Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 9:23 PM
Default A Wizard's Staff
Yes, I know it has a knob on the end, but other than that, what use is it? I see that there are upgrades, but all they tell me is that the power is higher. What does that power do, if anything?

In other words, is there any point to getting a stronger staff than the basic one?M

Marc
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 9:37 PM
Not sure here but I think the power makes spells easier to cast.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 3:13 AM
The Sims Medieval Wiki says "Wizards use staffs of different power levels to cast spells. The power level decides along with the focus level how much chance there is the spell will succeed, how effective the spell is, and how much energy it drains." (http://thesimsmedieval.wikia.com/wiki/Wizard) I am also pretty sure that, because they use it to meditate instead of sleeping, it is like upgrading beds - they will be better rested more quickly. So, I think it's worth it to get a better staff. If you have a higher level blacksmith, it is worth it to have him/her make the staff. A good blacksmith can make staffs that are higher quality, which increases the power. For example, a legendary quality Magical Staff has a power level of 9 or 10, while one of normal quality is only 7.
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 5:02 AM
Have your wizard do the genie quest and set the genie free. In return, the genie will give him a humdinger of a staff.