Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
shiny!
retired moderator
#26 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 11:29 PM
We actually have a success story with people on those specs and the latest patch (that very first link Ella gave above), so while I can't guarantee you we can fix it, I wouldn't give up just yet. Honestly, the latest patch just borked up so much, we're not quite know exactly all that's going on with it yet.

So, just to clarify, you've already tried reinstalling down to the base game, which works fine, but when you install WA + patch it stops working again? Have you tried the new Nvidia drivers Ella posted above?

Do this for me.. Run this program and choose to save a log: http://download.cnet.com/Trend-Micr...4-10227353.html Upload the log here. Make sure you don't click to fix anything It's a totally manual program and you have to know what you're doing or you can really mess up your computer.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 11:40 PM Last edited by sophiab1b3 : 2nd Jan 2010 at 2:08 AM.
Yeah, I just read them, but I wasn't having the exact same problem as them. My game doesn't load at all.
Yes, that's exactly whats happening. I can try installing them right now and update.
Ok I can do thats, too.

Edit: I reinstalled Sims 3 WA and it said I needed to update my game in order to play ebcause it wasn't compatible and I ahd the same problem when i bypassed the launcher.
Right now I'm unistalling Sims 3 WA and Sims 3 then I'll reinstall them both an see how it works.
Edit 2: Reinstalled games and it wouldn't let me do it without downloading the patches.

Sophia:: People like me squeeze lemons and make lemonade, and other people like my brother squeeze lemons and make orange juice...
shiny!
retired moderator
#28 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 11:51 PM
Your problem is exactly the same as the first link. Their game wouldn't load at all. Hopefully we can solve this.

Let me know if the update solved it, and if not post the hijack this log.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 2:08 AM
How do I do the log thing? The only thing that it lets me do is scan AND save a log...is it that one?

Sophia:: People like me squeeze lemons and make lemonade, and other people like my brother squeeze lemons and make orange juice...
shiny!
retired moderator
#30 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 2:12 AM
Yes... scan and save log.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 2:21 AM
Ok, thanks.

shiny!
retired moderator
#32 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 2:37 AM
Okay, thanks for that. I want you to use msconfig command to disable absolutely everything not necessary for your system to run, ok? This is how you do it: http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...45&postcount=21 Basically, under the "startup" tab, disable (uncheck) EVERYTHING but AVG. Under "services", check the "hide microsoft related services" and then disable (uncheck) EVERYTHING but AVG again.

See, when you install a program, that program often times installs extra services and startup items that aren't necessary for your computer or the program. The more you install, the most extra stuff you have running (stuff you can't even see running.. called background processes) and the more stuff you have running the slower your computer runs. For example, java installs a startup item, but you can still disable it and use java whenever you feel like loading it. Disabling startup items and non microsoft services cannot hurt your computer, because your computer doesn't need any of them to work perfectly, and restoring them is as simple as reopening msconfig and checking the box again. I want to see if something is conflicting with your game. It will also help your computer run a little better not to have all that extra stuff running.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 2:39 AM Last edited by callistra : 2nd Jan 2010 at 3:55 AM. Reason: combining posts
Okay I've doen that but I'll be right back...dinner.

Ok, I disabled it all and ran Sims 3 and it didn't work.

shiny!
retired moderator
#34 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 3:56 AM
Dang, well.. I'm close to out of suggestions.

The next thing I would try would be to create a brand new Windows user account and try playing the game from there..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 4:06 AM
Darn...:/
Okay I'll try that.

Edit: made a new account and no luck. :/

shiny!
retired moderator
#36 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 4:52 AM
I can't think of anything else reasonable to try. Sorry

ETA: I guess you can try disabling AVG, but I'm pretty sure it's not one of the AVs that's conflicting.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 5:23 AM
Ah...that's okay...is it possible for you to inform thisto anyone else?

In the Arena
retired moderator
#38 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 7:18 AM
Are you up for another round of uninstalling/reinstalling/patching?

I saw you still have the EA Download Manager installed.
What worked for SnowWhiteCharming (in the first linked thread I provided, and I think the only one so far with similar specs that managed to solve this crashing), was she uninstalled Windows LiveOne Care *and* patched via direct download (i.e. an .exe file instead of via Launcher).
All this while, was that how you did the patching i.e. via Launcher (and thus EADM)?

If yes, and you're up for another round, try the whole cycle again, but this time uninstall EADM first. Then test game.

If that didn't work, then uninstall, reinstall and download patch executable from here: Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Downloadwiki, which is part of the Patching wiki, to patch your game. Remember to bypass Launcher to load the game (with fresh user files & do not restore CC, yet), once patching has completed.

If that still does not work, my last suggestion is to rollback to the 1.7/2.2 patch (yes, another round of uninstall/reinstall/patching is required to do a rollback, sorry! ), just to confirm/debunk the theory if 1.8/2.3 is too much for your machine to handle.

Do not reinstall EADM while the Launcher remains unfixed - yes we have to wait for EA. This means that you cannot download new store/exchange or install items via Launcher, yet.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 9:53 PM Last edited by sophiab1b3 : 3rd Jan 2010 at 3:53 AM.
Thanks ella for replying.

I guess so. So I have to uninstall everything including EADM. Yes, that was how I was patching. When I tried to bypass the launcher it came up with the same error (This patch is not compatible witht he bas egame/expansion) in Windows format.

So only 1.7/2.2 and 1.8/2.3 are compatible with eachother? Okay.

Doing it now.

Edit: Didn't work, it came up with the error saing the patches aren't compatible. and I ddin't have EADM installed, which one do i install?

In the Arena
retired moderator
#40 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 3:21 AM
Yeah, the base game and WA must be patched to the same level in these matched pairs:
--------------
Base - WA
--------------
1.5/1.6 - 2.0
1.7 - 2.2
1.8 - 2.3
Page 2 of 2