Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2013 at 4:02 AM
Default Origin or Steam? Or both?
We all know EA has some massive infactuation over their terrible client, origin. However, sadly for them, the true PC gamers are all on Steam.

Some of the sims 3 titles are on steam, but dont have steam support.
Id love to see a steam version of the game with full steam achievement support and online interaction support.

How about you?

PS. the reason i despise origin was, my account was stolen and it contained all my registered games and EA refused to help because i could not name a few more serial keys to verify! (Cmon, give me credit, those games they asked for the keys were digital and no longer on my PC.). Thanks to EAs lack of support for that issue, i lost a total of around $200 in games, and ea can care less.)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th May 2013 at 4:31 AM
I'm buying the box.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 9th May 2013 at 4:44 AM
Steam isn't much better than Origin, but at least Valve has dignity. I still prefer Steam over Origin, despite the info tracking. I'm okay with data tracking if it means I get a bunch of games for chicken feed.

That being said, neither. I might find a torrent for it a few months after the reviews come in, but I probably won't buy it.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th May 2013 at 4:48 AM
I have a Mac, so I'm wary of downloadable online games until there's more support for Mac games overall (which doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon). Not that Steam has Sims 3 for the Mac... anyway, I much prefer boxed games. I'm just happy at least I can play The Sims on a Mac!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th May 2013 at 5:13 AM
i don't like steam.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th May 2013 at 5:27 AM
I am not a fan of Steam after I wasn't able to install my Physical CD version of World Adventures on top of my Steam Version of the Sims 3 base game (I kept getting a error message that I didn't have a base game installed, long story as to why I had to in the first place).
Instructor
#7 Old 9th May 2013 at 5:34 AM
After the issues I had with a computer crash and download limits, I think if I get this game it's going to be box/CD/DVD for me.

Digital distribution is a fine idea on the game side, now we just need to get the internet providers online with the idea.
Scholar
#8 Old 9th May 2013 at 5:44 AM
For digital download I would prefer Steam. I think you would get better deals from time to time. But I doubt that EA will let Steam sell TS4. So I probably will get the boxes if I decide to buy TS4.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th May 2013 at 8:21 AM
I've never used Steam, but I'm not particularly fond of Origin either. I bought the Seasons EP in Feb and I had such a hard time installing it and the customer service was no help at all. Despite this I bought UL and again I had trouble installing it until I downloaded a third party fix which is so utterly ridiculous to me.

But I will say that I like that I have digital copies of my physicals on Origin. I like that little feature.
Alchemist
#10 Old 9th May 2013 at 3:17 PM
I prefer neither. I have a few Steam games, but they were seriously on sale(GTA: Vice City $2.99, etc) so it's no big deal if I lose them at some point. No way I'd ever buy a digital version of the Sims, be it Origin or Steam
Mad Poster
#11 Old 9th May 2013 at 3:56 PM
i thought only companies like volition used steam. i had no idea about the sims and gta being on there.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th May 2013 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeadMetalSimmer
I'm buying the box.

That doesn't matter. I mean what network would you prefer it to be on?

TS3 has origin connectivity only. But all the true PC gamers are on steam. Steam is massive.
You could compare steam to a giant kingdom, while comparing origin to a small cave, while the cave is being held up by a small loose pole.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 9th May 2013 at 4:38 PM
If I HAVE to download digitally, and I'm so crazy over Sims 4 that I'm foaming at the mouth to get it, I would prefer Steam. Their customer service is a whole lot better. My husband had a problem downloading a game or two, and they helped him right away. My history with EA's customer service has not been great.

I have no idea why EA is so hooked on Origin.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Alchemist
#14 Old 9th May 2013 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
i thought only companies like volition used steam. i had no idea about the sims and gta being on there.

All the game publishers pretty much release their games to Steam. Almost any game out there you can get on Steam
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 10th May 2013 at 1:40 AM
I could give two shits, really, but the Origin launcher has to be improved. It takes forever to load and installing is just atrocious - plus, I can't "organize" my CC at all, it's in no discernible order. It takes forever to scroll through the whole list and select the new CC to be installed.

The Indiesine Legacy : featuring helpful tips, the best free CC, and elvish warrior princesses.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th May 2013 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear

Look on steam. There is over 10000 games, and over a million active users. Compared to petty origin, which has around 150 games and around 10000 active users.