Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#3851 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 7:43 PM
So because I needed a new mafia clan for a story line I recreated the Altos from Sims 3, but slighlty younger and I included the brother Nick Alto has according to the Sims Wiki (Bert). I extracted some Sims from Veronaville to use as bases for them: Nick Alto is based on (an an aged up version of) Mercutio Monty's face sculpt, Bert on Antonio and Vita on Gonerial Capp. Holly is a genetic combination of her parents.
And including them actually opened a number of additional storylines and changed some others I had planned:

1) After her divorce from Dorian Bachelor, I originally planned to marry Dina Caliente to Dirk Dreamer, but instead she ended up meeting Bert Alto and well....his family is rich....and she's Dina Alto by now. They even have a son already, Sonny Alto.
2) Dina used Don Lothario to manipulate Vita Alto into cheating on her husband to prevent them from producing a male heir (so that the "family business" will be passed on to Bert), which ended up very tragically for Vita. It also ended Don and Nina Caliente's marriage (Nina witnessed the whole thing). On the other hand Nick Alto might want a new wife...and I think he'd fit well with Esmeralda Lothario...
3)Magnus and Emanuelle Goth had a daughter around the same time Sonny was born, a little girl named Helena. I think I'm gonna pair them up and instigate a sort of Romeo and Juliet storyline (since I imagine the Goths would be very opposed to one of their family marrying into organized crime) It will be tragic and beautiful and oh so dramatic.
4)Since Aliens are totally a thing in my neighbourhood now, I think I'm gonna pair Dirk Dreamer with Stella Terrano now. i'm pretty certaint hey'll make beautiful babbehs.

Speaking of babbehs...there were a lot lately. Andrew and Joy Oldie have three (3) new grandchildren; their daughter Kate married Dorian Bachelor and they had a little girl called Jocelyn. This also means that all seven grandchildren of Michael Bachelor (Titania, Artemis, Galadriel, Emily, Rose, Paris and Jocelyn) are girls (I just find coincidences like that fun) and their son Kasey married Zara Zest and they had twin boys (Warren and Foley) One more grandchild and both Andrew and Joy will fulfill their lifetime want of having 6 grandchildren.
Castor Nova gave birth to the first alien child in my neighbourhood; Felicity Nova and, because it was such fun, got himself abducted again and is now pregnant with the second one.
Sharla Ottomas and Beau Broke were born as well...which also means that Skip Broke has died by now, with Brandie being left with Dustin and beau, as well as being pregnant with her third child.
John and Jennifer broke also had a second child, a boy named Marlon.

So yeah, lotsa babies. Unfortunaltely there's more boys than girls yet again, especially siince Chester Gieke is still gonna be born this rotation, and the next two babies after that will be Brandie's third son and Tommy Ottomas.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Advertisement
Inventor
#3852 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 12:38 AM
Oof, the next few households had quite the week! At the Picaso abode I finally got around to doing some decorating. I'm still going back and forth about them moving. On the one hand, they're well settled. On the other, I do like my teens to have their own space if possible. Between the parents wanting parties and the kids wanting friends, the place sometimes gets crowded as well. But if they move, then I have to find or build them a whole new lot and that's work For now, they're staying where they are. Matthew enjoyed his new position as a Junior Officer and Emma took to school like a fish to water. She soon had an A+ to boast about! The two kids also continued to make friends with others in the hood. Matthew and Jessica snuck off to Main Street one day while the little ones were at school and ended up having an impromptu date at The Green Stripe (as well as some naughty woohoo in their parked van).

The significant moment of their turn was when Matthew tried to repair the computer. It was the second time that week it had broken, as it gets a lot of use between the four of them and it's an older model. Rather than call a repairman who wouldn't come until the next day, he went to handle it himself. Unfortunately, his low mechanical skills had him poking the screwdriver in the wrong port, giving him a huge shock! Poor Emma dropped the phone she had been on chatting with a friend and watched in fear. So did Julien Cooke, who happened to be passing by outside. A tense moment passed before Matthew managed to wrench himself from the device, dazed and singed but alive. His robust health kept the worst from happening and he came away with a moderate drop in motives. After giving Emma a reassuring hug, he went to soothe his frazzled nerves with a bubble bath. Neither Jessica nor Rod knew what had happened until afterward, as they had been upstairs at the time. By the end of their week, Matthew had recovered and everyone was doing all right.

-

Julien Cooke proved himself quite the salesman when it was his time to be visited. He dazzled and hard sold customers with hardly a fail, managing to impress one customer so much they promised to use a family connection to get him promoted at his Culinary job. Another customer offered him a sample of some cologne or other, though that he simply tucked away. When he next came home from work, he had been given the position of Sous Chef. This, however, put him in a hard spot. With the work hours being 2-9pm, he knew he would have precious little time to actually man his own shop. Especially not during peak customer time. While he wanted to promote his newest employee Toby Bruenig, Toby didn't have the necessary skills and he wasn't certain it would even be allowed under the by-laws for home businesses. More than that, any further promotions would likely keep him in relatively the same boat. After some thinking, he decided to close up. He was barely making a profit as it was and he didn't have time for anything else. So for the next couple of mornings, he worked hard to sell off his current stock, and when it was gone he shut things down. He felt a bit guilty for his employees, but it wasn't as though they would have had any work to be paid for if he didn't have time to open the store. He felt a sense of relief, in the end, and used the money to buy an actual bed and some better furniture. He even redid the windows and main door to be more home-like. Once that was done, he moved his living room downstairs to where the shop portion had been. He might revisit the whole business thing later, but for now he is going to enjoy having leisure time.

