Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Dec 2011 at 7:50 PM
A Few Questions
Hello everybody!

I have some questions waiting to be answered.

1) When I play with my bard, I set his room's privacy as "Make Room Private to Owner". But a frustrating peasent keeps entering my sim's room, using his bathtub and taking books from his bookshelf. I tried to ask her to leave but it's not available. It says she has an important bussines there and can't leave. How can I deal with this problem?

2) Can I make servants in the Throne Room to serve the Monarch? It's a little bit funny to see the Monarch prepraing his own meal and eating with the common people!

3) I heard that if one finishes the first ambition "New Beginnings", he/she will start the other ambition with no heroes or castles created before and do quests which is very similiar to each other. I'm curious about this.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Dec 2011 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Clavatum
Hello everybody!

I have some questions waiting to be answered.

1) When I play with my bard, I set his room's privacy as "Make Room Private to Owner". But a frustrating peasent keeps entering my sim's room, using his bathtub and taking books from his bookshelf. I tried to ask her to leave but it's not available. It says she has an important bussines there and can't leave. How can I deal with this problem?

2) Can I make servants in the Throne Room to serve the Monarch? It's a little bit funny to see the Monarch prepraing his own meal and eating with the common people!

3) I heard that if one finishes the first ambition "New Beginnings", he/she will start the other ambition with no heroes or castles created before and do quests which is very similiar to each other. I'm curious about this.

Thanks in advance!

Not sure what the Bards problem is are you questing and have you tried talking to her or getting inspiration from her? Again not sure, someone else jump in here please.

But, you should have the option to call for food with your Monarch if your servant is on the same floor of the castle. Simmodder has several Mods one of them being extra palace staff. The Mods are excellent and you can find them here.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=446037

Yes, after you finish the first ambition you start from scratch with a new Monarch of your choosing with no heroes and do the same quests over again but you can play most of the quests with a variety of different characters. There is also a way to play in a second ambition with your old kingdom, you can find that here.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438052

Again, about the bard. Sorry I have no clue.

I like playing The Sims. I don't like to be played like a Sim.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Dec 2011 at 9:32 PM Last edited by Clavatum : 25th Dec 2011 at 10:05 PM.
Thanks for your reply! I think I got what causes this problem. I'm doing a quest about ignorant peasants. My bard is tying to educate them. There are three of them in my tavern, drinking, vomiting on the floor, farting and behaving in a very rude way! They do unusual things which cannot be done. So, I can understand why my bard hates them. So I think when I finish this quest they'll be normal again.

Edit: I have just completed the quest. They have been educated and gone forever! :D
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 8:01 AM
Yeah if there's an npc hanging around that is "there on important business and can't be sent away" it means they're there for the quest, likely in a soon upcoming step.

I've found though the "set room as private" option can be a little touch and go. I set my monarch's bedchamber to private but the servant goes in there all the time... monarch calls for food and instead of setting it on the nice big dining room table, he brings it into my monarch's bedchamber and puts it on his nightstand. And npcs go through there all the time in or out of the bathroom. Yet if my monarch invites someone to bed, they can't enter unless I take the privacy off. It's baffling. The only thing I can figure is the privacy option doesn't prevent them from entering, just from using anything in the room (so they can't lie on the bed or use the mirror in there, etc). Still, I wish they'd stop barging in every time my monarch is adding a notch to his "25 woohoos" achievement. haha
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Destynova99
Yeah if there's an npc hanging around that is "there on important business and can't be sent away" it means they're there for the quest, likely in a soon upcoming step.

I've found though the "set room as private" option can be a little touch and go. I set my monarch's bedchamber to private but the servant goes in there all the time... monarch calls for food and instead of setting it on the nice big dining room table, he brings it into my monarch's bedchamber and puts it on his nightstand. And npcs go through there all the time in or out of the bathroom. Yet if my monarch invites someone to bed, they can't enter unless I take the privacy off. It's baffling. The only thing I can figure is the privacy option doesn't prevent them from entering, just from using anything in the room (so they can't lie on the bed or use the mirror in there, etc). Still, I wish they'd stop barging in every time my monarch is adding a notch to his "25 woohoos" achievement. haha

I've had more luck with Grim's Core Mod Privacy than the function in the game. When in Privacy Mode with Grim's Core Mod the maid will come in my Monarch's room and make the bed and do the floor but that's all she does. An advisor may come in to talk but nothing more.

I like playing The Sims. I don't like to be played like a Sim.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 8:05 PM
Its the wash basin and the bathtub that seems to be problematic. I have kept them out of the private areas and the peasant invasions seem to have slacked off. I used moveobjects to put hygiene items in back rooms. I also added outdoor baths in various spots with privacy screens for npcs.

Yes it is the clothes that makes the Sim