Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 3:05 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 17th Jul 2013 at 2:50 AM.
Default Recipes/Harvesting Updated July 5th
Version 3

I think I forgot to update the change log in the rar, it's all below, I'll try and remember to add it to the rar as well next time.
*edit* Also, I'll add an 'uninstall guide' text document to the rar as well.

Added to Belladonna Spawner (You can get the buyable Belladonna Spawner in the Forsaken Mods thread. Catalog price is 80 simoleans)
Wild Pears

Added to oven
Apple Tart (thank you to www.greneboke.com )

Added to Fireplace
Chardewardon (thank you to Daniel at recipes.medievalcookery.com

Added to Crafting Tables
Wild Hibernation potion for Wizards, Doctors and Spies.
Will knock a sim out for UP TO 18 hours max
Can be added to drinks for a sleeping beauty effect or just for kicks :P
Can also be drunk straight from the bottle although it won't be as tasty.
Can be sold by and bought from your herbing crafters.
Cures certain diseases including Magma Fever, Noxious Infection, The Gorge, Workers Bane, Van Winklism

Also
Removed pluralized ending from harvestables as requested by Forum Zombie

Increased price of Doomsword Hilt and Doomsword Blade (for the same reasons Arcane Edge costs a lot)
Each part costs around 2800 (so 5600 if you buy both parts)

Fixed missing description on Parsnip

Added all language stbls (something I normally forget to do)

To uninstall
It's best to store all new ingredients in a larder, that way if you remove the mod all you have to do is delete and replace any larders holding new items.
If you keep the items on a sim and the mod itself is removed, all carrying sims inventories will break, you'd have to manually sell everything before mod removal, which is why I suggest using the larder, the larders can be sold with or without the mod in place, so if you miss one and discover it later, there'll be no harm done.
An existing item removed from the mod will cause the same problems, I'd give you notice of any changes to existing items though, so you could sell just that instead of having to lose everything.
The only one that can't be stored is the broth, which is used in other recipes, I had to make it not touchable to stop them manually drinking it when they were hungry, it can't be dragged to the sell box either though, but a trip to the village shop will allow you to sell the broth if you want to remove the mod.

Older updates
When I started dabbling with this mod at the start, I used Shimrod's village shop xml as a base since I was using that mod at the time and didn't want to uninstall it, mainly because I didn't know if this was ever going to come to anything or just something I'd keep for myself, or give up on and remove, when I uploaded the alpha version I forgot I was using it. It dawned on me last night when I edited a post to say something about mods that will conflict. So with Alpha V2 I've started the shop over with a fresh xml, which is the main reason for the quick update.

Set market stall to generate 24 different items per day (twice the count allowed unmodded) I may change this.

I've also added arcane edge to the shop and market, it will cost quite a bit to buy though, so kaching is your friend if you really want it and don't mind cheating to get it.
For those who just can't find Arcane Edge through normal means and would feel bad taking the short cut to just buy it, I've made it cost around 6000 to get, so at least there's still some kind of trade off for you.

Added 'Apple Muse' recipe to the cauldrons. Thank you again to Daniel Myers of recipes.medievalcookery.com for the recipe.

*edit*
Due to a problem with the ingredient list not displaying fully if you play at 1600x900 resolution, I've added a version with a shortened 'method' text. This removes the Olde English text from the recipes.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken_HarvestRecipesMod_Moraelin_FastCookLongSpoilAlphaV2.rar (96.9 KB, 625 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Forsaken_RecipeHarvest_Moraelin_FastCookLongSpoil(ShorterText).rar (92.1 KB, 160 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Forsaken_RecipeHarvest_Moraelin_FastCookLongSpoil(ShorterTextAllStrings).rar (96.4 KB, 403 downloads) - View custom content
Description: NEWEST VERSION
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 3:09 PM
New Recipes

I have a recipe for fish & chips (fries), only I used wildflowers since salad is not really an option (I know there's a recipe for salad, but I think that would be overkill on an ingredient list to have to acquire everything for that as well).

Since all the heroes can harvest wildflowers it would be really nice for them to finally have a use for them by way of cooking.
The problem with using wildflowers is that it requires the herb spawner xml to be modded to make them work on the cooking stations.
I've done that and it works great BUT I know there are mods that reduce spawn times on the plant, and this would conflict with those.
I know Sim Recruit had one, but I think it may have been out of date.
And Zirrush had one, but it's bundled in a package with a load of other xmls, some of which didn't work properly (the spawners did though)

Does anybody use a reduced spawn mod for the plants?
If so, which one?
I'm going to hang on to this mod just now, till I know what I'm doing with the spawner xml.

