Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 11:09 PM
Default A way to get low security?
I've been trying to find a way to get low security to no avail. I managed to accidentally get low security once but I can't seem to repeat the process.

So, does anyone know how to lower it? I'd really like the town to be overrun by bandits for some reason. ^_^

I know there are certain quests that will lower your security to raise other parameters, but I'm hoping there's an easier way.
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 11:17 PM
Don't place the knight's and the spy's quarters, don't place the lighthouse, and never take on a quest that raises security?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 11:25 PM
Well, placing buildings doesn't actually raise your parameters. They only increase your capacity for that parameter. A fresh kingdom with no buildings can only have up to 2 bars on any of the parameters, placing more buildings lets you raise them further.

Also a fresh kingdom has neutral parameters, not low. Although... I suppose if I make a fresh kingdom and do quests to lower security that might work. I'll try that out.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 11:30 PM
It's all about raising renown without taking quests that offer security. Quests like Wedding and Lost Child are good to start on (though I guess Wedding needs at least two non-monarch heroes). Also note that a random event when going to the village involves being able to give a beggar 10 simoles, and sometimes if you do it raises your kingdom's renown by 10.

Basically, avoid quests that reward security, but raise renown other ways.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 12:25 AM
Well, nothing I try seems to work. I can't get it to go below neutral. Raising renown helped but it still won't go below neutral for some reason. =(
Field Researcher
#6 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ansalem
Well, nothing I try seems to work. I can't get it to go below neutral. Raising renown helped but it still won't go below neutral for some reason. =(

I was going for an achievement of a powerful wizard with low knowledge.

The starting question (free monarch gear and easy plat) gave 1 knowledge I think. Not a great start.

But then I just worked on other kingdom attributes (security, well-being and culture) and they eventually far outpaced it, and eventually it was considered low compared to the others and I got the achievement. And I think at that time I was 3 in knowledge, just the others were close to full.

So if you want low security just raise everything else.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 7:22 PM
Hmm. Yeah, that makes sense. I was wondering why my Knowledge was considered "high" when it was only at 1 bar. I'll give that a shot then. ^_^