Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#8626 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
There you have it folks. Once again we can see where EA's priorities are.

The trademark over hotels would been a much valuae If they expanded on the new npc animal with amusement dolphin shows and/or training facility. What they choose isn't that important as it's not the end of the world; However, it's how they just give the empty barrel without giving work and more imagination on how it could be expanded. Like trace every cool thing they implemented (cleaning oceans, vet, hospital), but how horribly or very little they executed on it. What do you get? People complaining of "why is X over y that was from The Sims #", which we shouldn't because TS4 is the newest and latest installment. It's like the game doesn't have an identity: It isn't trying to be at least inventive (to how our expectations instead "but we have this appearance-based concept?" is what I mean) nor properly reoccuring content from previous game entries. TS4 is a failure for player experiment, plain and simple.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#8627 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 1:41 PM
I'll put it this way, since you expanded on my point nicely. The fact the EA decides to add a dolphin isn't what is so telling in my eyes, but that they felt the need to add THREE different types of the same animal and 7-9 different interactions for just the dolphin alone. I don't know how anyone can possibly spin that one around, that's misplaced priorities through and through. This game needs so much else, and they're instead focusing their efforts towards making everything a one trick pony. Think diving, why is there any reason to do it again after the first time if it's rabbit hole based? Just, ugh.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#8628 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 2:03 PM
Oh I agree on that. Another issue, or overlapping one, they just don't know where (or prefer saying, how much o spent their time and resource in careful planning. Maybe that's the problem? They don't overthink... perhaps it's lack of estimate of how much can they juice out an idea, with this case being perhaps unfinished dolphin types in theory from practice. Like, they run of the thing that allowed them to continue and complete the dolphins in a way they envision.

That or they're are... not brilliant (to put it nicely). We'll see, if there any left (half-arse) bits of code remaining to prove the formal possibility.

Instructor
#8629 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 3:59 PM
My disappointment when I check reddit to see if there's new leaks of info or anything else interesting and instead I just find people who can't figure out the rainbow pre-dates the pride flag and somehow think this was all planned as a loveletter to LGBT.

We should have more info within the day though since it's the day the embargo is lifted on info from Gamechangers. That guy that does the bugfixing for them on the officials usually has solid info.
Forum Resident
#8630 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 4:05 PM
Can't wait. I'm sure EA has plenty more surprises.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Test Subject
#8631 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 5:57 PM
Looks like they'll be attempting to add ocean swimming to other worlds. Including future ones.

"Right now this only available in Sulani but they’re working on retro-fitting other and future worlds with swimming."

Source: https://brazenlotus.tumblr.com/post...ticipate-in/amp

You should never come between a woman and her dream, and a man who never knew his place.

Livejournal
Instructor
#8632 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 6:08 PM Last edited by DeservedCriticism : 11th Jun 2019 at 6:36 PM.
Decent info dump:

https://simsontherope.tumblr.com/po...-not-so-new/amp

Key points:

-Sharks exist. Yay. They cause a tense moodlet. BOOOOOOOOOOO~. But they can also kill a Sim. Yay. The death type isn't new and instead the shark drowns you. Booooo.
-Mermaid powers include: sing lullabies, "a unique kind of kiss," seducing sims, the power to summon a hidden threat (sharks probably in the water to attack other sims), and with Seasons, summon a thunderstorm.
-Mermaid powers depend on Mermaid traits holy crap. Evil sims can't do some of the positive powers, presumably good mermaids can't attack people with sharks
-Sea turtles are just decoration
-There's a friggin' nudist lot trait
-The elementals in the preview are merely skimmed by, so thusfar don't seem to get any special mention in terms of functionality
-Oh boy guys, FIVE new food dishes. We were all really hyped for those
Instructor
#8633 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barracuduh
Looks like they'll be attempting to add ocean swimming to other worlds. Including future ones.

"Right now this only available in Sulani but they’re working on retro-fitting other and future worlds with swimming."

Source: https://brazenlotus.tumblr.com/post...ticipate-in/amp

Also out of that one:

-No suntans for vampires. Racism
-Weekly events like fishing competition
-New aspiration reward is "these sims never get stressed." Kinda weird if this removes negative moodlets, as they're undoing their emotions system, plus aspiration rewards already do this for embarassed and tense
-One of the Mermaid powers is just singing to others for a moodlet. Boooo~
-Good and Evil confirmed the two traits for mermaids that lock off specific powers
-Boats can service all needs, meaning you could theoretically just live on a damned boat (though can't build onto it yourself, so not a houseboat)
Forum Resident
#8634 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
Decent info dump:

https://simsontherope.tumblr.com/po...-not-so-new/amp

Key points:

