Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#701 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 12:43 PM
yeah hi, mod looks great but for some reason everytime i run the game after placing the mod in the folder, the loading screen doesn't load and no music plays. Can someone help me because I would really like this to work?
Advertisement
Scholar
#702 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 4:23 PM
Do you have the d3dx9_31.dll file.

You can get it here if you don't: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...t=438344&page=1

Instructions on where to install it are in step 6, just above the download.
Test Subject
#703 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 2:51 PM
Hi, I have the same problem as Ic123, but I already installed the d3dx9_31.dll file in the right folder. My version of the game is 2.0.113.00001

Thanks for helping and this mod.
Test Subject
#704 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 5:05 PM
I absolutely love this mod, but I've encountered a bit of a problem. After downloading it and getting it to work, I exited my game and everything went fine. When I entered the game again, however, my kingdom was gone (as in, the only thing I could see was New Game). I have my save file in another location, but it isn't registering on the game. When I tried to copy my saves file from the external location, nothing happened. Is there any way I can solve this?
Lab Assistant
#705 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 11:54 PM
I doubt that anyone still checks this thread, but were there any maternity clothes made for male sims or are we stuck with flat-bellied males?
Test Subject
#706 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emily_HH_19
I doubt that anyone still checks this thread, but were there any maternity clothes made for male sims or are we stuck with flat-bellied males?

I thought the file with male clothing in the first post was good ? I didn't play for quite some time now, maybe my memory isn't that great.. Pregnant male sims don't have a belly growth with it ?
Lab Assistant
#707 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anwnn
I thought the file with male clothing in the first post was good ? I didn't play for quite some time now, maybe my memory isn't that great.. Pregnant male sims don't have a belly growth with it ?

No, I have all the content from the first post, and my pregnant male sims have clothes but don't ever 'show'.
Test Subject
#708 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emily_HH_19
No, I have all the content from the first post, and my pregnant male sims have clothes but don't ever 'show'.

Hm.. Indeed, I searched a bit and found this on another grimreefer's post ( Medieval Same Sex Pregnancy & Wish For Child (Male Maternity Clothing) )

"Added a package which will give males bodies during pregnancy. They will not show pregnancy, but they at least they now have bodies."

So my memory tricked me I guess !

I tried to find clothes that could actually .. "grow" during the pregnancy, but found nothing :/

I don't know if it's even possible in this game ? I guess it would take quite a lot of modding skills since there's no male pregnancy unlike in sims 3.

I'll keep looking for some, though, and if I ever find something, I'll link it here.
Test Subject
#709 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 2:54 PM
Hello,

is there a possibility to have only the mods about "sleeping nacked", please? And will this mod(s) than work with other mods?

I have a lot of Shmirod's wonderful mods and don't want to miss them. But I'm very, very unhappy with the "sleeping clothes".

THANKS and Greetings
Instructor
#710 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 1:11 AM
Hopefully someone still checks this thread...
I downloaded d3dx9_31.dll file, put it in the Game/Bin
I have the cfg. file,
I have the download not the disc version
and now grim core wont even load.... the intro starts and then the empty loading screen

why is this happening

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Test Subject
#711 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 4:44 PM
I am also having this problem.
Test Subject
#712 Old 28th May 2017 at 12:48 PM
Default Build mode in TSM?
Okay so, i know this is an old thread but i'm just wondering if anyone knows how to access the build mode in The sims medieval because it's bugging the hell outta me, these is a hidden build mode or something of the sorts, right?
Mad Poster
#713 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 6:45 AM Last edited by marka93 : 28th Jun 2017 at 2:48 PM.
This mod works as it should with the new update from Origin as long as you follow all the steps on how to get mods to work.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
#714 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 11:26 PM
Hi so I am new to trying to mod sims medieval. Can someone take a snapshot of the files, where they need to be in the files, and tell me how can I know if they are working
Test Subject
#715 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 12:28 AM
Also I am on Origin so how does that affect the modding process
Lab Assistant
#716 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 3:40 AM
Hay, I'm wondering if someone can help me. My game is fully patched without P&N installed. I am using V 2.013.002 of this mod.
The problem I am having is that my heroes are now longer able to get pregnant and send their older children away once the household limit has been reached although they where able to before I installed the mod.
My unmarried monarch has born four children by the master builder and wants to have more but sadly can't seem to conceive either by woohoo or by making a wish. I did read that some others have experienced this but not seen any solutions. Is this a bug in the mod or in intended feature? Is there away around it?
Lab Assistant
#717 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 6:32 PM
By default, none of the mod's options will be enabled, which have the unfortunate side effect of also disabling pregnancy by default. So go to the last tab in your options menu and enable the Male / Female Pregnancy option.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#718 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 11:19 PM
Thanks for the reply, DeeDawg. Rereading my post I realize I was not as clear as I should have been. My problem is not that my sims can't get pregnant at all. The first thing I did when installing the mod was to enable all the mod options I wanted, the pregnancy ones included.The problem is once they have the maximum number of children in the household they are not able to get pregnant anymore despite the fact that is possible in the vanilla game.
Example, After installing the mod my unmarred male monarch conceived four children via male/male woohoo. After the fourth was born he could no longer become pregnant.
Lab Assistant
#719 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 2:30 AM
Ah, well that's something else. I actually thought the game enforced this rule, but as you said, it would seem to not be the case. At least not anymore. However, Grim's code still contains the following condition:
Code:
	if (woman.Household.NumMembersCountingPregnancy >= woman.LotHome.MaxHouseholdMembers)
	{
		return false;
	}

So yes, apparently it is intended behavior. Sorry.

