - skin, eyes/contacts and eyebrows. That alone will make a big difference.

For sliders - again, there is a LOT you can do with just the basic sliders if you know how to work them well. I downloaded someone's "base sim" that had something like 40+ custom sliders and I started removing them to see if I could "lighten the load" a little. I got nearly half of them off of her and you couldn't tell the original from my edit. Also - be aware that there are many sliders that do the same thing. For example, I know that OneEuroMutt has a chin-width slider that does essentially the same thing as GnatGoSplat's. No sense using both on the same sim.

So I'm just saying - use the cc if it actually adds something, but not just because it's cool to use gizmos and widgets. Loading a sim up with a ton of cc doesn't make it interesting.

Debate on cc aside - you really need to show us closer up pictures of you sim if we are to help you fine tune her. It's better to take the pictures indoors as lighting a sim properly outside can be a challenge. Also, make sure you light her well, so that we can see her face clearly.