-Sharks exist. Yay. They cause a tense moodlet. BOOOOOOOOOOO~. But they can also cause a Sim to drown by pulling them under. Yay.
-Mermaid powers include: sing lullabies, "a unique kind of kiss," seducing sims, the power to summon a hidden threat (sharks probably in the water to attack other sims), and with Seasons, summon a thunderstorm.
-Mermaid powers depend on Mermaid traits holy crap. Evil sims can't do some of the positive powers, presumably good mermaids can't attack people with sharks
-Sea turtles are just decoration
-The elementals in the preview are merely skimmed by, so thusfar don't seem to get any special mention in terms of functionality
-Oh boy guys, FIVE new food dishes. We were all really hyped for those

There are many sources up now because embargo was lifted two hours ago, and in some I read sharks can pull you under water and drown you, but it's the same death as drowning. And meteors burn you as usual
Sand castles and stuff are only available on the sand in the new world.
Also, toddlers in shallow water and woohoo in waterfalls seem to have the same animations they had before.

I did like to read that two lot traits will apparently be added to the base game, and that the teen part time jobs will be available for adults (and they can have two part time jobs). Both things will be added with the pre-pack patch though.

And I read about the tan lines and I hope it won't be too invasive, like hopefully not every Sim decides to go sunbathing and ends up with ugly tan lines.
Instructor
#8635 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 6:40 PM
Quote:
'Most of the lots are partially in the water. You can’t place pool on these lots.'

I find this SOOOOOOOOOOO interesting. It's like their tech for this game is somehow so unbelievably shitty that they had to trick it and basically set the entire lot as one giant pool or something while marking the land portions instead, so now the side-effect is pools can't be placed.

But remember guys, the engine is fine. It's totally not intended for online social play or something!!
Test Subject
#8636 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 6:44 PM
I just watched Deligracy preview the new pack and these are the details (or lack of) I noticed before I couldn’t watch anymore.

Sims TELEPORT in and out of the boat.

The boat turns in the water on the spot, it looks really clunky.

I couldn’t see “sail together” as an option, so I’m assuming the boat is just another solo activity of wandering aimlessly on the water or lounging.

Yet again, the gameplay generally feels as dull as sifting through trash on the beach.

I just can’t anymore, EA. I’m done.

Here’s the video. Hopefully you get further than I could: https://youtu.be/CHJJGdqppGg
Instructor
#8637 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jonni8
I just watched Deligracy preview the new pack and these are the details (or lack of) I noticed before I couldn’t watch anymore.

The boat turns in the water on the spot, it looks really clunky.

I couldn’t see “sail together” as an option, so I’m assuming the boat is just another solo activity of wandering aimlessly on the water or lounging.

Yet again, the gameplay generally feels as dull as sifting through trash on the beach.

I just can’t anymore, EA. I’m done.

Here’s the video. Hopefully you get further than I could: https://youtu.be/CHJJGdqppGg

11:20
"And we've already become Soulmates with this dolphin..."

If the fursuits didn't give away that the devs are furries, then this certainly did.
Mad Poster
#8638 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 7:11 PM

Aside others, these ones I REALLY do appreciate (not clicked the link yet). While I still wish mermaids had water based powers (bias H2o just add water fan, but it would damn fun exploding neighbors plumbing like in the mod), nevertheless it's amazing. Oh and hell yeah for weather-based powers. Legit fun with no sarcasm.

Nudist lot trait *simultaniously shakes down eyebrowse* It better be not exclusive for beach lots, as that's the most engaging thing can be used for comical effect and purpose.
Quote:
-Boats can service all needs, meaning you could theoretically just live on a damned boat (though can't build onto it yourself, so not a houseboat)

Makes sense. Could have supplemented smaller version of houseboats, but that would way high up for TS4 standards which I'm fine with that.
Quote: Originally posted by Jonni8

That too. I learn to deal with it.

Mad Poster
#8639 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 7:23 PM
Interesting little note- you can't use terrain tools on beachfront lots:

https://youtu.be/3cKpkEW9kCI?t=260
Test Subject
#8640 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

Good point actually. Maybe I could enjoy the game too if I learn to ignore the details. :p
Instructor
#8641 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Aside others, these ones I REALLY do appreciate (not clicked the link yet). While I still wish mermaids had water based powers (bias H2o just add water fan, but it would damn fun exploding neighbors plumbing like in the mod), nevertheless it's amazing. Oh and hell yeah for weather-based powers. Legit fun with no sarcasm.

Nudist lot trait *simultaniously shakes down eyebrowse* It better be not exclusive for beach lots, as that's the most engaging thing can be used for comical effect and purpose.

Makes sense. Could have supplemented smaller version of houseboats, but that would way high up for TS4 standards which I'm fine with that.

The pack honestly seems bipolar to me in that there's design decisions in here where I think "finally, someone gets it," and there's others where it's clear they're still hiding what a trash game this is.

