Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LexCee
oh well hat maybe the problem. I stopped playing for a LONG time, and when I went to play again, it automatically updated me to the 1.69 patch. I don't think I can go back now either. I will just start looking into finding the bad mods and CC.

Hmmm I wonder also how I have Windows 8 when my laptop came with Win 7 and the only update i did was their offer of Windows 10. That part is confusing me.

Well, that's the problem, patch 1.69 as you said. Here's how to fix and roll it back, http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...952#post4920952 you have to uninstall your TS3 completely then re-install it, best way is by using your TS3 BG disc, don't use the one from origin if you have, otherwise you have to disable the automatic update so it stays with 1.67, or you can just patch it with super patch 1.67, that's what I read here somewhere, it said it will go back to 1.67 if I'm not wrong.

Your laptop OS is windows 8, that's what it said above:

Quote:
=== Application info ===
Name: Sims3
Version:
Build: Release
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 3 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 2 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2095 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 2393 RAM: 4043 Adjusted RAM: 3531 Cores: 2
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows 8 6.2.9200

It will say Windows 7 or 10 if it's 7 or 10..., don't ask me how did you get it.. I wouldn't know that.. lol
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
Well, that's the problem, patch 1.69 as you said. Here's how to fix and roll it back, http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...952#post4920952 you have to uninstall your TS3 completely then re-install it, best way is by using your TS3 BG disc, don't use the one from origin if you have, otherwise you have to disable the automatic update so it stays with 1.67, or you can just patch it with super patch 1.67, that's what I read here somewhere, it said it will go back to 1.67 if I'm not wrong.

Your laptop OS is windows 8, that's what it said above:

It will say Windows 7 or 10 if it's 7 or 10..., don't ask me how did you get it.. I wouldn't know that.. lol

I am chatting with someone in Windows now cause I am super confused,

I never bought a hard disk. I got all my Sims through Origin so can I still fix the patch issues?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 7:49 PM
also if I do this will it delete my games?

ETA- I do have Windows 10 they say but they said the game is recognizing the older version and when I update it should recognize but there are no more updates so I'm like
Instructor
#29 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 7:51 PM
hmmm when i go into my Settings-system- about it is saying I am running Windows 10, but somehow my game isn't. it's running Win 8 which I don't even know how I got Win 8

Oh I see why, you did upgraded your previous windows to 10, but you haven't done a fresh and clean install of windows 10, you have to download a copy of windows 10 build 10586, then just do a clean and fresh installation instead of upgraded version. Plus you will have a copy of Windows 10 in case you need to re-install it in the future, just don't forget to download all of your hardware drivers for windows 10, because you might not have the proper drivers for your windows 10 if you just upgraded it.
Instructor
#30 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 7:54 PM
I am chatting with someone in Windows now cause I am super confused,

I never bought a hard disk. I got all my Sims through Origin so can I still fix the patch issues?

I'm sure I read it here somewhere but I forgot where it was, it said it can be fix with just re-patch it with super patch 1.67, just try to look for that thread somewhere here, maybe in the General Discussion section.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 7:56 PM
Oh I see why, you did upgraded your previous windows to 10, but you haven't done a fresh and clean install of windows 10, you have to download a copy of windows 10 build 10586, then just do a clean and fresh installation instead of upgraded version. Plus you will have a copy of Windows 10 in case you need to re-install it in the future, just don't forget to download all of your hardware drivers for windows 10, because you might not have the proper drivers for your windows 10 if you just upgraded it.

SO I go on their website and download it again because the rep says I am running windows 10 so what else could need to be done? I should have stayed with WIndows 7 for all this
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 7:57 PM
I'm sure I read it here somewhere but I forgot where it was, it said it can be fix with just re-patch it with super patch 1.67, just try to look for that thread somewhere here, maybe in the General Discussion section.

ok thank you
Instructor
#33 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 8:09 PM
SO I go on their website and download it again because the rep says I am running windows 10 so what else could need to be done? I should have stayed with WIndows 7 for all this

There's the different, if you upgraded it before November, your Windows 10 probably build 10240 (that's the latest one before November update), if this the one you have in your laptop, it will automatically download the 1511 which is Windows 10 build 10586, the better way is just download the 10586 with its MediaCreationTool from their website and upgrade or install it manually with a fresh and clean installation.

To check your Windows 10 version just type DxDiag in Cortana or Search box, it will show you if your Windows 10 build 10130 or 10240 or 10586, the latest one is 10586.

Well either way, it doesn't matter what windows you're running, you need to fix your TS3 first if you want to play TS3, but if you want to update your Windows 10 to the latest one, I suggest you better download it as a free copy instead of upgrading it again.

You're welcome, I gotta go now.. see ya
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 8:09 PM
Is it the Nrass super patch?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 8:13 PM
ok bye thanks so much
Test Subject
Original Poster
#36 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 8:14 PM
I am thinking this is an OS issue for anyone else reading that may want to comment, because my PC has been freezing in general lately anyways. I am still chatting with the rep and I hope I can get this resolved today and out of University and make me a pup.

I ran the DXdiag and I am running Win 10 10586.
Instructor
#37 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 8:25 PM
I am thinking this is an OS issue for anyone else reading that may want to comment, because my PC has been freezing in general lately anyways. I am still chatting with the rep and I hope I can get this resolved today and out of University and make me a pup.

I ran the DXdiag and I am running Win 10 10586.

Hmm, if that's the case, I suspect that you haven't install proper drivers for your hardware compatible with win 10, you might need to go to Toshiba website and look for its win 10 x64 drivers, as for your Intel HD, go to intel.com, that's usually the case if someone just upgrade it, you still need windows 10 compatible drivers for your laptop, because each windows OS have its own driver compatibility, I hope that helps.

Ok bye now, I really gotta go.., I'll check again soon..

PS: No, NRASS is not the super patch, you have to download super patch 1.67 about 1.2Gb in size, just google it, or its link might be here somewhere also, I just don't remember what thread was it..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#38 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 9:12 PM
Still working with the agent he is doing remote access and everything so hopefully I can get this fixed and don't have to do too much to my game

He updated some drivers but still noticed freezing which I didn't. But it did something.

Also the folder I moved to my desktop regenerated in the documents folder and so maybe that is why I can't find my saved games but I guess I will figure that out when I am done with him here
Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 10:23 PM
Do I went ahead and did the disk clean up all the way now I can't restore back to Windows 7 with a system restore, this is the issue, everything is fine but toshiba doesn't have a driver install for my lap top combustible with Windows 10 and so now I'm messed up. I don't know how to get back to Windows 7 and toshiba wants to charge to help me which I'm not paying so I guess I don't get To play until I figure out how to get back to atleast Windows 8.1 but I guess Windows 7. If anyone ANYONE knows how I can get back to Windows 7 without a charge please let me know
In the Arena
retired moderator
#41 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 5:16 AM
Sims 3 is CPU-intensive.
IMO, it is not worth it to upgrade an i3 laptop. And I also disagree that an i3 laptop with @2.1GHz is sufficient to run Sims 3, with all patches installed. The base game, unpatched, requires a processor with 2.4GHz MINIMUM, to run.

There's also nothing wrong in buying an OLD PC if it is still working, though one has to adjust expectations. You cannot expect a 7-year old PC to run as fast as a 1month old PC with Skylake CPU processing power(current generation processor) and/or expect it to last for 2 years. If you're lucky it might run for 6mths. If not lucky it might die one month later. And because you're also buying a 2nd-hand PC without any warranty, there's no recourse for the consumer when things break one week out after the purchase is made. Like I said previously, if the specs matches TS3's requirements, for a reasonable price, a machine like that can run Sims 3 (if that is all you play) reasonably well. But expect it to die soon. My PC that died was of that generation.

@LexCee, if you cannot afford to lose $250, then don't buy the Dell. It is a better plan to put that $250 towards a new system.

I took six months to fix my gaming desktop, buying things when I can afford them. I now have a Skylake processor @3.1 GHz, 16GB RAM, a GTX 970 GPU and a 27" IPS monitor and I'm happy.

ps: there's also the hidden cost of switching from a laptop to a desktop. You'd need more than $250, because you'd need a monitor, keyboard and mouse...and check if the tower also has a network card for WiFi (wireless) or LAN port (wired)?
Instructor
#42 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 5:41 AM Last edited by PapaEmy : 3rd Jan 2016 at 5:58 AM.
Do I went ahead and did the disk clean up all the way now I can't restore back to Windows 7 with a system restore, this is the issue, everything is fine but toshiba doesn't have a driver install for my lap top combustible with Windows 10 and so now I'm messed up. I don't know how to get back to Windows 7 and toshiba wants to charge to help me which I'm not paying so I guess I don't get To play until I figure out how to get back to atleast Windows 8.1 but I guess Windows 7. If anyone ANYONE knows how I can get back to Windows 7 without a charge please let me know

Ok, just don't panic now.., if Toshiba don't have them yet, let's try to fix your windows 10 now, go here http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html and download CPU-Z 1.74, install and then run it, in the CPU-Z menu click on the motherboard tab, it will show what your motherboard is and its chipset, write it down and then go to intel.com and look for windows 10 driver for your motherboard's chipset.

Go here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ to download them, they should have all what you need for your windows 10 drivers, chipset, intel HD 3000 gpu and SATA AHCI controller, install them and restart your computer each time you have install each driver. Your laptop should be fine after these 3 drivers been updated.

Now after you done that, right click on start menu logo, click device manager and look for your audio device, LAN, WLAN, if you can't find their name in the device manager, go back to start menu, right click, open program and features. From here don't uninstall anything, you just need to determine what is your Audio device, LAN and WLAN, these will show you what drivers has been installed in the previous windows 7, usually it's RealTek (but it could be different).

Now go to http://www.realtek.com.tw/ to find what your need, if you can't find specifically on what you need, just download the latest ones compatible with windows 10, and now for the rest like your camera, bluetooth and track pad or pointing device you can go back check with Toshiba otherwise you can just leave them with windows driver default, it won't harm your laptop.

And now if you want to go back to windows 7, you can do what Nitromon said above and follow his instructions, but you still need all windows 7 drivers to be re-installed back, the steps are the same only this time you need to look for windows 7 drivers compatible.

Also the folder I moved to my desktop regenerated in the documents folder and so maybe that is why I can't find my saved games but I guess I will figure that out when I am done with him here

Your saved games are safe inside TS3 folder you just moved to desktop, just moved it back to Documents when you want to play them.

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
When you update your Win 7, make you sure do not accidentally update the annoying "Upgrade Win 10 notice."

The problem is, it will, you'll need a third party software to prevent from upgrading to windows 10, or you can try to disabled your windows update all together so it won't bugging you anymore
Page 2 of 2