Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 11:15 AM Last edited by iitropical : 26th Nov 2019 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Added Gen. 6
The World Ends Today Legacy Challenge
Side note: This legacy has not been tested, it isn’t finished either. Check back for updates!!

Expansion Packs
Get to Work (not required, but better for gameplay)
Cats & Dogs (not required)

Mods
I highly recommend Wolfdude's Alcohol Mod but it is not required.

you do not have to follow all of the normal legacy challenge rules. It's up to you to decide who your heir is.

info: Your starter sim aspires to be a scientist, he/she pursues a career as a scientist or tech guru. They fail many experiments leading to corruption. The corruption causes the sim to do bad things. He/she ends up turning into an "evil scientist" and recruits other evil scientists. This can be changed in your version of the challenge, but it always results in evil scientists failing experiments.

Starting out:
Make your sim however you would like (but it must be high-tech themed.) for generation one. They should be teen. NO SCHOOL. 50 x 50 plot. ctrl + shift + c (the cheat window)testingcheats true, money 2000. Make a small house one bedroom, one bath (well be extended in the future generations). no decorations, just the neccesities. No rugs, only one window, one door.

General Challenge Rules:
- The first generation is a teen, but does not attend school.
- CC is allowed (and heavily encouraged.)
- No cheats other than the beginning cheat!!
- CC is allowed
- If you don’t complete one of the goals for the generation, you lose the challenge.
- Make sure you have a heir!!

Generation One: Modern-Society
- can be male or female

“My parents died when I was young, but society took me in, the least I can do is help it thrive.”

Society is at it’s peak, new technology created every day. Your sim aspires to be a famous scientist to help society grow. The influence eventually goes to their head and they ruin their life.

Traits: Genius, Perfectionist, Snob
Aspiration: Fortune: Fabulously Wealthy
Career: Scientist or Tech Guru

Goals:
- Reach the highest level of the scientist *if you have get to work* if you don’t have get to work, then tech guru. MUST BE DONE AS A YOUNG ADULT.
- Complete your aspiration
- After you’re at your highest level, start to fluke on your job and become poor.
- Eventually quit your job.
- Spouse must have the family-oriented or good trait. (preferably both).
- Get married, have one or two kids.
- Get divorced
- Become sad 6 times

Optional Goals:
- Gain an enemy (must be a colleague)
- if you have two kids, have one somehow die.
- have low romance with spouse while married.
- die as an adult (after all goals are complete).

Generation Two: The Beginning of The End.
- can be male or female

“My (mother or father) became corrupted due to wealth. Because of them, the world has gone into chaos, the only thing I can do is hide now.”

Traits: Non-committal, Loner, any
Aspiration: Nature: any of the branches.
Career: N/A must live off of the land

Goals
- After their parents death, they must move in with their other parent (the one that is good) if they are alive.
- Once the remaining parent dies, or if they are already dead, gen. 2 has to live in an empty plot, the smallest one in the town they are in.
- They cannot leave their plot, get a job, or go to school. They must live off of the land.
- Get to the highest level in gardening.
- Once a young adult, find a suitable partner
- Have children
- Have the spouse die in a depressing way

Optional Goals:
- Have twins
- Die as an elder
- Get to painting level 5

Generation Three: Secrets
- can be male or female

“All my family did was hide, all I wanted to do was explore, but they wouldn't allow me, I resented, now is my time.”

Traits: Any, but preferably loner as one.
Aspiration: Knowledge: Renaissance Sim
Career: Astronaut or Secret Agent

Goals
- Have low friendship with parents.
- Get to lvl 10 of career.
- Marry someone with the Popularity aspiration.
- Get to (at least) level 5 of rocket science. Unless they are not an astronaut
- Have 3 kids.
- Travel to space 10-14 times.

Optional Goals:
- (If you have cats & dogs) get a pet and train it.
- (cats and dogs again.) get to level 5 in pet training.
- Adopt a son or daughter (and let them be heir) they can be part of the 3 kids or not, it's up to you!

Generation Four: Civilization Reborn
- can be male or female

“My family loved exploring, but I preferred to stay home and cook.”

Traits: Your choice
Aspiration: Food: Any Branch
Career: Chef

Goals
- Cook so much that you get to level 10 of the cooking skill.
- Complete aspiration
- Marriage is optional (but you must have children)
- Must have at least 1 child

Optional Goals:
- Have a pet cat or dog so you can make pet foods.[cats and dogs needed]
- can be male or female

Generation Five: Repeating History
- can be male or female

“After looking through your family history, you relished in how evil your ancestor (the original sim) was. You always had an eye for evil and decided to follow in their footsteps.”

Traits: Self-Assured, Evil, Any
Aspiration: Deviance: Public Enemy
Career: Scientist or Tech Guru

Goals
- Complete 5 evil deeds (can be anything from the mischief category)
- Rub off your evilness onto only one of your children after you unsuccessfully make them all evil, the evil one must be the heir
- Have more than two children, this is necessary for you to build your "army" of evil-doers
- Be rude to your spouse and your children to the point that they have a negative friendship towards you

Optional Goals:
- N/A

Generation Six: Deviance
- can be male or female

“Your parents never really got along, you never really got along with your siblings. Maybe that was for a reason.”

Traits: Mean, Any
Aspiration: Deviance: Public Enemy
Career: Scientist or Tech Guru (like parent)

Goals
- Be best friends with evil parent.
- Have low friendship with siblings.
- Marry someone with evil or mean trait; you want to create a dynasty of evildoers.
- Have one "angel" child. The child who always did good whether you liked it or not.
- Angel child is heir so choose wisely.

Optional Goals:
- N/A
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th May 2019 at 4:15 PM
Hey guys– The World Ends Today Legacy Challenge creator here! I know that so far this doesn't make particular sense (the name), but once I finish creating each generation I promise that you'll love it! What're your favorite generations so far? Please let me know! Any suggestions? Message me right away, I absolutely love feedback! Thanks.

xoxo iitropical
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Nov 2019 at 10:59 PM
wowee - I completely forgot to update this!! I just finished it on my tumblr so you can take a look there. anywho. the challenge is finished! ill update this whenever i get the chance!!

xoxo iitropical