The Good and Evil effects on Mermaids I consider really solid. It's nice to see your Sim's personality reinforced by the game's system and thereby acknowledged. Like with Vampires, if Good Sims got Tamed Thirst for free, that'd be a nice little nod that acknowledges their persona and makes it matter, even if it's just in a small way. It's nice to know someone felt this was important enough to go back and program in, cause I feel like such a little detail is absolutely what the game needs: the game desperately needs more personality and reactivity to make sims feel unique.

Quite honestly, I'm satisfied with this pack simply because it's my hope it's step 1 to a path to improvement. If we assume this pack was partially in development whilst people like Grant called the shots, then of course it's gonna be partially bad. If we see hints and elements of care given to areas where it was never given before though, then this is good and means SOMEONE on staff is making sound decisions, and we might see more of those in the future.

My concerns stem more from performance. It is heavily implied they practically had to trick their engine into making oceans swimmable by the fact that you can't build pools on these lots. Deligracy is apologizing and making excuses on behalf of the team for the empty homes in recent packs + presumably this one as well. Despite all this though, they delayed the update that screws over 32-bit players and tells them to buy a non-potato-based processor. The best management decisions in the world will still be screwed if they have to work with a poorly designed game that's on Year 5 of it's development. Like honestly, I could make a small list of game bugs that periodically return despite being patched, and this is telling that the engine is crap and needs a serious overhaul. Pushing out 32-bit systems is probably the most hopeful news you could get about this game cause this enables them to both up performance and depth of packs....but it sounds like the marketing team realized "oh shit we can't sell our new packs to the potato nation" and thus this update is now in limbo. Honestly hope a new pack breaks the entire game and forces the patch into existence.
Forum Resident
#8642 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Interesting little note- you can't use terrain tools on beachfront lots:

https://youtu.be/3cKpkEW9kCI?t=260

I didn't expect to be able to change the shore, but I thought the rest of the lot might be editable. Not a big deal for me because I don't use the terrain tool much, but I understand disappointment here.

I found the beginning of the video interesting btw because I assumed you couldn't really change the part of the house that's in the water (the part on stilts), but apparently you can really build it from scratch and that's quite nice and a surprise to be honest.
Field Researcher
#8643 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 7:37 PM
So there is no diving underwater in this pack...sigh I knew it. There is always a catch, something always has to be missing/left out. Ah well, that's disappointing since it makes mermaids a lot less interesting. I was hoping for at least a hidden underwater lot, like how previous expansions with worlds have a hidden/special lot.
Instructor
#8644 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 7:56 PM
Random news no one cares about: apparently the new town has a premade LESBIAN COUPLE and a premade TRANS SIM! Wowowowowowowowowow!

I'd actually be super curious what percent of LGBT fans get excited over such a feature and what percent view it as blatant pandering to try and make a sale. Or even worse, when it gets attention in place of a feature, as if there's nothing else to discuss. (like with Cats and Dogs) Though to be fair, I guess props to them that thusfar (<---keyword) this hasn't been advertised as a "feature." If they can make it to release day without the Sims team themselves trying to call attention to this and virtue signal, instead simply including them, I'd say that's inclusion done right.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8645 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 10:09 PM
That plastic lounge chair is base game level.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#8646 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 11:37 PM
11:20
"And we've already become Soulmates with this dolphin..."

If the fursuits didn't give away that the devs are furries, then this certainly did.

Bestiality... lmfao

ETA: I was getting small hints from the furry suits but this just confirms it lol
Top Secret Researcher
#8647 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 12:55 AM
"Suntan and sunburn are exclusive to the island of Sulani."

HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA *sigh*
Mad Poster
#8648 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
"Suntan and sunburn are exclusive to the island of Sulani."

HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA *sigh*

...You're fucking joking, right? XD

The Receptacle still lives!
Top Secret Researcher
#8649 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 1:16 AM
I wish... EA needs to stop. Just... ugh I have no words. For every good thing they do, they fuck up equally.
Forum Resident
#8650 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 1:33 AM Last edited by ticklish : 12th Jun 2019 at 1:52 AM. Reason: new info
eh if a modder can make a suntan mod that affects all worlds so can ea. according too carl's sims only adults can get sunburn and suntan https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/...s/islandliving/. 2 days ago · A guide to the new features in The Sims 4 Island Living Expansion Pack, featuring the new land of Sulani, dolphins, mermaids and other tropical activities. ... Sims bathing in the sun to get a tan should be careful, as they can get a sunburn. ... (and only for adults). Sims can actually drink kava in the new pack and will undoubtedly get some .... But the mod on here lets child sims and teens get sunburn and suntan. And sim can't get sunburn on cloudy days.
Locked thread
Page 346 of 447