Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#3901 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 4:25 AM
In Farnham:
Thomas Appleby has discovered that his wife Agnes had an affair with Lord Hugh shortly after the birth of their twins. While he is very bitterly disappointed, and angry at his wife, he did not (as he has the option to do) order her to leave his hearth. Instead, he ignored the infidelity and attempted to act the loving husband to her. She was surprised by this. (as I was..)
However, she is still walking a very thin tightrope, as Lord Hugh dropped by while Thomas was taking a nap and made a few romantic overtures to her, which she did not refuse. She was lucky that Thomas was not awake at the time because she knows his patience is wearing thin for her romantic escapades. But she can't help herself. How can you resist a man with money, power and charm like Lord Hugh from doing so without incurring his wrath?
Agnes simply doesn't know how she's going to balance having a husband and a lover at the same time. She's playing a very dangerous game-one that could result in her being imprisoned and her husband leaving her. She's rather concerned for her own welfare.
In other news Clarice Brocas is now pregnant. It will be her and Andrew's first child.
Ralph and Ellen Fitzalan have both become witches. They don't know what to do with their spell books or cauldrons yet, but they're eager to learn.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Alchemist
#3902 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 6:22 AM
Ooooooooooooooooooo, update!

I had a totally different surprise! I've never bred pets, ever, and hadn't even looked up how, but suddenly, I got a notice saying three new pups are on the way! Wow! I was so shocked I almost missed it, but thank goodness I had practiced that pause button!

And, to top it all off, wow, such an exciting day... drumroll... I have finally succeeded in making my NPC bartender wear the clothes I want! Wow, it's so easy when you know how!

Lab Assistant
#3903 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 4:47 PM
Nathanael and his older sister Jennie went out to the local pub to celebrate Jennie's pregnancy. And the local mogul, Alfred Drake, is in the background ordering a...plane?

Uh oh! The electricity went out, but Nathan's too busy looking at the menu to even notice!

Scholar
#3904 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 6:56 PM
I tried to build my house in the game since I'm on a little break from playing. As usual, I used a foundation as a "step" since we have one of those at the front door and back door & that resulted in a weird shape at the front of the house. Ah well, it looks alright to me. The "landing" on the 2nd floor didn't go as planned and neither did my room (pink & purple) or my brothers.. but other than that it looks OKAY. 1st floor is very different to my actual home. I expanded my kitchen to grant my mum's wish, LOL. The living room and dining room should have been smaller but my bedroom is huge so I had to "go with it". I added a half wall which we don't have but hey-ho, it's a game. LOL. We don't actually have a garden on the side of the house, I actually live in a detached house so I used "imagination" and created a lovely garden for my dad!

I did my best and to be honest, my Simself-family LOVE the house.

Alchemist
#3905 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 2:41 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 22nd Jan 2019 at 3:15 AM.
One of the things I did in my game today - my last day of vacation - I have been using Inge's cat quite a lot, especially on my community lots, and I need it right up front on my lots. I could change the model, of course, as I've done with all the other mods and even wrote a little tutorial on, but I have grown attached to the little cat. I just wanted it to fit into the scene better, so I messed around with the color, texture, and positioning, and I'm quite happy with this. The trashcan is InSim's Selector. So, I can select and turn downtownie (there's no downtown) any walkbys that I don't want in the hood, but enjoy the scene at my bar.

Theorist
#3906 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 2:39 PM
Bella and Mortimer passed on, in the exact same moment, they went out into the winter garden to enjoy the clear, moonlight night, enjoyed each other's company for a last time and then the Grim reaper came to collect them both at the same time. I was afraid this would glitch the hula dancers, since both died with perma plat, but thankfully it didn't.
So the torch has officially passed on the fourth generation of Goths and Bella and Mort's elder son, Magnus is not head of the Goth family and, in turn, unofficial head of the neighbourhood (the Goths are as of right now still an old fashioned, patriarchal family, and Cassanda married into the Landgaraabs, taking their name, so that's why she was passed over in favour of her younger brother).
And a few hours after Mortimer and Bella passed on, Magnus and his wife Emanuelle had their second child; a boy named Phileas, redheaded like his mother, the fifth generation heir and half-way point for this neighbourhood's planned lifespan (knock on wood), since I've been planning to play this neighbourhood until the 10th generation of the Goth family. Their older child is a girl named Helena.

