Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 2:26 AM
Default Wrong Sims show up to work at restaurant
Has anyone else had this issue?

I've gone through my CC and mods folders and have been pulling my hair out over this for the last week.

Basically I'll hire a host, waiter, and chef for my newly built restaurant. The waiter and host will show up, but I'll have a random townie for my chef (and mixologist). I can manage them including paying for training and even firing them. If I fire them, new townies show up the next day* (edit: the next time the restaurant opens). I've tried inviting my actual employee to the restaurant lot but they don't have the manage options and they won't work once I remove them from the group. I've also tried removing all townies from the game but the game generates new townies to fill the chef slot next time the restaurant opens for work.

Anyone have any ideas as to what this could be? It seems like my hired sims aren't available to work and are being replaced with townies, but I'm not sure if this is a feature of the vanilla game or a residual issue from CC.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 3:38 AM
I am having the same issue. For some odd reason, it's always the chef.

Visit my simblr for sims 4 mods and more &
My simstagram =(^_^)=
Banned
#3 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 12:40 AM
I am currently having this same issue and I see a bunch of old threads like this one about it, but not one has a resolution to the issue. I've tried everything. Worst yet, is I can't even use MCCC on the random chef and firing him does nothing. I've had to resort to using cheats to add them to my family and this removes them as chef. Problem is, a new random one shows back up. I tried to repeat this a bunch in hopes my ACTUAL chef will show up, but no luck. I removed mods, sold the restaurant, open and closed it. Everything. Very strange.
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th May 2020 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MemoryOfAxel
Has anyone else had this issue?

I've gone through my CC and mods folders and have been pulling my hair out over this for the last week.

Basically I'll hire a host, waiter, and chef for my newly built restaurant. The waiter and host will show up, but I'll have a random townie for my chef (and mixologist). I can manage them including paying for training and even firing them. If I fire them, new townies show up the next day* (edit: the next time the restaurant opens). I've tried inviting my actual employee to the restaurant lot but they don't have the manage options and they won't work once I remove them from the group. I've also tried removing all townies from the game but the game generates new townies to fill the chef slot next time the restaurant opens for work.

Anyone have any ideas as to what this could be? It seems like my hired sims aren't available to work and are being replaced with townies, but I'm not sure if this is a feature of the vanilla game or a residual issue from CC.

Did you find a solution to this? I am experiencing the same issue
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th May 2020 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NekoMimi
I am having the same issue. For some odd reason, it's always the chef.

Did you find a solution?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th May 2020 at 1:32 PM
You can try out this mod: https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...mily-members-at

It worked for me once.

Other than that, there's probably no other solution . . . yet.
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Oct 2021 at 4:39 PM
I've just had the same issue now.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 1st Oct 2021 at 6:20 PM
There is a bug report that perhaps includes this issue, here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...nt/td-p/6778984

Click Me Too and post in the thread, the developers/SimGurus just now, after two years, state officially that they are working on it. Creating fuss is all that countsto to get attention to particular issues and getting them fixed.

There are a couple of workarounds in the thread.

You can also post in this thread, it might get merged together with the other one, by the players managing the bug forum:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...t/td-p/10701181