-

The Ramaswami family had their life up-ended, though in a positive way! Early on in the week, Priya woke up both incredibly hungry and feeling queasy. It wasn't long before those bouts of nausea had her wondering if she was pregnant. She was still on birth control, so it wasn't as though she meant to be! Soon enough, the question was answered. A nooboo was on the way! Even though it was unexpected, she settled into the notion and found herself looking forward to the new addition to their family. Sanjay wasn't quite as certain, but he lingered around Priya whenever there was idle time, choosing to sit near her and dropping his flirting with Nikki when he brought the older woman home with him. He didn't even give her a kiss goodbye, just a hug. About midway through the week they had a daughter whom they named Malati. Sanjay was quick to think of all the things the baby needed, while Priya wanted to study up on Parenting. One of the empty rooms was done up as a nursery and some baby toys put downstairs.

Priya kept at the studying, in between taking care of Malati, choosing to stay home. Once she had finished, however, she decided that they didn't have nearly the money they needed and felt a desire to get promoted. Sanjay continued going to work but soon he, too, decided he could do better. The two of them squeezed in skilling as they could while taking care of and interacting with Malati. Priya used her parental leave while Sanjy simply devoted his day off to it. Though their daughter was still an infant, once Priya had the skills needed she went off to get that promotion! When it was almost time for Sanjay to head off himself, he called in a temporary nanny. The dedication paid off with Priya coming home with a new position at the newspaper. Sanjay hadn't quite gotten what was required. The nanny got off on the wrong foot, as she decided to flick Priya's nose... and after she had gotten a tip to boot. Unfortunately, they're going to need a regular one soon and she just might be it. By Sunday night, it was time for Malati to age up to toddler. When she did, Priya and Sanjay both immediately decided they wanted another child, as well as looking forward to teaching their daughter. They're a bit late to the game, what with their lifebars already half gone, but they seem to be finally ready and eager to expand their family. They didn't get a chance to try again before it was time to sleep, though Priya has gone off birth control for the next round.
Lab Assistant
#3853 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 5:45 PM
I'm playing ISBI challenge, and I think that I found IQ 0 Sim... She was only complaining, sleeping on couch and running into bathroom, and she died during pregnancy, second trimester. For her is: 1 Pregnancy = 1 Death. First time, she was saved, second time, torcholder was at work, his mother was only one with unused command, and she hated her daughter in law. I cannot blame her, she was Education Minister.

EDIT: For anyone who have plan to avoid moving her into ISBI house, just to know who she is: Jan Bain, Sim State Univesity Townie
Lab Assistant
#3854 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 6:42 PM Last edited by Nukk : 31st Dec 2018 at 7:35 PM.
I'm slowly but surely getting back into the groove of Sims 2. Spent several hours this weekend downloading CC and have finally stopped dragging my feet and started playing again!

I'm playing the latest 'hood, which was started back in August (yikes, I thought it was a lot more recent--time flies), known as Stormstrike.

The Rhythm household has had a rather tumultuous week. Lyra and DJ, an engaged couple living in a shoddy apartment, are working towards multiple goals: Becoming rockstars, buying a house, and getting pregnant (though in no particular order are they trying to reach these dreams).

Unfortunately, life isn't being nice to these two, and I promise that it's not by my hand!

DJ got fired from his job as a summer camp music teacher. Later that evening, Lyra miscarried--she wasn't even showing yet (+ she has a flu). DJ spent a day pulling himself together. He realized he enjoys working with kids and went for a career in the Education line.

Pregnancy seems quite far away for these two, and yet they only have about 12 days until they become elders. DJ's fertility is <20% and Lyra's is <10%, so getting pregnant has been difficult enough without them having issues staying pregnant. I'm going to have them shell out $5,000 for an IVF pregnancy, then have them take out a loan for a house and see where everything goes. They aren't really into playing it safe, so a financial dice-roll like this would be something they'd absolutely jump head-first into.

ETA: Now both of them are sick and they got robbed! Geez. Could it get any worse for them?

... Oooon the bright side, they are pregnant again. Let's hope this one sticks!

ETA2: Lyra just gave birth to a baby girl named Siren!
Mad Poster
#3855 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 7:21 PM
Played RiverBlossom Hills today.

Moira McGreggor (Leod McGreggor & Crystal Vu) got engaged to Joe Burb (John Burb & Mary Gavigan). They dated in their younger teen years back with Joe use to live down the road, but then he packed up and moved to Strangetown one night and didn't see Moira for several years. Moira eventually tracked him down, and found that Joe had been abducted by aliens and given birth to a son, Kaine. Aliens aren't allowed outside of Strangetown, so Joe presumed that farmer girl Moira wouldn't be willing to be with him and pack up everything. Turns out, she was all for it and can't wait to finish school and start a new life with Joe and Kaine.

Fiha Greenman (grandchild of the Greenman's and the Ramaswarmi's) became a toddler. She looks like a typical Ramaswarmi. Close together eyes, thin chin, skintone 4, brown eyes and black hair. She looks just like her mother Ameena. With Rose, Jason, Coriander, Ameena, Coriander's younger sister Tulip and little Fiha - the house was feeling a little cramped, so Coriander, Ameena and their daughter Fiha moved into a new house down the street. It's only 1 bedroom though, so they'll either have to expand or move soon enough, especially seeing as Ameena has rolled a want for another baby.

Dustin Broke, most famous rockstar in SimCity, got fired today. He was playing a gig and had to either play another solo or stage dive - he chose another solo, thinking that's what his fans wanted. Turns out they didn't. They booed him off the stage and called him a coward. He didn't get demoted - he got full on fired! Chance cards are so extreme His daughter Skipper became a child. She's pretty cute. Her style is a little too punky for Riverblossom hills though.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#3856 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 7:34 PM
What happened so far in Week 1/2 of Veronaville in my new version of my Uberhood in order of my rotation:

Inventor
#3857 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 8:58 PM
Leo and Christy Wilkie have been doing well. The boys were taught to talk, which put them in a good position for aging up to child. Part way through the week, Christy hired a nanny. No one wants to think about the inevitable that is approaching but she needs to have someone in place to keep an eye on the kids while she works. Best to get them used to the nanny now. Kenny and Hank aged up to child after school was already out for the week, so they got the whole weekend to play in the common area playground. The cribs and toddler stuff got swapped out for beds and regular toys. Even though it was winter, the family took a trip to the park so that Kenny and Hank could meet with other children in the hood. It went fairly well and they had had some grilled hot dogs before heading home. All in all, it was a quiet week. About the most exciting thing that happened was one of the neighbors freezing outside. My own internal rule is that if my controllable sim can't see something, they can't do anything about it and the entire family was inside with no window to witness the event. However, the other neighbors were right there with her, so I accepted that she likely would have gotten help from them. As taking control of apartment neighbors can cause some wonky issues, I ended up using the blender to normalize her temperature. She unfroze and headed off to her apartment to recover.

