Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 10:53 PM
Default Possible mod interaction caused this please help!
Well since my last plea for help fell on deaf ears I'm going to repost this with some rewording in case what I said originally was confusing (sorry if It was btw)

So anyway I recently installed Season and decided to mod up my game a little to make some future YouTube videos a bit more interesting, I already had WickedWhims installed as well as Basemental and after installing I received a few notifications from WickedWhims saying that there was a mod problem not directly linked to WickedWhims and that it was letting me know, So I decided to update basemental and WickedWhims to their latest version as well as add MC Command and Extreme Violence to make things a bit more interesting, Well I reload my game and I see the problem that occurred in the pictures below, Now I was able to combat this by disabling mods and then exiting the game to remove some of the mods and see if it works (not saving each to make sure this wouldn't stay) well after removing all my mods and the problem still occuring with mods enabled I decided to keep my mods disabled, later I went back in to try to finish sorting out this problem however I accidently hit save with mods enabled and now the bug in the pictures below became permanenet, even turning mods off again won't fix it! Long story short is there anything that I can do to fix this I don't wanna reload my backups since they are outdated by 2 months and I've done a lot within those 2 months and also does anyone know how this happened? Like which mod caused this?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 11:16 PM
It's hard to say which mod is causing the problem. You'll have to do the elimination method. Take out all mods and add one back at a time, load up the game and see if the problem still persists. I have had WickedWhims say the same things to me and it turns out that deleting all the animations I downloaded for WhickedWhims and updating them is what fixed it for me. Good luck!

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 1:00 AM
Unfortuneatly I have already tried taking all the mods out and putting em back in and its still presisting mainly because I saved all the data
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 1:13 AM
It's basically acting like no sims exist in my game at all and it's really frustrating like it's saying the households names and everything but they can't be loaded nor can they even be identified, I've tried editing them in CAS but another sim pops up like I just opened CAS to create another household which is so weird
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 1:14 AM
Can anyone else please help
Field Researcher
#6 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 5:42 PM
backup your Sims 4 folder somewhere else on your computer and delete the entire folder from the Electronic Arts folder in your Documents. Boot up your game, play around and see if your issue is fixed. You won't have any of your households, saves or mods but it should fix the issue and then you can add in your saved games and mods slowly. I've done this many times to fix problems in my game without having to uninstall and reinstall the game. You also don't lose anything as you can just add your saved files back into the new directory folder.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle