Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 2:31 PM Last edited by -Miso- : 25th Jan 2018 at 4:22 PM.
Default Sims 4 - Random Character Values Generator
Hello,
I've been looking for something such a gen for a while now and couldn't find it, so I made one.

If anyone else was looking for one here you go: Random Character Values Generator with cheats so that you can implement traits for pre-existing adult sims.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 4:42 PM
Hey, that's kind of awesome actually because this is something I've wanted, myself. It's annoying as crap when a baby ages up and you have to manually choose their traits--where is the random option?! I'm pretty sure prior games had the option or just gave you random traits--actually, I am fairly certain TS3 would assign a random trait if the child wasn't doing well in school before aging up. That was actually a decent--albeit sometimes annoying--idea that actually gave a reason to help them get good grades, other than social services taking them away if they failed for too long (which I never actually saw so I dunno if it really happens). EDIT: Part of WHY this is so annoying is because in TS4 there are like, a bunch of good/normal traits and then a few legitimately "why would you even bother unless you're trying to mess around" traits that nobody would ever want on their main families, so usually what happens is I end up picking stuff like "Genius," "Good" and what not and just completely avoid stuff like "Clumsy" or whatever unless I'm bored or feel like it's kind of stupid to have like 70 Good Geniuses and nobody with any real personality or problems.

However, it seems like your generator only works for kids or something? I only see 5 slots and it keeps generating stuff I've never seen since I haven't updated since before the toddler patch. Is there a way to rig it for older stages? Or maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Either way, I like the idea and support it. Thank you for this contribution.

smash that disagree button fam, red's my favorite color
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 6:41 PM Last edited by -Miso- : 30th Jan 2018 at 10:15 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Shenti
Hey, that's kind of awesome actually because this is something I've wanted, myself. It's annoying as crap when a baby ages up and you have to manually choose their traits--where is the random option?! I'm pretty sure prior games had the option or just gave you random traits--actually, I am fairly certain TS3 would assign a random trait if the child wasn't doing well in school before aging up. That was actually a decent--albeit sometimes annoying--idea that actually gave a reason to help them get good grades, other than social services taking them away if they failed for too long (which I never actually saw so I dunno if it really happens). EDIT: Part of WHY this is so annoying is because in TS4 there are like, a bunch of good/normal traits and then a few legitimately "why would you even bother unless you're trying to mess around" traits that nobody would ever want on their main families, so usually what happens is I end up picking stuff like "Genius," "Good" and what not and just completely avoid stuff like "Clumsy" or whatever unless I'm bored or feel like it's kind of stupid to have like 70 Good Geniuses and nobody with any real personality or problems.

However, it seems like your generator only works for kids or something? I only see 5 slots and it keeps generating stuff I've never seen since I haven't updated since before the toddler patch. Is there a way to rig it for older stages? Or maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Either way, I like the idea and support it. Thank you for this contribution.

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

I completely agree and definitely find myself doing the same thing usually, haha. I tried using some custom trait mods but sometimes they get pretty glitchy and it just leaves me wishing that the sims 4 would have more traits to choose from or at least allow us to be able to add more of them to each sim. Like in sims 3 where you could pick 5, because at least that way their personalities would be more dynamic and different from one sim to another.

So what I think you are looking for is a Trait Generator and below I've added some links to some useful ones.:

Link 1: http://www.scenariogenerator.net/generators/the_sims_4
Link 2: http://createarandomsim.com/adult
Link 3: https://www.platinumsimmers.com/trait-randomiser/

However, this gen I made is only for the Character Values that come with the Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack, sorry about the confusion I probably should put a disclaimer regarding this.

Anyway, I hope this was helpful and thanks a lot for the encouragement.
Scholar
#4 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by -Miso-
Hello,
I've been looking for something such a gen for a while now and couldn't find it, so I made one.

If anyone else was looking for one here you go: Random Character Values Generator with cheats so that you can implement traits for pre-existing adult sims.

Thank you for making this!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 9:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
Thank you for making this!

I'm glad you like it!