Cassandra also has two children by now with Malcolm Landgraab IV; Bella and Malcolm V, while Alexander is living in my desert sub-hood, Xanadu and has just given birth to his half-alien son; Ajax Goth, later this rotation he will also get married to his fiance (and second cousin) Charlotte Crumplebottom.

The Burbs meanwhile also had their second child, Marlon, and upon Jennifer getting another promotion to international copyright lawyer John wquits his own job as a highschool principal to be come a full-time farmer.

Mary-Sue and her daughters Angela and Lilith are getting along much better with each other these days, Angela and Lilith have even become best friends! This came about because Mary-Sue's and Daniel's divorce caused all three of them to re-evaluate their position in life. Mary-Sue dialed back in her workaholic tendencies and now takes care to spend time with her daughters, and has even returned to making pottery. Angela and Lilith have given up to try to be as different from one another as possible and have allowed their true characters to shine trough. Angela became more relaxed and less focused on performing and pleasing, while Lilith developed quite an ambition in politics and aske dMary-Sue to organize and internship for her. And now that lilith wears less thick makeup, I gotta admit that in this version of Pleasantview (they were born in game, so they aren't identical like in the Canon version), Lilith ended up being the prettier one.

And finally, with the Brokes, Brandi's divorced sister Portia moved in with the family, helping out with the children and allowing Dustin to drop out of the criminal career and find a better job in an office.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Lab Assistant
#3907 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 8:29 PM Last edited by rollingstarr : 23rd Jan 2019 at 9:40 PM.
I began a new Megahood a few weeks ago and no signs of corruption so I'm not worried about getting attached to this hood only for it to essentially blow up. I'm not going to go into a ton of detail, just going to put marriages, deaths, births, etc, since otherwise this would be a wall of text.

Scholar
#3908 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 12:23 AM
In the Prison Hood, the violent ex-nanny was attacked and killed by wild animals. She was a tough old bat, though - it took five smitings to finish her off, and even then Grimmy had to wait in line behind the Therapist.

She'd found a stray cat a couple of days earlier and had sold it to a passerby on the morning of her death; the guy was still around when she died, so he retrieved his money, then buried her and erected a marker over the place before he left. He didn't feel it was his job to send for a Gardener to perform the funerary rites, though, so the ghost of an evil-tempered old woman in a grey dress is doomed to haunt her desert prison forever.

Five smitings was a lot. I think in future I might smite a Sim once when Growled At by a wolf and twice when Chased, and give the tough ones a chance to survive it.
Mad Poster
#3909 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 1:58 AM
In Farnham, play was suspended for a day while I had to replace the downloads folder (I had a back up of course), so now the pixels are back on track, but it appears that they all lost their life savings in Monique's computer because it was not in the replacement folder. Lord Hugh was a lucky man-he keeps all of his money in a separate building attached to his house. He's probably worth about $60,000 without a doubt. Taxes are profitable!
Otherwise, Clarice Brocas had a baby boy on Sunday-Howard Brocas. He is in personality exactly like his father, a Libra with a tendency to admire the ladies a bit too much. Clarice doesn't mind but she'll make sure he grows up to understand that women must be respected.
After all, she's the main bread winner in the house. It was her money from her store front that enabled Andrew to build a second story onto the house. He was kind enough to take over the sales job while she was having a very difficult pregnancy.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Field Researcher
#3910 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 4:01 AM
>cracks knuckles<
Okay so I started a new hood called Milber that I want to do a legacy challenge in. The founder is a very unique faced sim named Almondine Sugar, who's so ugly she's actually pretty adorable, and because she's friendly to all, she got a blind date with an equally unique looking elder named Endre who she has three bolts for, so after one date and a few days, they were compatible enough for him to move in. He brought like 16k with him and has a decent job in the Natural Science field so she focused on being a good housewife, and after a couple days, became pregnant. The pregnancy was okay, nothing major happened other than someone broke in and stole Endre's woodworking bench, but there was a security alarm and they were reimbursed for it. ...Then she had the babies. Triplets. Pepper, Honey, and Basil were thrust upon the world when they had room for maybe two children and they're at an impass because they can't afford to move and turning the patio into another bedroom isn't going to work when their kids turn into children, so I'm having Almondine mommyblog with Monique's computer until they have enough to move.