Fish & Chips (showing the ingredient list for the multiple serving version)

Glazed Pork
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 3:12 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 12th Jun 2013 at 7:11 PM.
New Ingredients

New Ingredients....going to try and get better icons to match them with, they're just stand-ins while I checked they would actually show up.
I quite like the butter in the little box and might leave this thumb alone.
Think pasta might suit the pouch like the spices or using the seeds thumb,
and milk I grant you, looks nothing like honey lol maybe one of the blessed well water thumbs would be closer, unless anyone has a better idea?

Wherever it says Port Dunedin in my caps, it will display your kingdom's name in your game.

Also the pasta description won't be staying like that, I had to write something to see if it showed up. I hope no Italian people take offense in the meantime

Like the new recipes though, these new ingredients use previously modded xmls.
The spawnables xml has been used by Frappaccino, and the Shopping xml has been used by both Frappaccino and Shimrod.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 3:15 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 12th Jun 2013 at 7:13 PM.
Default New Smithing Recipes
Legendary Stats(8 Attack, 1 Weight unsharpened and 9 Attack, 1 Weight when sharpened)
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 7:49 PM
Okay, you're still crazy awesome clever =)
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 12:52 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 12th Jun 2013 at 7:13 PM.
Thank you ForumZombie, although if you could see how many really simple mistakes I've made along the way you wouldn't have said that :P

New Recipe Books
I've locked the cake recipe and now you have to read a book to learn it.
(and when I first tried to see if it would work the way I figured it could be done, the book didn't show in the shop, I was truly baffled, but when I checked the xml it turned out I'd accidentally enclosed the new entries within the tags for another book, so I put that right, re-made the package, and it still wouldn't show up. As I was thinking of what would be best to try next, I remembered that I hadn't actually installed the fixed version.....see what I mean lol crazy clever )
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 5:50 AM
The recipe mod works great in newly made kingdoms, exactly as intended.

New locks added and old locks removed, don't work in older kingdoms.

It's not actually a problem since new recipes will all show up on the cooking stations and work properly, it's just that they were meant to be unavailable till you read the related recipe book, (so the new recipe books will be useless in old kingdoms.) and some of the single serve versions of the new recipes were meant to be perma-locked and never seen, but this isn't a huge deal either.
Unfortunately removing a lock from an item will just be ignored in an old kingdom as well, so the Gastrobury recipes still won't show up in kingdoms that were saved prior to this mod being installed.

I've ruled out things like older related mods being a problem or dodgy mods having permanently altered something.
I've gone back to a kingdom that was last saved prior to any mods being installed in my game at all, and the new locks/unlocks don't work there either.
I have a kingdom I've saved once and all I've done in it is add a monarch and pick a quest, I've done nothing else there, newly edited locks don't work in it either.
I've also tried a clean save, where I've removed mods saved a kingdom, re-installed the recipe mod, and the newly added or removed locks still don't work.

From these tests, I can only presume that somewhere in one of the kingdom files is something that references locks, and any locks that are added or removed after a kingdom has been saved for the first time will just be completely ignored.
It would make sense for achievement/quest tracking/unlocking recipes and territories etc. The game has to keep track somehow, so it becomes unchangeable through xmls once you've saved a kingdom, since it doesn't re-check everything once it's initially saved all the info that was available to it at the time. (I'm guessing this helps cut down load times etc as well)

Everything works as intended in kingdoms that are made after the mod is installed, since whatever's in the kingdom files takes the modded xml into consideration when it's logging all the items etc available for you to 'unlock' and acquire.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 8:05 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 12th Jun 2013 at 7:16 PM.
Cake recipe, and cheesy pasta recipe.
Pasta was around in medieval Europe, so it is a viable recipe...more viable than anything that includes potatoes, which came to Europe from the Americas.

People I know like cheesy pasta all different ways... some like mustard added, some like pepper or paprika or nutmeg, so I added a spice bag to the recipe, that way you can decide for yourself what's in it.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#9 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 12:29 AM
Don't mean to sound rude but... unless they come with actual unique models they really just make TSM feel even more like a budget game Sorry.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JackieSmith
Don't mean to sound rude but... unless they come with actual unique models they really just make TSM feel even more like a budget game Sorry.

