Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 3:35 AM
Default CAS infinite loading(cc related)
Hi. I've tried looking through many forums for people with the same issue, but I can't seem to find anything. (Also sorry if this is in the wrong category. Wasn't sure if it should go in bug/glitch or cc >_>)
There's certain clothing, and it's ONLY the clothing, that causes my CAS to enter a state of infinite loading. The portrait at the bottom is constantly trying to load, and if it's the CAS from within a household, all the portraits/icons in the game will be blank, despite not affecting gameplay directly.
I don't know what causes this glitch, and I see very few people (if any) report on it.
My PC is fine and can handle the game (1080/i7 8700k/16gb ram), and I have all the DLC along with the game being updated to date.

My question is more of managing the CC that is breaking the CAS. While it's not a mesh that is broken or disfigured, it causes the game to enter that state. My mods folder is thoroughly organized by content, but I still have too much CC for this not to be a lengthy process. I'm loading the game with just the clothes to narrow down the suspects, but you obviously cannot view the file name of your CC from in the game. S4S is EXTREMELY slow, and going through just 10 things takes 5+ minutes. I can't use any tray importer because I cannot save the game with the loading glitch.

Are there any other methods I haven't found yet, or am I locked to using S4S?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 3:48 PM
well you can try the 50/50 method( take half of the CC out of your mod folder and see if the glitch is still there if yes take half of the CC from that half out of the folder....etc.)