As I played the Sugar household, a townie named Desdemona Gris kept coming and stealing their newspaper, so I got curious about her and used the town deity to make her playable, and gave her a nice bachelorette pad filled with enough things to keep a mean, serious Knowledge sim happy for the rest of her days, and after the welcome wagon came, she was set up on a blind date with Mindy Hohenwort, my new favorite sim in the whole damn neighborhood. Mindy is nice, knows just about everyone, and is a Professional Party Guest, so when she moved in, I changed her look from Grandma to hipster and now they're married with a child on the way. Mindy keeps rolling wants to have parties herself, so she definitely takes her work home with her and I can't wait to see what their kids look like.

...One friend she has is Frank Irwin, who turned out to be the Mayor of Milber. Naturally, I made him playable and moved him into a nice house, and the sim he brought home with him was a gorgeous sim named Natalia who also happened to be a celebrity chef, so the first family of Milber is made of star power because they also know just about everyone. They seemed absolutely perfect for each other so with some help of the town deity's will, they were married soon after meeting and she brought in 25k, which was saved in the bank for their child, Regina. Natalia had Regina then got pregnant again, so the first family of Milber keeps growing.

A walkby that caught my attention was Gerome Matthieu, who wants to be a Business Tycoon but is Elite Forces at the moment. When I play again, I'm going to start his story. So far I'm thinking that if the personality points align, he'll be pretty miserly with a small, unfinished house and a big bank account so he'll be the richest sim in Milber, but I'll get back to y'all on that.

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Scholar
#3911 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 9:17 AM
Rematra Church had major renovations.
An elevator has been installed allowing access to the building for sims of less mobile ability including an earthen ramp to the basement as it was the only location suitable for major modifications. Three new bathrooms were added in the freed up spaces.
The young parents room was refitted to optimise the seating for the parents so they can both watch the sermons and keep a close eye on their sleeping children.

Brand new carpeting coats the floor of the church and the new tiling adds a fresh touch to the worn pre existing utilities.

Sadly the graves are in such a state of disorganization that Santana Contender was unable to locate ethier of his father's or grandfather's tombstones among the 178 that fill the graveyard.
Mad Poster
#3912 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 11:57 AM
Jonah Powers became a father (again) and a Grandfather in one rotation!

First, his grandson Dale was born to his oldest son Axel. Axel, and one-night-stand Daphne Dreamer are both still teenagers. Axel (and additionally Jonah) isn't yet aware of little Dale's existance. I'm not sure if Daphne is going to see Axel again or if it really was a one time thing. She did gain a crush on him, but hasn't rolled any wants over him since, but instead on one of the Tinker triplets. The Tinkers and Dreamers are all quite close though already, with Dirk marrying Melodie (creating the Dreamer-Tinker Triplets) and then Janie (one of the Tinker's Triplets) and Darius (one of the Dreamer's triplets) dating. I don't really need to get those two families more entangled. Daphne was originally going to move out on her own now she's 18 (independent teen) but due to the baby, she needs the extra help - so she still lives with her parents (Darren & Brandi) and younger brothers Drake & DJ (Darren Jr.). She's actually the only female of Darren & Brandi's 11 children - so I was really hoping she would have a daughter, but sadly not.