-

The Newson kids have gotten a little off track with their ages, so things are a bit wonky. I'm trying to keep some days between Gavin, Ginger, Gabriella, and Gallagher but it's difficult when the older two had to be fiddled with using the slow aging controller. I found Gabriella had caught up with Ginger and will have to be doing some finessing to keep everyone in line. Ginger aged up to Young Adult on Sunday, Gabriella will age up at the end of the next round, and Gallagher the round after that. I think Garrett and Georgia are still far enough behind that I shouldn't need to do as much fussing with them. It turns out it might be a good thing Julien closed up shop. The older kids' inventories were far too full of things they had bought from him. Since they were lacking in funds, I sold it all off to get some money back. They'll simply have to deal with cooking their own meals. Hopefully, Gavin won't set fire to the stove again! He did well enough on his college work, passing his exams and moving up to Sophomore. He isn't pushing himself but he isn't failing either. Gallagher took a job in the Journalism career track, which helped out a lot with padding the household budget, though... they won't have to worry as much next round. The rest was pretty uneventful, with the occasional friend over and I think Gallagher managed to get an A+.

-

The Goodie household was the one I most dreaded and anticipated this round. Leo had managed to make it to the end of his round, but I had doubts that his former housemates would be so lucky. The issue with the lifebars meant it was uncertain exactly who might be the first to go. As they are all set to age three times a week, the first couple of days were free from worry. They did some skilling up and getting promoted. Much like the Newsons, I found their inventories full of meals and treats from Julien's shop. All of it got shifted to Ethan to hold, as he is the youngest of the residents and still has very visible time left. I double-checked that any career rewards were claimed and either stored up in the attic or placed in the house, along with all the ReNuYu potions. On Wednesday, I kept on eye on everyone, letting them do as they pleased as 6pm approached. From what I could see, I still guessed Sarah or Christa would be the first, though Christian's bar had also gone down to just a sliver. As the evening ticked on, Ethan and Sarah headed off to the one double bed they could access, and were quite engaged as the aging up time came. No one died and I thought maybe they had all dodged the bullet. But... no. It seems either ACR is more powerful than Death, or else Grim was kind enough to wait for the couple to have one last time together, as he didn't show up until 8pm to take Sarah away. She got the whole hula and lei routine, fading off into the afterlife with suitcase and drink in hand. Strangely, though, her tombstone is regular one. But at least she went out happy, I suppose!

Ethan took it pretty hard. I suppose if I were to spin it into a less supernatural story, I would say she overexerted herself and I can imagine that would leave the partner feeling quite guilty! Everyone mourned over her, except for Samantha Ottomas, who was present as a visitor. Though I suppose I can at least give her credit for not laughing as the others around her wailed. Sarah's tombstone was placed outside and once her ghost spawns she'll be moved off to St. Michael's graveyard. The next day was an age-free one, so the residents spent time fulfilling wants, mostly of a skilling nature, and reconnecting with friends. Everybody's lifebars seemed to have gotten shuffled, which left Christa with more time than she had previously. Christian was still down to a sliver. The others had varying lengths, though none particularly long except for Ethan.

Friday was the next aging up day and again I let the residents do as they wished. Again, at 6pm nobody died right away. The lot had been laggy, even with a save and a game reload, so it might be the game was struggling with processing so many sims near death. But like Sarah, the next to go was visited by Grim by 8pm in the evening. This time it was Christian Love. He also found himself the recipient of a drink and a warm welcome to the afterlife, pretty dancing girls and all. His death hit his lovers pretty deeply, sending one into the red aspiration-wise (I believe it was Makoto) and leaving poor Nikki crying several times throughout the rest of the evening. The rest were pretty shaken as well. There was a bit of a worry as the hula zombies didn't leave with Grim right away, so I thought he might return for someone else. But they eventually left and no one else was claimed. Christian's platinum tombstone was set out next to Sarah's.

Before Sunday rolled around, the residents did some more want fulfilling and getting in touch with friends. Also, now that they had over $200,000 it was decided that some of it needed to go somewhere. They had more than enough for their own expenses. So Faith, Herbert, and the rest did some sending off of cash gifts to people. Sanjay and Priya got a few of them, as did Leo and Christy. Samantha and Peter both got some. Ginger did as well. More might be sent Ginger's way next week, once everything gets settled. Townies may end up as recipients as well, though neither Sarah nor Christian got around to gifting any of their townie friends. They might end up buying a community lot, though I haven't decided what it would be. By the time Sunday came around, Christa had topped the Science career and a few others had gotten promoted as well. But it seemed Grim had decided the house needed a break, as no one died that evening.
Mad Poster
#3858 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 3:51 AM
Heather Huffington, why did you eat the rotten pizza? You are getting sicker and sicker and sicker . . . do I have any family sims you know that might have the comfort soup perk and be able to invite you over? Sarah Love to the rescue!

The best part was, the next rotten pizza, Heather autonomously took to the trash all by herself. And the next after that.