Short rant to follow... Actually it was a bit rude. So unless you can do as well or better than the modders that we have, leave them alone. Without them this game wasn't worth the over $100 bucks that quite a few of us put into it. They keep it fresh for the people who love the premise and play even though the game was a letdown in so many ways. Chickie is one of the best and one of the most consistent. Do not discourage them; sorry notwithstanding. End of rant, thought, and my part in the conversation.

I like playing The Sims. I don't like to be played like a Sim.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 1:11 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 14th Apr 2013 at 1:49 AM.
Already tried that, and it's not possible, at least I can't get it to work.
I had hoped to at least clone and have food individually textured, I'm still sure there's a way to do that though, I think the main problem is in the medator name, since I can't find a way to get it to recognize the clone as valid....I'm also fairly sure that access to the scripted parts would be required to get a cloned food item to work properly, maybe not, if there's a key that works for the medator name I wasn't able to find it. I started off the same as I did with the painting clone and eventually, bit by bit, hex edited the hell out of everything associated with the clone, same result every time though.

This is what I get

And this is inside the box

Thanks for your opinion.
Screenshots
Instructor
#12 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 5:00 AM
Cloning an object covers a lot of areas. Just now, with all the things I've figured out, do "I" think "I" might be able to clone an object, in hex with other tools. This is from someone experienced with meshes, scripts, and even to some part animations. Objects are tough. I want to give them to you, as in a way you can clone and mod them, but it will take some time. As always, if someone thinks they want to do this, and have the time, I'm pleased to help them.

Also Chickie, I'm sorry I haven't got you that core yet. I seem to have introduced an error in other things I've been messing with, and I've not yet got it ironed out. I could give you the free core, but I'd like to offer my corresponding core at the same time, plus I'd like you to review it beforehand. I'll do my best to get it to you this weekend.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 5:02 AM
Harvesting potatoes from plant spawners
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
Cloning an object covers a lot of areas. Just now, with all the things I've figured out, do "I" think "I" might be able to clone an object, in hex with other tools. This is from someone experienced with meshes, scripts, and even to some part animations. Objects are tough. I want to give them to you, as in a way you can clone and mod them, but it will take some time. As always, if someone thinks they want to do this, and have the time, I'm pleased to help them.

Also Chickie, I'm sorry I haven't got you that core yet. I seem to have introduced an error in other things I've been messing with, and I've not yet got it ironed out. I could give you the free core, but I'd like to offer my corresponding core at the same time, plus I'd like you to review it beforehand. I'll do my best to get it to you this weekend.

Leaving the mesh aside, because really I just want the textures to be unique....
Doing it the same way I did the painting works, mesh and all, but unlike the painting, the food needs a medator name to point to it to make it show as unique for a recipe. As it is just now, it just replaces the one already there, but there's no way to point a specific recipe to it, and have the rest use another version, which is why I think it just needs the medator name key, what I don't know is if there is a key for that, or if that's all handled else where?
I only overdid the package after I got mine to show up, but it replaces what's there, everything in my package has new unique ID's but the item itself won't be unique without being able to attach that name to it.
The grey box is the same problem that came about when I used the medator name I wanted to use and the mesh disappears. Everything else about it from the cooking to the animations to taking a serving etc all work it's just the mesh for the bread that won't show because there's nothing at the moment to point to it.
I don't know if there is a key for that and every guess I've made at it hasn't worked, failing that I think it might require a script to make it show as unique.
I have another idea to try but this is the last day of my holiday, so it might have to wait.

Hope you can get your core fixed

Butter icon Updated
Attached Images

Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 12:39 AM
Here's my new format for recipes...actual recipes, seemed the most useful thing to do with the descriptions. The website mentioned has loads of medieval recipes some sound really nice and do-able. Tried out this one to see how it looked with the full recipe in game.

For this recipe I've added onions to the herb spawners (also added leeks, apples and potatoes previously) and wine and beef to the shop. I tried to get it to use the pitcher from the cask, since I like the idea of gatherable ingredients, but although it recognizes the actual item it won't add it to the inventory count, making it unusable
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th May 2013 at 7:56 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 22nd May 2013 at 2:28 AM.
Default ......lol
Just out of curiosity, I tried this.....