Over in the condos, Sharla Goodie (Nee Ottomas) gave birth to a little girl - Raylee Goodie. Now, my brain is mush these past few months from my own pregnancy, so for the life of me I couldn't remember who the baby's dad was - but judging by the shock of red hair and light blue eyes, it clearly wasn't Sharla's husband (who has been stationed in Strangetown for 10 years now with minimal visits from Sharla). That's when Sharla rolled a want to call Jonah up... and then I remembered. Checked the family tree and I was correct. Jonah is a father again. Sharla had twins ages ago (They became teens last rotaton) with Jared Starchild and immediately put them up for adoption so her husband, Artie Goodie (The Goodie's oldest son) wouldn't know, but I'm not sure about the fate of Raylee. She's pretty sure the Dad is Jonah, so maybe shipping the baby off to him could be entertaining... but at the same time.... Jonah is about to become a grandfather again, seeing as his oldest daughter Storm is also pregnant (and not old enough to move out on her own!).

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#3913 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 6:19 PM
The Viejo lot is giving me the creeps. With two gravestones, I'm getting the full-blown horror-movie sound track - wind, high-pitched whistling, weird music, howling that sounds more like werewolves than regular wolves, and even vicious snarling noises that sound as though there are beasts right there on the lot, when really the only animal there is sweet-tempered Charlie Crittur. It doesn't help that, despite the services of an NPC gardener, the yard is a mess of weeds and overgrown bushes, with piles of leaves everywhere.

Gardener Cactus has moved in to perform the funerary rites, but the dead cannot Transition to the graveyard until their souls have been freed from their bodies, so there are at least two more nights to go before Miss Catherine has any possibility of being taken to her final resting place. If the Freeing of the Soul does not take place within a certain timeline (four nights after death), Cactus will kick the gravestone an hour or so before dawn in an attempt to force the separation, but until then . . . creepiness. He is working on tidying up the yard, though.

The Hon. Xander Roth doesn't much like the place, either, and had a long chat with Cactus about whether Matriarch Rose would give him planning permission to tear the old manor down once his parents are gone, and rebuild something more modern and practical. Cactus assured him that the Matriarch would probably welcome the idea (actually, he's so sure his mother would like to see the back of that monstrosity, he quietly didn't mention that Xander's intended bride, Princess Sharla, would have the right to build a new home on a new lot if she so wished).

Xander left for college that evening, and has made himself comfortable in the Royal Dorm. He has plenty of money in the bank, so after his first semester he will pretty much have his choice of private campus housing - everything except the Royal Hacienda, whose three rooms are reserved for Sharla, Tommy, and Tommy's intended bride, who at the moment seems likely to be Gabriella Newson.
Alchemist
#3914 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 9:48 PM
Humble's like, "Dude, no, no more gifts!"

Field Researcher
#3915 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 5:49 AM
oof okay so I played the Hohenwort house and their son Charles was born. Desdemona was busy studying mechanical manuals while Mindy was giving birth upstairs, but she's been a good mom so far. My system of diaper change > play with > feed > cuddle > cuddle >put back in crib worked for the Sugar house and it works for this one as well. Charles is still a couple days away from toddler and he's friends with both his mommies.

Then there's the Sugars. Basil has a face best seen to believe that's both tragic and endearing, but because this is a prettacy, he's already ineligible. Pepper is cute and nice so he's still in the running along with the last triplet Honey. Almondine got pregnant again, this time twins. Cinnamon and Cardamom were easy babies and Endre paid attention to ask his children. When he wasn't working hard for his promotions, he was teaching his children how to walk, talk, and potty. He especially loved Cinnamon and played with her constantly through her baby and toddler years. Unfortunately, Cinnamon is uh... well she got the short end of the looks stick for sure lmao. Endre knew his time was almost up so he worked hard to get fit, which was a want reaching back to when he first dated Almondine, and wanted to help his children with their homework, and spent time with each one showing them how to study like he did when he was a child. As he was teaching Basil how to remember his times tables though, the Reaper came to call him to the afterlife.