I could likely patch it though, but I was working on my own Core mod (yes, yet another unfinished project, I know), which started out as extensions I wrote to Grim's Core for personal use. It features everything in Grim's Core, although with some simplification especially with the pregnancy options, and then some. Like but not limited to:
- Extended throne succession
- Naked treatment
- Naked death sentence
- Near relation romance
- Jus Primae Noctis

I would love to finish that one, if only I could find the time. Not sure it's the smartest idea to let anyone know about it, but what the hell - let the nagging begin haha.
Lab Assistant
#720 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 4:02 PM Last edited by keyqueen : 29th Oct 2017 at 4:15 PM.
Thanks DeeDawng. I'm am glad to know that someone is still working on modding this game, I feel that it is sorely underrated. I promise not to nag you to finish your mod but do look forward to see it done. In the mean time since Grim said it is safe to remove the core without messing up saved games I can deal with that as a work around.
As an aside, I do think up to a point the game did strictly enforce the household limit until a patch added the function to send children away once one more then the limit had been born. That's really what I 'm missing as I had heard that children who have been sent away can send home items that can't be gotten any other way.
Thanks for taking the time to help me out with this. (grumble) Now to eradicate the blue eyed plague that has suddenly infected the kingdom of Starwatch. (grumble)
Scholar
#721 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 5:51 PM
I was working on a mod that added more gossip text to the game (because 30 repeated by every sim in the kingdom is not nearly enough). It worked according to what traits the gossiper has so it wasn't repeated by every single sim.
Grim made a version of his core that would work with that mod, because it had problems like discovering traits of another sim backwards, not allowing for more to be added and in the way I wanted. He said at the time that since it would have to be uploaded anyway if I finished my mod, in the event, he wasn't around anymore, I was free to do what I wanted with it. It includes a fix for your birth problem.
It was in 2013 so I honestly don't recall what else was included / fixed / updated whatever. I do recall the birth problem because I'd spotted it at the time and mentioned it to him. I can upload it if you'd like. It shouldn't interfere with the games gossip system on it's own, since he made a free core for that as well to accompany it. I haven't ever run it by itself though. I can package it up if you want to try it out. You can always test it in a fresh kingdom if you're unsure.
Oh also just remembered, the core was never updated beyond the initial tests, and since Grim wanted gossip surrounding who was drunk he added a test for that and one for fishing. The tests haven't ever been removed. Because of these 2 tests your game will pause and pop up a message to tell you someone is drunk (the fishing one doesn't do much since currently it's only your own active sims that can fish) BUT again I can't recall if this is part of Grims main core or the free gossip core.

And now a question for Deedawg....if you were to go ahead and make your own core, would you also consider adding the parts I would need for the gossip? I haven't finished it yet (I ran out of ideas for entries, some of the traits are hard) but never say never, and I still play with it in, because the original gossip becomes dull after a while. I can send you the free core and the gossip mod if you'd need them to incorporate it (and also Grim's main core if no-one wants it).

Also, if anyone wants to help fill in the blanks for the gossip mod so I can finally finish it (assuming I can remember how, (it's been a long time)) I'll make a new thread for suggestions and finally upload it when it's complete. Let me know here if you'd be interested, since I don't really want to make a new thread that just stays empty.
Lab Assistant
#722 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 10:23 PM Last edited by keyqueen : 29th Oct 2017 at 10:44 PM.
ChickieTeeta, If is not to much trouble to upload it I would very much like to try out the version of Grim's core that you mentioned. Also I really like your idea for adding more gossip to the game. If you do decide to open a tread for ideas I would love to contribute if I come up with any.

So I do have another question which is loosely related to Grim's core. I would like to try and create pregmorphs for the male clothing. However I assume it would not be possible for me to run S3PE as I do not have the sims 3 installed, correct?
Lab Assistant
#723 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 10:59 PM
Nope, S3PE is not depending on The Sims 3 to be installed. It just contains the logic for reading/writing the data formats used within the package format that's shared between TS3 and TSM. Some things are different however, but checkout the sticky in this section by Grim, which contains custom TSM format wrappers for S3PE.

@ChickieTeeta: Sure, if I get back to work on it, we can likely work something out.
Lab Assistant
#724 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 11:58 AM
Thanks, that's great to know. Looks like I have something to work on over the holadays.
Scholar
#725 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 8:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by keyqueen
ChickieTeeta, If is not to much trouble to upload it I would very much like to try out the version of Grim's core that you mentioned. Also I really like your idea for adding more gossip to the game. If you do decide to open a tread for ideas I would love to contribute if I come up with any.

So I do have another question which is loosely related to Grim's core. I would like to try and create pregmorphs for the male clothing. However I assume it would not be possible for me to run S3PE as I do not have the sims 3 installed, correct?

Hi KeyQueen, I've tried to send you a pm but whenever I click to send you a message it just tells me I'm not logged in. If you don't mind I'd rather mail you the core, so you can check a couple of things with it freestanding. I can also send you what I have just now of the gossip mod, and that way you can see what you'd want to add and how it's working so you're not batting in the dark when it comes to suggestions...if you still think you might want to help, of course. If you could send me a pm to let me know if that's ok or not, and an addy to send the core to (and the gossip core if you want it). They both work together so you can have both installed or just the main core on it's own.
Page 29 of 31