Some sims do learn.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Theorist
#3859 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 1:58 PM
Well the smallest and final Baby Broke was born, in my Beginning of Pleasantview Neighbourhood, so all characters form the Canon version of Pleasantview are accounted for. He ended up having the same blond hair and dark blue eyes as his late father and older brothers, so I named him Lonny (I have this sort of tadition with Brandie's youngest son, if he's black haired I call him Buddy, if he's blond I call him Lonny) I stuck to the official storyline with the Brokes so far and had Dustin teach Beau to walk and talk. He's also had his first kiss with Angela. I still haven't introduced him to Gordon King yet though (who's his cousin in this version, funnily enough).
I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with Brandie at this point, though. I mean with the new baby she'll spend most of the rest of her adult years raising her kids, but I feel like there should be more for her than just raising her sons.

Also added an original family to my neighbourhood (arguably the first family that isn't based on a family from Sims 1 or 3, since even he Wolffs I added in the beginning are supposed to eventually result in the Wolffs from Sunset Valley)
A Japanese family named Yasuda, I recently found some face presets that mimic various East-Asian ethnicities very well and I thought I'd try them out this way. Works especially well since Mary-Sue is Herb and Coral's biological daughter in my hood and so Pleasantview lacked some diversity.
They are supposed to be a family of recent immigrants and consist of:

Akira, a fourtune sim who apparently wants to become a Space Pirate...well aliens are a thing now, so I suppose it's doable.
Mizuko, Akira's wife, a pleasure Sim who wants to become a Chef. In my storyline she'll open the first Sushi restaurant in Downtown.
izumi, Akira's elderly mother, who's a family Sim and wants some grandkids, dammit.
And, just born a few minutes ago, baby Rika (a girl)
(I think I want them to have a son as well later on, so that the family name has a higher chance of being passed down)

They are just getting used to their new surroundings and settling into their home. Since they needed a larger house to make room for both their baby and Izumi, they are still fairly low on funds and only have the most necessary pieces of furniture. But socially they are already pretty popular. They have befriended Keith and Gerogiana oldie from across the street, Emanuelle Goth, Landon Wolff (who'll soon marry Titania Bachelor and father Thornton from Sims 3) and Izumi has befriended both Mortimer and Bella Goth.
I like the idea that my Pleasantview is very welcome of newcomers :-)
(THough I really have to stop/slowing down with adding new families, I kinda have already more than i can handle and each rotation takes me months to complete) >_>

And Nick alto married Esmeralda Lothario(Don's younger sister) Can you believe her? She flat out spurns her young, upcoming, strikingly handsome neighbor Dirk Dreamer and then falls head over heels for an old mafia boss...(she has three bolts with Nick, while having negative attraction to Dirk...)
Poor Dirk, first Dina leaves him for someone else, then Esmeralda spurns him, if Stella Terrano reject him as well I wont know what to do anymore...

Inventor
#3860 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 8:54 PM
The Traveller house wrapped up the fourth week rotation of the hood in a quiet manner. Trent got promoted to International Sim of Mystery and Trisha finally fulfilled her longstanding want to get fit. Tina filled her time with school, soccer, and a party. She did sneak out with her friend Sharla Ottomas on Friday night. I thought she had gotten away with it, too, as the clock approached 4am. Alas, she was brought home in shame in the back of a police car. I had to rouse her parents so they could properly receive her. Though Trisha lectured her daughter, it was a small blip in the otherwise happy household. Tina wanted to try sneaking out the next day, as well, but I thought focusing on her party want might be a better idea. Once it was over, her mother had her clean as her punishment for the night before. They took a brief outing to Main Street so that Tina could meet a teen cashier or two, but aside from eating at the Red and White Cafe they didn't do much. While Tina is still technically going steady with Isiah Gavigan, they haven't actually done any going out. Maybe next round, if one of them rolls a want for it!

-

The hood rolled over to Spring, the start of a new cycle of seasons and the fifth week. The main Ottomas household was chaotic as ever. Between Samantha, Peter, Sharla, and the nanny they managed to get the last few toddlers potty trained. That helped a little bit. Keeping them all fed and relatively healthy still took a lot of work. Fulfilling their wants to be potty trained, however, kicked all of them out of their red aspirations and they autonomously focused on skill gaining instead. Which kept them from growing up badly when the time came. Terri and Cherri aged up first, without a cake and a day later than I normally would have done it. At least Cherri no longer looks like a complete clone of Dora. They're still similar, but now only in a sisterly way. Martha, Mark, and Paul aged up later in the week. All baby and toddler items were junked to make room for beds, in spite of Samantha having a blip of insanity where she wanted yet another baby. As her lifebar was relatively far along, I decided she was not fertile enough. Fortunately, the want rolled away quickly enough. Now that the weather is getting better, I have half a mind to stick all the children's desk locators out by the playground equipment so that they'll be drawn to play on them after school, rather than hiding up in their rooms jumping on beds.

-

Cyd Roseland also had a relatively quiet week. He worked hard to get a promotion to Counterfeiter, scoring him some decent hours instead of the insanely late ones of his previous position. Which is nice, given that Porthos aged up to elder this week as well. His friend Kaylynn Spitzig kept dropping by. He used his influence to get her to clean and pull weeds for him, as he dislikes doing those chores. Ryan Wheeler got booty called again, after a trip to Main Street reminded Cyd that the man existed. Given how focused he was on getting those skill points, I think he didn't have much thought left over for anything else. Ryan ended up staying the night, though Cyd had to bid him goodbye early the next morning as his new hours had kicked in. He has so far kept the bald look and he made a friend or two in preparation for climbing up the next rung of the ladder. I think, however, it's about time he ditched the old trailer and move into something more fitting.
Mad Poster
#3861 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 9:27 PM
The McGreggor twins - Hywell and Llion became adults. Neither went to college, which is pretty normal for someone from Riverblossom hills. Both already have their own homes. Llion grew up well, although he lives in a small cabin in the woods and raises two cows (and a calf, which got stolen on his birthday... but I didn't see who stole it!), whereas Hywell grew up badly and went into aspiration failure. In his defense, he was rolling wants to max skills out he didn't even have more than 3+ skill points in, and ever since he cheated death after his sons were born, he's craved to do it again. He lives on the outskirts of Riverblossom hills, with his wife Suki and thier two sons Tadhg and Fingal. They're too busy to indulge in their love of crops and fishing due to the twins needing to learn their toddler skills, but hopefully things will work out for them in the near future.

