Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#26 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by *JJSims*
The Sims 4 will be released soon. I saw the trailer on You Tube and my questions are:
-What do you expect ?
-What´s your imression ?

I expect a crappy game that I won't be buying
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 11:51 PM
Will sims walk hand in hand in sims 4? Wil they talk side by side when they walk? Whould be nice and more realistic...
Alchemist
#28 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 2:26 AM
I don't know what to expect, but it was sad to see how little they had to "show off" at Gamescom. If that's all they had, and at the same time expected to inspire people with some "whoopee" feeling for The Sims 4, somebody at headquarters is in serious denial.
Test Subject
#29 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DDOAndora
May I ask why? For the whole life of Sims 3 I have seen others write this. It never panned out for them. When Island Paradise was coming out we had Simmers saying we should give EA time, that the Sims 3 is a brand new game. It was no longer a brand new game.

Even if developers cycle in and out by the 4th in a game like the Sims parameters should be laid out. With the store players say that you are unreasonable if you want the items not only to work in the base game but to play nice with the expansions we pay for. We are told that the store team does not work on Sims 3. So what game should I buy to justify the over priced items in the store?

I do not hate EA. I do not hate the developers, I just want value for the money I spend. I am not looking for gimmicks. For me right now the Sims 4 feels like a gimmick. Why should those unhappy with the game shut up but those who love gimmicks get to gush?

Totally agreed. It DEF seems like a Gimmick. I think that if the game isn't going to be a logical progression of the franchise then they should just call it something else. It doesn't really seem like the improvements are what people have been asking for in the first place. With each new iteration of the sims it seems that the developers care less and less about the existing players.
Test Subject
#30 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 11:22 AM
i hope the sims will look more realistic and i expect that we can look into the shops and restaurants.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 11:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by *JJSims*
The Sims 4 will be released soon. I saw the trailer on You Tube and my questions are:
-What do you expect ?
-What´s your imression ?

I expect to be disappointed, I hope to be surprised.
Alchemist
#32 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
I expect a crappy game that I won't be buying

Pretty much this. I just can't get over the cartoony graphics; they're just too childish for my taste. I could've forgiven a lot - a lot - if the graphics would've been better and bit more realistic. But now, no thank you. I don't want a game that looks like it has been made for a 10 year-old. Sorry, EA, you lost one loyal customer, one that have been playing ever since Sims 1 was released and one that happily poured her money into every expansion pack + stuff pack (except Katy Perry). No more.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#33 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Pretty much this. I just can't get over the cartoony graphics; they're just too childish for my taste. I could've forgiven a lot - a lot - if the graphics would've been better and bit more realistic. But now, no thank you. I don't want a game that looks like it has been made for a 10 year-old. Sorry, EA, you lost one loyal customer, one that have been playing ever since Sims 1 was released. No more.

I take it you had a sabbatical from being a loyal customer when TS2 was out then, since the sims looked almost the same in TS2 as they are in TS4?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Alchemist
#34 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 1:37 PM Last edited by varpunen : 1st Sep 2013 at 2:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I take it you had a sabbatical from being a loyal customer when TS2 was out then, since the sims looked almost the same in TS2 as they are in TS4?

Actually I loved Sims 2 and Sims 4 - especially the surroundings - look a hell of lot more cartoony than Sims 2. I actually created clothing for Sims 2 and I can bet that it isn't possible to create that realistic looking clothing for Sims 4. Also it was possible in Sims 2 to create eerily realistic looking sims. Sims 4 looks as it's made by Pixar.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#35 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 1:45 PM
I think it will be even *more* possible to make "eerily" realistic sims in TS4. When they have a straight face, that is. What TS4 has in common with TS2 is that when they start animating their faces, the expressions are cartoony. We've been seeing the expressive faces from TS4 screens cos that is what EA are deciding to focus on showing off. I'd hold judgement till you see people beginning to make custom sims.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Alchemist
#36 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 1:52 PM Last edited by varpunen : 1st Sep 2013 at 2:05 PM.
I think it will be even *more* possible to make "eerily" realistic sims in TS4. When they have a straight face, that is. What TS4 has in common with TS2 is that when they start animating their faces, the expressions are cartoony. We've been seeing the expressive faces from TS4 screens cos that is what EA are deciding to focus on showing off. I'd hold judgement till you see people beginning to make custom sims.

Well, one can always hope. Maybe EA will surprise us and the cc makers will pull it off... and that includes the surroundings.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 4:24 PM

Exactly. If there was just some way to adjust the "elasticity" of the facial movements....which I'm sure there will be eventually by some genius modder who disables the commands that force them. A "Boxtox" mod will be the first thing I look for.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 5:22 PM

I hope people wouldn't send fake links
None of those videos are the sims 4. The first one is sims 3 trailer and the two others are some fan made (?)

But it makes me wonder if any of sims fans would rather go for a life simulation game like shown in the trailer 2&3, or would everyone still stay with the Sims and EA ...
Alchemist
#39 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
I hope people wouldn't send fake links
None of those videos are the sims 4. The first one is sims 3 trailer and the two others are some fan made (?)

But it makes me wonder if any of sims fans would rather go for a life simulation game like shown in the trailer 2&3, or would everyone still stay with the Sims and EA ...

The second trailer... I would.
Alchemist
#40 Old 3rd Sep 2013 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Pretty much this. I just can't get over the cartoony graphics; they're just too childish for my taste. I could've forgiven a lot - a lot - if the graphics would've been better and bit more realistic. But now, no thank you. I don't want a game that looks like it has been made for a 10 year-old. Sorry, EA, you lost one loyal customer, one that have been playing ever since Sims 1 was released and one that happily poured her money into every expansion pack + stuff pack (except Katy Perry). No more.

I'm really hoping they fix it enough for me to want to buy it, But I have a feeling when GTA 5 comes out in a couple of weeks I'm going to forget TS4
Field Researcher
#41 Old 3rd Sep 2013 at 7:21 PM
Oh man, looking at that 2nd video, and comparing it to the game play video at Gamescon just makes me want to sit in a corner and cry.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 3rd Sep 2013 at 10:41 PM
Well I never tend to look up too much info about games that arent out yet and try not to build expectations too high.

Realisticly however, expectations are always there still, and heres what I'd expect to be the next step:

-Sims with more personality.
they say they will improve this, for now I'm still skeptical untill its proven. Traits where supposed to add more personality as well, but it was all rather shallow and affected a few minor things.

-More relaxed sims.
They always seem to sit and stand around like they have a stick up their bum, I'd want to see them actually relax while watching tv. lean back, maybe even lay on the couch while watching tv.
Seeing how they will have different movement styles, I really hope it will extend into the way they sit on chairs, couches and such as well.

-Ages.
Why not give sims an actual age? Age groups could still be included, but sims could grow and develop as they age. An early teen may still be more childlike while a late teen could be more mature.
Would also mean no flashy aging up effects, sims could gradually grow and develop, and a message could be shown that says they moved to the next age group on their birthday.
Page 2 of 2