Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 8:39 PM Last edited by Moria : 2nd Feb 2011 at 9:34 PM.
Default CAW Criquette's Airport from Sims 2 converted to Sims 3 with Extras
Hello all Me again

In Sims2 there were some wonderful neighbourhood objects created by Criquette. I wanted some of these in my Sims3 world for use in CAW and so converted them with permission from Criquette for myself and others to use.

I fully accept that my airport is very cramped, but my test world is a small world.. in your's just take over most of it for the Airport

These objects are from the Airport package, and the quality of the origional items clearly shows with them being scaled to Sims 3. In addition, I have added some of my own objects and recolours to this set to enhance the origionals.

The sizes have all been scaled to bring them into line with existing Sims3 objects and are as low poly as I can get without loosing detail.

So what do you get in this set...

All objects identified in CAW as Graham_xxxxxxxxxxxx so you can find them easily

From Criquette...

Airport terminal building
Hanger with green door
Cessna Plane

Lear Jet Plane

From me...

Helipad with Yellow markings and red warning safety grills
Helipad with White markings and red warning safety grills
Bell 206 Helicopter in 2 colour schemes (rotor blades seperate to allow different positioning.) (This model by AcharayaD on Turbosquid under Standard Royalty free license, converted to Sims3 format and scaled by me. Black bodywork recolour by me)

Criquette's hanger recoloured with Blue Door
Criquette's hanger recoloured with Red Door
Runway sign with end of taxiway marker
2 overlays for the runway surface with the compass angles on.. 9 and 27

All the runways, I made in CAW using different road surfaces and covered the standing area with a ground texture that matched the sidewalks so the runways looked "stronger" against them and the sidewalks vanished.

The texture paints are from Simsimillian and are here :- http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=392122

The road textures are by Ashillion and are here :-
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=391180

I hope you enjoy these items and they give you some additional objects to play with when building your worlds.

To use in CAW, I use this framework :-

Sims3Wiki CAW framework

USE this CAREFULLY.. this is not a replace but an append in the cfg.. you have been warned.

Don't forget to also add them to your normal package framework for them to show up when you go to play your world.

Regards

Moria

Additional Credits:
Criquette for the origional build and permission to convert, S3OC, S3PE, TSRW for sunshadows and all the members of the CAW forum and MTS for encouragement.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  airport.rar (3.43 MB, 12453 downloads) - View custom content
Description: criquette airport set plus
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 10:57 PM
Wow, and you did some helicopters too! Great work Graham, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 10:56 PM
This is just too great!!! I was gong to make an airport and needed some ojbects, wow can't wait to downlaod.
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 11:57 PM
I'm doing a Vietnam war thing in my game. Is there a file for just the helicopter?
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 6:46 AM
Can those items be used in game or only when you build world
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 6:58 PM
These are restricted to building a world objects. The issue to date has been some reports on this forum and others that if you start plonking big things down in a world that's already running, it seems like it might be having an effect on the pre-calculated routing as the game starts to try and regen the routing data causing slowdowns and jerky play.

Howeverrrrrrr theres definately a few items in this set and the others that could, perhaps, be suitable for usage in game as building and deco objects and some other stuff I am doing that would certainly be suitable as ingame items as well, so don't give up hope, likely there will be a set converted for ingame use in the not too distant future, although our defenitions of not to distant may be different

I'll try to not let it be too long, but there is some stuff I have to do first.

(Or someone could take the items and change them if they see fit) All items have had a correct bounding box and footprint added to them, so it could just be as simple as resetting the availability bits in the defenition.

Regards

Graham
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 7:00 PM
Sherid inside the zip you will find Graham_Helicopter_Body1, Graham_Helicopter_Body2 and Graham_Helicopter_Blade1 (think thats the right names.. if thats all you want, just install those.. each item in the zip is a seperate package.

Regards

Graham
Field Researcher
#8 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 4:57 PM
Default thanks
thanks
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 4:22 PM
amazing stuff moria, definately something that caw creators needed....hope to see more objects coming (maybe some urban stuff would help alot for my NY world)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 2:21 PM
Can you use them in edit-a-world ingame?
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 3:25 AM
Thank you so much! Ive been looking for something like this for ages!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 11:44 AM
Thank you! Have now installed it in my game!

Any possibility of converting Criquette's runway and taxiing area? Maybe a shorter taxiing area version?

Cheers.
Theorist
#13 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yampkin
Can those items be used in game or only when you build world

I just made them available in game (hood deco) by opening them in S3PE and enabling them under build > landmarks.
Also works with the ferry set.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 8:01 AM
Default awesome . . . to the MAX!
Fabulous, just fabulous. Thank you so much. I'm hoping to make a tiny airport with one runway and a couple of Cessnas on my island. You rule.
Test Subject
#15 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 9:39 AM
I love you, Moria, and wish to bear your children.
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 7:47 AM
I've been scouring the web for a descent Airport Object set for a year now. Only just discovered this, but very glad I did! Finally someone who actually knows what the numbers on the runway are suppose to be/mean. I kept seeing other models where people just put random two-digit numbers down there without bothering to figure out why they are there. Thus the realism is completely destroyed.

I also love the variety of aircraft models available. I was trying to figure out how one might try to import an aircraft model from something like FSX in order to get the aircraft objects i was looking for. But you totally solved it! Now i can actually build a proper looking Regional Airport into the world I'm building! Thank you!