Next we move on to Veronaville...
The main Capp house was surprisingly quiet. Celia Capp (heiress) is now getting A+ in school and is currently spending her spare time playing chess with her cousin Hector. Her older brother Rebeck has been trying to work out who he wants to marry. He's not all that interested, but distant cousin Audrey Capp has been befriending him in an attempt at marrying him when they're old enough (Audrey is Tybalt's daughter, Rebeck is the son of Ariel, so they're about as far as native Veronavillian marriages can be!).

The butler yet again set a fire in a Capp household. I'm not sure if he has a personal venetta against Tybalt or if he's just super absent minded. I was surprised that even though it was a small fire confined to the kitchen, everyone ran from various parts of the house (including Lilith, who was trimming the shrubs at the far end of their very large garden) just to scream about the fire. Eventually Lucius (their eldest son) called the fire department and they came as soon as possible. The whole time the butler continued to walk in and out of the kitchen, serving instant meals, very calmly. I think Tybalt should fire him.

I played a few more households, but outside of skilling and general day to day life, nothing really happened. Anais and Hal want another baby, even though their eldest daughter just became a child today, and they still have toddler twins to look after. Also I can't work out what to do with the Summerdream triplets - they're at the age where they can go to college next rotation, but I'm not sure to send them or not. None of them really NEED to go to University. But also the household feels like there's too many sims to really enjoy, with their being both Titania and Oberon, the triplets and their younger brother, and several pets. I feel like if I move out the triplets and let them get on with their life, I'd have more time to focus on the youngest, Gossamer and what he's doing. He still feels like a little bit of a blank slate.

Lab Assistant
#3862 Old 3rd Jan 2019 at 11:41 PM
The Heiress to the Storm throne just died. That was a massive shock.

In the Storm family, it's tradition for the heir/ess to hold a competition to determine their spouse. Several Sims are called to live with the heir/ess and compete for their hand in marriage. The competition can last up to four Sim weeks, based on the focus of the contest (this time it was the Sim with the highest skill points). Ember was almost done with the first week of the competition.

She was cooking omelettes. They caught on fire. The firefighters didn't get there quickly enough (I have a mod that randomizes the timing of emergency services).

Wellp, now I need to figure out who the new heiress should be.

I'm actually really sad that I lost Ember, too.

And I've just now realized how funny it is that Ember died in a fire. Wow. Even more amusing is that she was the first Sim born in this 'hood and was the first to die. She's taking all the achievements!
Mad Poster
#3863 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 3:12 AM
Happenings in Farnham:

With the urging of his wife, Peter Gerard gave up his witchery tools when his friend Michael Thornton gave him a potion to become human again. However, Michael could not resist the siren temptation of that funny telescope and used it once after he borrowed it from Peter.

Having lost his fiancee to another man, Michael now wants a baby. He will get one. He came back pregnant from his excursion with the aliens. He's desperately trying to think up a cover story for his neighbors about where it came from and why it has green skin. (which it will, being alien spawn). He hopes to keep the baby without the authorities hearing of it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Test Subject
#3864 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 11:09 AM
I've starterd playing a hood including Riverblossom Hills Bluewater Village and Downtown, and i was playing Florence Delarosa, and she managed to con people into buying the most expensive fishtank ever worth 18,000 in the catalog. Now shes pretty rich!
Field Researcher
#3865 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 3:56 AM
I'm starting a new neighborhood "Villanueva" (like the university...and JTV...but like not).

So far I'm making Telly Tillson's pub and a little motel for some *cough* drug dealer *cough* sims.
Mad Poster
#3866 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 8:51 AM
In Farnham:
It appears that there will be a very hastily arranged wedding for Lord Hugh Fitzwilliam and Margaret Greenfield, as the bride to be has become unexpectedly pregnant during their engagement.
Thankfully there will be no question of who the father is. Margaret has been utterly faithful to her fiance, who has not been, unfortunately. There are rumors that he has been seen with another woman at his house under intimate circumstances. His former serving maid knows the truth, but has so far not divulged what she knows.
Surprisingly, because she's the town gossip, always calling everyone daily with her tidbits. One wonders if Lord Hugh has paid her off. She vehemently denies it, but it is noted that she moved out of his house shortly after that..she is best friends with the bride to be.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Lab Assistant
#3867 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 12:25 AM
There are some interesting things going on between the Price family (Jeremy and his daughter Elizabeth) and the Reed family (Tabitha and her son Liam). Liam and Elizabeth got hitched and intended to go to college together, but Liam's poor grades disabled him from going, so I'll be waiting to play him until Elizabeth graduates. In the meantime, he's purchasing a small house and finally gaining his independence.

From there, I decided it'd be fun to spice things up by having Tabitha be impregnated by Jeremy. I had to age her down by several days to do this, but eh, what's a bit of cheating for the story? The goal is to age her up right after the baby's born, then have her pawn it off to her son to deal with, as a twisted "parting gift" to him. She's jealous that he's working to achieve his dreams, whereas her goals were unattainable to her because she had Liam at such a young age. He's too nice to say "no" to raising his homeless sibling, and the town doesn't have an orphanage yet.
Alchemist
#3868 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 3:36 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 3rd Aug 2019 at 4:03 PM.
Ever since Candy Hart gave birth to Mani out of wedlock, she's been feeling very insecure with her social position in Widespot. She's trying hard to connect with other moms-to-be (there are six in the hood) - starting a mommy's group through Lana Mann's library and running the daycare at her brother's church. (Rhett Hart may be a sinner, but he's an ordained one.) Once the babies start coming and everyone's secrets start coming out, poor Candy won't feel nearly so insecure.