Everyone but Cardamom witnessed the most beloved person in their family go. Three children had it as their fear, as did Almondine. Pandemonium ensued, with everyone wailing, aspiration failures ruled, and for hours after the event, each child mourned their dad. However, even though this was the worst day of their young lives, Endre left each of them like 8k and Almondine 20k so they won't have to worry snot money for a very long time. Almondine herself still wants a baby so she's back on the market, and there's already a prospect, but I'm taking this slow because I'm getting over Endre's death too. He was a great father that cared deeply for all his children and beloved by all he met ðŸ˜*

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Field Researcher
#3916 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 10:43 AM
Well, I'm making yet another new hood. Premades again, including the TS1 sims I did up in CAS awhile back. This time, since I plan to have 3 subhoods and they will be sharing, I made new terrains that have 2 sections each. One section for each hood. I couldn't always fit all the roads but I made it all work. ST & BDC (desert), VV & RBH (dirt), DV & BWV (lush). PV is the basehood (lush), with a section for the TS1 households. If I add the bin households, they will get scattered around.
Screenshots
Scholar
#3917 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 4:53 PM
The last time I updated you guys on my Uberhood, I reached Veronaville (Subhood 3 of my Uberhood) Rotation 1/2. A LOT has happened since then. Completed Rotation 3 (Seasonal Rotation). I'll tell you all of the major/dramatic events that has happened in the Uberhood! Starting from Belladonna Cove to Pleasantview!

Theorist
#3918 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 1:40 PM
After Bella and Mortimer's deaths I expanded the Goth Mansion. To explain, in my Beginning Of... Neighbourhood they already lived in a larger house than the canon version, which I modelled after the Sims 3 version (complete with giant winter garden) over the the generations from Victor to Mortimer I added bits here and there, like a swimming pool and so forth.

Both after Magnus took over as head of the family I decided I needed to expand it into a *true* mansion. So I demolished the winter garden (which was superfluous and only created more workload for the poor gardener) and instead pretty much doubled the floor space by mirroring the front of the house in the back. The new Goth mansion now has 20 rooms on 3 floors including a stately dining room seating 8, a large piano parlour (with a smol winter garden of potted exotic plants attached) a TV room, a large rec room/bar for entertaining business partners, a hobby/family room, an entertainment center, a library and a gym housed in a small extra building.
Next Cassandra and Malcolm Landgraab will be expanding their house and Alexander and Charlotte (nee Crumplebottom) will be some time after that, with the problem being that relative to Alexander's siblings, he's a bit short on cash.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#3919 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 8:11 PM
I now have 8 hoods going. I keep finding new ones (mostly populated, with a story). I get all involved, then get sidetracked in a new hood...sometimes just to try out some new torture I mean story...than forget what I so involved in with the other hoods. So I am constantly deleting hoods and starting new ones. Sometimes I resolve to play in some new way, but I always seem to be making babies. It's so fun to see what I will get, and how they will turn out. Then when they turn into teens (or even earlier) I get bored with them.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#3920 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 8:52 PM
Same here except I don't usually delete old 'hoods. I just squirrel them away in a backup folder somewhere and promise the sims who live there that I will get back to them someday... and then get distracted by yet another shiny new 'hood.

I finally got around to putting the neighborhood for Pax Veronaville back in my game. I'm hoping that I remember enough of what I was doing to try and continue the story sometime this year. (cross fingers, knock wood)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3921 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I just squirrel them away in a backup folder somewhere and promise the sims who live there that I will get back to them someday...