I did expect it to have problems, but the problems with it are small and easily worked around.
It appears from the oven as it should, you can see the serving tray is still there under the basket. That tray is very important. (I'll explain in the next post). The basket is a little large and goes slightly in to his chest.

The item is carried properly and served to the table properly and the description appears just fine as it should.

And, the option menu for it also appears just fine, as it should (don't know if you can make out the steam coming off these in the last 2 pics)
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th May 2013 at 7:56 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 22nd May 2013 at 2:03 AM. Reason: spelling&punctuation
Continued from previous post.....

Concerning the strike-throughs. The problem seems to be gone with the basket of oranges. The object is now welded to the serving tray and functions as it should and is moveable in one piece.

This is where the slight problem comes in. The sim needs to access the tray to get at the single serving. To make this work so it's edible, you have to go in to buy mode and move the basket off the tray. The object becomes un-moveable after you exit buy mode, so you have to make sure you place it where you want it. It's not eternal though, it DOES disappear when the tray is 'cleaned up' but because it's in 2 parts, it can't be placed in to the inventory

Holding the single serve he just took

Eating the single serve portion, the animation for this is fine as well, and the apple disappears when he's done just like it's a normal food item

The only other problem is the hand comes up a little high through the plate because he holds the bottom of the object rather than the bottom of the plate, but that's just an aesthetic problem.

So aside from having to move the group serve object off the plate this all works perfectly.
Another solution to that problem would just be to have the group serve be one of the standard group serve plates/bowls and the single portion taken from it be different, this way nothing would have to be moved around. I don't know how it would work from inventory though if the single portion were an object, but I'll check that out.
Almost any object item would be usable, although a lot of them, as you can see, are quite large.

*EDIT* The group serve object is placeable in inventory, and it works perfectly from there.
Screenshots
Instructor
#18 Old 12th May 2013 at 3:45 AM
I would never say no to Soilent Green. . or an edible head. . .I'm in a people kind of mood :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th May 2013 at 12:39 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 22nd May 2013 at 2:29 AM.
@DarthKitsune: ROFL........When I first saw you were back on the forum my initial reaction was to squeal and hug you, but it's been a few days now, so I'll just say welcome back, great to see you're around again =D
Orange basket works as a group serve with no problems now

Object Group Serve works fine as long as the tray isn't obscured. You don't even have to click on the tray, (which given it's problem with the orange basket I thought you'd have to), you can click on the object itself and it still works.

Single Serve: this is using the inventory onion object, but it still has the aesthetic problem of holding the actual object rather than the bottom of the plate.
The last test I did with the orange basket working, the single serve plate is being held correctly instead of the object being held. Not sure why, since I'm fairly sure I haven't altered this, so I've still to check that out more. The problem was just an aesthetic one, but would still be nice if it was able to be held right all the time.
Screenshots
Instructor
#20 Old 12th May 2013 at 2:03 PM
Hug away! *Hugs*
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 19th May 2013 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarthKitsune
Hug away! *Hugs*

Aw, I missed this when you posted it, ((((hugs)))) to you to.
Instructor
#22 Old 19th May 2013 at 9:29 PM
haha, time for a good old fashion group hug-a-thon.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 20th May 2013 at 12:30 AM
That is a big apple...
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 20th May 2013 at 1:04 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 22nd May 2013 at 2:30 AM.
Lol I know, it's the inventory apple, which is also the same one used in buy mode, the golden divine apple or something.
Most of the inventory items are over sized.
I just used it to test if the group serve was workable if the tray wasn't obscured, since I knew the size and the medator name for it without having to double check.
I really wanted to be able to use the buy mode boars head and turkey etc on the platters as group serves, but I think they'd obscure the tray as well, I haven't checked yet though.

*edit* lol, if you thought the apple was big, look at the size of the village shop cheese. (that's my teeny tiny little sim's leg behind it)
There isn't much that's usable, a lot of the items are abnormally large, but even though this obscured the group serve tray, it was still clickable without having to move it off the tray first, so hopefully the boars head and other platters will be usable after all.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 22nd May 2013 at 12:00 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 22nd May 2013 at 2:31 AM.
Harvestables.
I've removed potatoes and apples from the spawner.

*edit* also removed onions

Leeks, garlic, parsnips and figs. (There's also recipes for them to be used in.)
Screenshots
Page 1 of 4