Btw, the giant heart teddy is Pescado's baby controller, the blue teddy is BO's Need Freak, the toy boat is twojeff's Visitor Controller, and the ceiling fan is Inge's Meeting Controller. Neat, huh?

And, of course, the bulletin board is julsfels OMSP controller.

I wrote a tute for how I do it. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=5402408
Lab Assistant
#3869 Old 7th Jan 2019 at 12:47 AM
I've been playing the premades of Pleasantview rotationally for the past year. So far, I'm on the third generation, the first generation has been pretty steadily dying off (Only Brandi, Cassandra, Jennifer, and Nina are alive, in fact, everyone else has kicked the bucket), while most of the second generation is slowly aging into Elderhood. The third generation is a bit scattered age-wise, but the vast majority of them are teens and older. There's a fourth generation, but that only consists of a single child by a struggling, irresponsible teen mom. Here are some short summaries of what happened to all the premades:

• The Pleasant twins laid their teenage enmity to rest as they grew into Adulthood, but Mary-Sue and Daniel divorced and both never remarried after the affair was discovered, even though Daniel had Kaylynn to fall back on. Now as Elders, the twins are both highly successful, Angela being a College Dean, and Lilith ironically becoming Head of the SCIA. Angela stayed with Dustin and has two teenage kids named Helena and Brendan, while Lilith broke up with Dirk, married Castor Nova, and gave birth to three children: Elodié, Penelope, and Samuel.
  • Dirk broke things off with Lilith in college and wound up marrying Jules O'Mackey. Jules is very close to fulfilling her dream of being a Media Magnate, and Dirk has had a long, storied career as a professional soldier. He's got two kids, Dorothy and David, continuing the proud Dreamer tradition of alliterative appeal.
  • Nina became a notorious crime boss and married Darren Dreamer. She used the ill-gotten wealth from her empire to carve out a relatively lavish life for her husband and her three kids, Delilah, Armando, and Alec, who are all pretending to be oblivious to their family's notorious beginnings. Of the three, Delilah is the only biological child and at college, while Armando and Alec are still living at home. All three kids are avid punk rock music lovers and want to ground a band at university.
  • Cassandra married Don, who turned out to be a surprisingly attentive and affectionate dad to his kids. They have four kids, two girls named Athena and Artemis, and teenaged twin boys named Ares and Apollo. Don's now dead, his oldest is just starting out as an adult, Artemis is in college, and the twins are still living with the now-elderly Cassandra, who retired from her psychic job as soon as she hit Elderhood.
  • Brandi turned out to be bisexual (Thanks ACR!) and fell head over heels for Alexandra Teatherton, whom she later married and adopted a child with, a girl named Lauren. Beau is currently living with his husband Alain (Thanks again, ACR!) and his son Adrien in a modest apartment, right next to his ex-girlfriend Tessa Kosmokos (née Ramirez) (Beau was very adventurous in college, it did not end well.) The unborn baby Broke, named Tyler in this save, has just graduated and moved into his own apartment.
  • Dina and Mortimer married and had two kids, one named Dorian, the other Sera. Dorian and Sera are both in college now, Dorian living with his half-niece Artemis, and Sera in Sorority.

I've just finished a rotational playthrough of the Main Hood and am now working through the college households. There's only 4 households in college right now, but that number will grow as more teens start to leave for university. Right now I've just started off with the newly-refurbished Urele-Hoh-Cham Sorority (Tri-Var died out when Tiffany left decades ago and Tessa's iteration of Urele-Hoh-Cham didn't survive), composed of Sera Goth, who started the rejuvenation project "for fun", Marisa Stacks, Jane's lone adopted child, tagging along for the hell of it, and Elle Beare, Kevin and Martin Beare's daughter, who joined up to meet more new people. To celebrate the rebuilding of the Sorority, the girls threw a Toga party inviting all their college and teenaged friends over (My Sims are lenient, also, moar drama! ) for a bonfire, drinks, and dancing.

It started off pretty uneventful, and everyone got along for the most part. Let me tell you though, even though everything seems really peachy keen on the surface, there's some really bad blood simmering underneath. Ya see, ACR being a thing in my game, my teens have the tendency to run off and cheat on their boyfriends/girlfriends when they're not immediately available, resulting in some downright crazy and amusing situations, including but not limited to: a.) Alec Dreamer (a true playboy romance Sim) cheating on his ex-girlfriend, Beatrice (daughter of Heather and Ashley Pitts), and being squabbled over by two other romance Sims, Cecilia Ruben (Tiffany and Joshua Ruben's daughter) and Miranda Upsnott (Jacob and Miranda Upsnott's daughter), b.) Artemis developing a crush on Elle's brother, Mitch, even though he's dating Penelope, c.) Elodié messing around with Alec AND Mitch (though she then realized messing with Alec was a bad idea) while dating Dorian, and d.) Penelope herself checking out other guys.

The party moved outdoors to the bonfire, where Samuel immediately attacked Armando while I wasn't looking. Everybody who was outside began spectating, except for Sera, who just continued to chill with her sweetheart Helena in the Hottub. Samuel and Armando hate each other, which I figure is because Samuel is "righteously" pissed off at Alec for cheating on Beatrice and takes it mostly out on his brother, who defends him (Armando is older). Funnily enough, Samuel himself is attracted to Beatrice and wants to be with her, though she has sometimes rejected his flirts, probably because she wants some space away from all the boy drama. Alec was inside at the time and stayed completely oblivious to the commotion.