Did you ever see that Star Trek episode where they put a self-aware holodeck character into a computer that kept running, so that he could continue his life? I wish I had one of those for my old neighbourhoods, so that the sims can carry out their little lives without me.
Lab Assistant
#3922 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 10:11 PM
I can't delete old hoods. I will miss them, badly. I lost a hood I was 8 generations into when I got a new computer since I wanted to start from zero when it came to CC etc and so I figured I wouldn't bring it over, but I haven't forgiven myself for that, regardless of the fact that it was partly corrupted and I had got bored with it anyway.
Mad Poster
#3923 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Did you ever see that Star Trek episode where they put a self-aware holodeck character into a computer that kept running, so that he could continue his life? I wish I had one of those for my old neighbourhoods, so that the sims can carry out their little lives without me.

That's something that I've wished for in the game-an actual holodeck or transporter deck. So the pixels could go back in time to another era and become one of that era.

Alchemist
#3924 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 11:02 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 29th Jan 2019 at 11:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
That's something that I've wished for in the game-an actual holodeck or transporter deck. So the pixels could go back in time to another era and become one of that era.

I kind of think of my sims as doing that. I sorta leave them "ensconced" in some situation that I don't necessarily play again, like I might send a person with a mental breakdown on permanent vacation in a destination hood and then just never go get them to come home. McKenzie Straight was on a 7 day vacation for months till I figured out how to fix her borkedness. I once had to produce a toddler for a prequel story that I didn't want to stay in the hood, so she became the "child actor who played X" and went back to live with her "real parents" in a downtown apartment because I never play downtown ever. I'm sure she's doing well there.
Scholar
#3925 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 5:52 AM
From Academie le Tour

Gavin Newson looked despondently at his bank account. There was no way he could ever raise enough money to finish a four-year degree; he was pretty sure he couldn't even fund the two-year diploma. But he knew he had to try, so off he went to the cafeteria. This time, though, the cook didn't just hand him an apron. "This job is all very fine if you just want to buy some new clothes," she said, "but if you'll never pay tuition with it. You should try writing for the student newspaper. It pays much better, and you get skills credit, too." So now Gavin has a System. He checks which skills he needs for the semester, and starts by writing articles that will gain him credit in those skills. Then he does a couple of assignments, and spends the rest of the semester writing short stories for the paper, since Creativity is his strongest skill and the one that earns him the most money. It's going to take a lot of hard work, but at least now he feels he has a chance.

Marla, Emily and Tom received notice from their landlord that they needed to move out, as their house was subject to a demolition order. Given all the things that kept going wrong, they really weren't surprised. The landlord allowed them to take all the furnishings with them, and they went back to the Registration building to sort out some new accommodation. They were offered one of the larger two-bedroomed houses to share, but Tom and Emily were becoming an Item and Marla was feeling increasingly surplus to their household. After a lot of talking around the point, with everyone trying to say what they wanted without upsetting anybody else, it was finally decided that Tom and Emily would take the larger house and Marla would take the townhouse Jules O'Mackey had just vacated. Now Marla can study in peace, while Tom and Emily can take their relationship to the next level.

Princess Sharla and the Hon. Xander Roth completed their first semester in the Royal Dorm and moved to the Royal Hacienda. Xander had originally been going to find a place of his own, but Sharla pointed out that it would be a while before Tommy and his girlfriend finished school, so Xander might as well enjoy the Hacienda for a bit.

Mitch and Delilah Indie had a little boy, Fife, and moved out of Delilah's tiny townhouse into the two-bedroom bungalow across the road. Delilah did a lot of decorating, and the rooms are now sunny yellow instead of boring beige. She was given an extra three days of maternity leave and can continue to study during that time, but I don't think she's going to finish her PhD.

Justin Cleveland completed his sophomore year with a GPA of 3.8, so the military agreed to fund the remaining two years of his degree. He moved out of his dorm and took a townhouse next door to Marla.

Max Flexor, who graduated a while ago and is now resident in Belladonna Cove, invited dormie Marylena Enriques to move in with him. She took a job as a construction supervisor and hopes to become a town planner one day.
Page 157 of 351