Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 8:25 PM Last edited by MantaLeigha : 1st Feb 2018 at 9:37 PM. Reason: edited because I have the time to do what EA wants me to but I don't want to.
"Restaurant" interaction under Friendly interaction tree Sims 4/ Is this the right place for this?
I'm really sorry if this isn't where this belongs. I went over to the EA Sims 4 forums to try and get some help with this issue and apparently, you have to gain points through doing some messy barrage of unclear nonsense in order to do that (which, I understand their reasoning for but I don't really have the time to dedicate to said nonsense) so here I am.

My issue: I was playing my Sims 4 game last night (on which I have many a CC installed) and went under the Friendly interaction you can do between two sims and noticed that one of the options was "Restaurant". I made my sims who initiated the interaction do this "Restaurant" interaction and I believe it made the two sims hug? and talk? I can't remember. I can reproduce it to check again if need be because I logged into the same sim household toady and check to see if that interaction was still there, and it is. I only just noticed it last night. It is probably worth noting that I did update both MC Command Center and Wicked Whims just before playing Sims 4. I have other CC besides those two and I have no clue if this issue is related to one, both, or neither of those mods but, like I said, it's worth noting.

Has anyone else experienced this? I considered posting to one or both of the Patreon pages for these mods but I'm just not sure if either of them are the cause or not so I figured one centralized place is better (i.e. posting here). Also, I do have a screenshot of the interaction tree to clarify. I don't know how to make it work in my post, I don't do forum things much, but it can be provided if need be. If this is not the correct place to post this type of thing, please tell me so and direct me to where it should go.

**Update: Upon removing all mods and CC of every kind, the issue still persists, but only with the same household I noticed it occuring in initially. All of my other households have the normal interactions under the Friendly tree.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MantaLeigha
I'm really sorry if this isn't where this belongs. I went over to the EA Sims 4 forums to try and get some help with this issue and apparently, you have to gain points through doing some messy barrage of unclear nonsense in order to do that (which, I understand their reasoning for but I don't really have the time to dedicate to said nonsense) so here I am.

My issue: I was playing my Sims 4 game last night (on which I have many a CC installed) and went under the Friendly interaction you can do between two sims and noticed that one of the options was "Restaurant". I made my sims who initiated the interaction do this "Restaurant" interaction and I believe it made the two sims hug? and talk? I can't remember. I can reproduce it to check again if need be because I logged into the same sim household toady and check to see if that interaction was still there, and it is. I only just noticed it last night. It is probably worth noting that I did update both MC Command Center and Wicked Whims just before playing Sims 4. I have other CC besides those two and I have no clue if this issue is related to one, both, or neither of those mods but, like I said, it's worth noting.

Has anyone else experienced this? I considered posting to one or both of the Patreon pages for these mods but I'm just not sure if either of them are the cause or not so I figured one centralized place is better (i.e. posting here). Also, I do have a screenshot of the interaction tree to clarify. I don't know how to make it work in my post, I don't do forum things much, but it can be provided if need be. If this is not the correct place to post this type of thing, please tell me so and direct me to where it should go.

This should have probably been posted in Help. Anyway, I know Deaderpool will just send you over to Discord. He doesn't handle anything on his Patreon or Tumblr in terms of support. So don't waste your time. I can't speak for the other mod, because I don't use it.

Does your Sim own a restaurant? I've never seen this in my game. And I'm running the latest MC Command Center too. I know I've seen a glitchy Welcome Wagon interaction pop up since Cats and Dogs that doesn't do anything. That seems to be a Maxis bug, because I've seen it reported on Answers HQ.

I've never owned a restaurant in my game yet though, but maybe someone here has and they can help more. It seems to me you should try and reproduce this on an un-modded save. If you can, then I'd report it over on Answers HQ.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
This should have probably been posted in Help. Anyway, I know Deaderpool will just send you over to Discord. He doesn't handle anything on his Patreon or Tumblr in terms of support. So don't waste your time. I can't speak for the other mod, because I don't use it.

Does your Sim own a restaurant? I've never seen this in my game. And I'm running the latest MC Command Center too. I know I've seen a glitchy Welcome Wagon interaction pop up since Cats and Dogs that doesn't do anything. That seems to be a Maxis bug, because I've seen it reported on Answers HQ.

I've never owned a restaurant in my game yet though, but maybe someone here has and they can help more. It seems to me you should try and reproduce this on an un-modded save. If you can, then I'd report it over on Answers HQ.

My sims does not own a restaurant. I think it may be a Maxis thing as well but I haven't tested with an unmodded save, like you suggested. That may be my next move. Thank you for your insight!
Scholar
#4 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 8:43 PM
My sims does not own a restaurant. I think it may be a Maxis thing as well but I haven't tested with an unmodded save, like you suggested. That may be my next move. Thank you for your insight!

No problem! Let us know how it turns out. There's definitely been a lot of weirdness with interactions and Sims since the Cats and Dogs patch.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 11:04 PM
Here is the screenshot I posted to EA Answers HQ.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 1:20 AM
Here is the link to my post on EA Answer HQ. I believe the issue is a bug in The Sims 4 itself in relation to the Critic career.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...ht/false#M57490
Scholar
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 3:45 AM
Here is the link to my post on EA Answer HQ. I believe the issue is a bug in The Sims 4 itself in relation to the Critic career.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...ht/false#M57490

I saw that. I bet that it's it. I haven't played the Critic career since last year and then it was the branch for art. It's probably an interaction that's not supposed to be for kids and it's gotten botched up by the recent patches.