The glorious fisticuffs, pictured

Alec's probably gonna be the one creating the most problems out of all the teens when they reach college. He's got two ladies fighting over him, both romance Sims who will be unlikely to want to form a polyamorous relationship since they hate each other, Penelope has a whooping three bolts with him, and he's also previously flirted around with Penelope's sister. Penelope herself (Pleasure Sim) seems to be hilariously apathetic to the fact that Mitch and Artemis have a thing going (they've flirted in front of her with no reaction!), so she probably doesn't see him as life-partner material and might eventually break up with him - not to mention, three bolts with Alec is a foreboding sign...
Mitch seems kinda indecisive and weirdly douchey seeing as he's also made the moves on Elodié. Funnily enough, he's a popularity Sim.

Oh yeah, there's also a really weird prank epidemic in my game, because all my Sims, townie and playable, will not. Stop. Pranking each other on community lots. It's driving me crazy because it makes everyone hate each other! The worst bit had to be witnessing a trio of elderly townies ganging up on a teenage Marsha Bruenig to ventrilo-fart her constantly. That one was a bit... disturbing.
Theorist
#3870 Old 7th Jan 2019 at 1:08 AM
I had a corruption scare. The Hatfield children (three teens, one child) have lost their parents and the three younger ones are now living with a guardian. The youngest one, Bambie, kept glitching and being teleported home from school whenever her older siblings came home from high school. Thankfully it's apprently a known bug that can happen when fully orphaned, non-adopted teenagers and children live with an adult who isn't a blood relative and there's a fix for it: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=598657

So yeah...Ruby-Ann Hatfield was struck and killed by lightning on her way to work, her husband Ulysses fell overseas alongside Skip Broke, and so the four Hatfield children (Billy, Hank, Lizzie and Bambie) were orphaned, thankfully the oldest three are teens. Unfortunately, due to having only 1 point in niceness and going into aspiration failure, Billy started to beat up his siblings. So I had him "run away" to a hovel in Downtown and moved the younger three into the Military Base under the guardianship of a Flight Officer called Kimberly DuBernay. They are currently getting used to each other.
Also with Jennifer being successful in her lawyer career, John Burb quit his headmaster job and is now a full-time farmer.

And due to me miscalculating the time Olivia Tinker gave birth to her son Ian in the middle of her own house party Quite an event.

Forum Resident
#3871 Old 7th Jan 2019 at 7:49 PM
It's maintenance week for Loste and Maclandon (my only two played hoods at the moment).

In any case, right now, I'm trying to go through my new set of hair and remove all the spurious ages. I hate having to scroll through a zillion adult hair cuts that are coiffed within an inch of their life that look ridiculous on anyone under the age of 15 every time I have a toddler age up, so I'm just removing the ages for hair that I feel like shouldn't be available to the very young, or very old for that matter. My elders don't need shaved sides and neon green, but that said, they also shouldn't be slumpy frumpy and one-foot-in the grave! It's a tricky balance, but I use them to represent older adults (50+) not just the elderly (75+).

I download a lot of styles that I want to see only on kids as well, so I'll be seeing to that this week. For clothes, EVERYTHING seems to end up in the everyday bucket, when a good portion of it belongs solely to outerwear, formal wear, or possibly, underwear. I might just use SimPE to recat everything, but I like the way WW shows you what it is before you do (I download a lot of mixed clothing sets). I'm creeping up towards 5 gig in clothes alone (deep sigh). I've got a big hood to outfit, and there's no where near enough separates and things for kids and teens.
Mad Poster
#3872 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 3:59 AM Last edited by FranH : 10th Jan 2019 at 8:27 PM.
Default Milady protests that her name is wrong!
In Farnham, Lord Hugh Fitzwilliam is pleased to announce the birth of quadruplets to him and his wife, Martha-3 boys and one girl. Lady Fitzwilliam had a rather arduous pregnancy, not helped by a nearly fatal cooking stove mishap, which was only put out by the heroic efforts of the local fire bucket brigade. She went into labor within an hour of their departure, despite the fact that she was exhausted from the event.
Lady Fitzwilliam is also pleased that she will not be required to have any more children. This pregnancy was too much and she won't go through that again for any man!

Michael Thorne, having discovered his accidental pregnancy from aliens, quickly contacted an elder townie who he believed would be helpful to come live with him when he gave birth in order to take care of it. She had developed a huge crush on Michael and agreed to do so.
When she came home from work, she decided to become young again, and more Michael's age. They fell in love and got married after Michael had his daughter Emerald. Everyone is happy: Michael, Jenna and baby Emerald. (who is the same color as her name..) Jenna even sort of likes the little green girl. Maybe if she has a baby Emerald can have a sibling! Who knows, perhaps Jenna will adopt Emerald-but time will tell.

Mad Poster
#3873 Old 10th Jan 2019 at 1:31 PM
Yesterday I finished my Veronaville rotation, with nothing interesting to come from it.
Aemelia Fastolfe had a miscarriage, which was quite sad. I didn't know she was pregnant, but noticed she had a want for a baby. Her husband Romeo isn't really the child-rearing type, so I decided to just see where that took them (ACR) - but just as I was thinking that, she waved at the camera and her belly popped out. I'm not sure what caused her to miscarry, as her hunger was in the green but her energy was in the yellow/orange. I've had pregnant Sims with it in the red before now that have passed out on the floor and have still gone on to have healthy babies.

Over on the old soil farm, work was work - as usual. Abhijeet forgot to feed the pigs, so both passed away. The cows are fine though. Otherwise, all crops are also healthy. Little Aspen Cho was eating an avocado that fell off a tree and Blossom told Harmony that she could pick as many of the crops as she wanted, as her, Abhijeet and Aspen are planning to move elsewhere and start their own organic food store. Blossom is a little disappointed that all her older children have moved out and haven't continued on the nudest 'live off the land' lifestyle she had. Harmony's older sister Moonbeam moved off the farm when she married an old friend of her parents, Jared Starchild. They did live on an empty beach lot for a while, before being kicked off it because I finally had plans for it They live in a trailer park for now but it's small and they have about 10 children together. Harmony's twin sister Peewee moved out last rotation after marrying Ash Delarosa to work in his family's flower shop. When Blossom and William Williamson divorced several years ago, he took his son Windmill (renamed Willy) and moved out. The only one of Blossom's children left on the farm is her son... whose name currently escapes me... still lives with her though. It's going to be quite lonely though, going from a household of 6 to just 2 in 2 rotations.

Over in Strangetown, Luis and Noriko's daughter Joy found herself pregnant. She's mid-way through her teen years so by the time she has the baby she'll be in independent teen, so it's not too much to worry about. Luis is happy, this will be his 7th grandchild, also even though Noriko is technically the step-Mum (Joy is one of triplets with Nina Caliente, Luis's fling after Noriko died but before she was resurrected - Nina kept Ruby and Katrina and raised them as twins, Luis got Joy), as I changed the family flags, it will count as her grandchild too. She's not as bothered though. She's busy being a zombie.

Jack and Brittany (Parker) Smith welcome in their second and third children. Brittany had come home from work with her energy in the red and had a "close call" - I didn't want another miscarriage today so I let her have the twins prematurely. Halley and Oliver were born healthy, although they're currently on feeding tubes as they adjust to life outside the womb. Halley has green skin, blonde hair and blue eyes just like her older sister Parker (can first-born syndrome affect 1 twin? I didn't actually check her personality), whereas Oliver has pale skin, red hair and alien eyes. I'm surprised we've had two blondes so far, seeing as both parents are redheads, and while I know Jack has a blonde allele, I don't believe Brittany does. Ah well, the luck of the draw They're half-way to their goal of 6 children - although both have rolled wants for 10 I think there are enough Smith/Curious families in Strangetown as it is...

Allina Caliente-DeBateau has always had an interest in aliens. Her mother's grandpa was an alien, and she finds that facinating. As a child she spent many nights looking up at the stars above Belladonna Cove, but on her teenage birthday - she got closer than she ever thought she would. She reappared home late at night, and over the course of several days found herself gaining weight and vomiting quite a bit. Yep. She was pregnant! Her family were shocked, and while her father Armand did try to pull some strings, the "No aliens outside of strangetown" law was law. Allina had to say goodbye to the DeBateau Mansion and pack her bags and move to Strangetown on her own. Soon after, she gave birth to Galileo, a beautiful daughter with black hair, alien eyes and green skin (about as alien as they come ). Dina, her mother, hasn't visited yet and isn't really sure how to take the alien granddaughter news. Her older half-brother Bobby visited though and proceeded to insult and poke poor Allina. I wasn't expecting that of Sci-fi nerd Bobby I think to some extent he's just jealous that it was her and not him, I've always hoped he would get abducted and move to Strangetown, but alas that doesn't appear to be his plan.

Field Researcher
#3874 Old 10th Jan 2019 at 7:06 PM Last edited by SparkySays : 10th Jan 2019 at 7:10 PM. Reason: adding a pic because they both just fell on their butts at the same time
Ahahaha omg you guys, I've never really used the obstacle course before, but I just started a barracks full of military sims -- they're fresh out of CAS so none of them have any body points, and I put two of them running the obstacle courses and they keep falling down and grunting really loudly over and over and I'm just dying laughing at them, the poor things!
Screenshots
Scholar
#3875 Old 10th Jan 2019 at 8:39 PM
There has been great rejoicing throughout the Riverblossom Empire at the marriage of Crown Prince David to the Honourable Sandra Roth. The wedding itself was a roaring success, although the bride's brother rather let the side down by spending the entire time on the bubble blower and completely ignoring the ceremony! Following the honeymoon, Prince David distributed alms in the form of one thousand simoleons to each of the empire's orphans (the Newsons, plus the last of the Academic le Tour pre-mades - Marla Biggs, Emily Lee and Tom Freshe).

King Peter celebrated the occasion by pardoning one of the exiles. After careful consideration, he decided that Aaron Atkins was the most deserving of the honour: Tarek Lari had been intending to open a telescope store, surely a clear indication of treason; Jared Spurlock had a juvenile record; and the nanny (whose name I can never remember) had continued to assault people even after her conviction. Aaron had always maintained that he had just been trying to show a new star to his girlfriend, and that he had been taken entirely against his will. There was just one problem: if Aaron was allowed to move to Belladonna Cove, what was to become of his surviving daughter, Riane? On the one hand, she's just a child so surely no threat to the empire; on the other, the king really doesn't want aliens wandering the streets, whatever their situation. Peter finally decided that she should be allowed to live in a Garden (plantsim dwelling), since he has absolute faith in the treaty he signed with Matriarch Rose and knows that she will not learn anything seditious there. So Aaron, with a 9000-simoleon grant from the king to match the alms given out by David, has rented himself a lovely bachelor pad, with a swimming pool and bar in the communal area - everything that he'd really missed about civilization while he was out in the desert. He has a low-level job in the Entertainment career and will probably never rise higher, as it was not possible to remove his convict's tattoo completely and the remaining marks look like a child's 'cat' face-painting! Riane spent one night in the apartment with him, but will soon be invited to Matriarch Rose's Garden, where she will have everything she could possibly need, including being able to go to school at last. (Although Aaron and Riane get along well, he's not much of a parent, so she will probably be better off this way - and of course there's always the phone, and she can still visit him.)

Alexander Collensworth grew up with no obviously alien features, so the family could have moved to Belladonna Cove, but Phil is determined to learn more about the aliens and has decided to stay. The novel-writing wasn't going too well, though, so now that his mum's moved in with them, he's taken a regular job.

Gavin and Ginger Newson both finished high school with a final grade of B+. Gavin has left for university, but Ginger has never shown any interest in that, so she's taken a job in Oceanography for the time being. She and Isaiah Gavigan have a pretty much maxed-out relationship, so as soon as Isaiah turns 18 they will set up home together, and probably start that big family Ginger wants while they're still independent teens.
Page 155 of 349