Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 11:32 AM
Default Does anyone else have a corrupt rodent cage?
This is very strange. A bit grating, too. I can't seem to get rid of the rodent cage. Deleting it or even moving it to the household inventory crashes the game; time stops and I can't click on anything, Sims will move and the audio will go on but they won't do anything, just continue in their little loops. It's specifically the rodent cage that does this. I attempted releasing the rodent before deleting, but the wheel kept spinning and the game crashed all the same when I deleted it. I have to force quit the game cuz I can't even exit it normally.
Does anyone know a way around this for now or do I just need to wait for a patch that'll fix it? The thing is, my Sims seem to kinda goof up when interacting with the cage too so I don't feel comfortable keeping it around. I've only found one other thread on the EA site that talks about this, and there's no solution to it. I think the December patch broke it or something.
Would love to confirm if this is a common issue?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 12:25 PM
Did you read the thread over on Answers HQ about this problem? There was a theory floating around that it had something to do with babies or toddlers on the lot. I think? I deleted one of the cages from one of my lots recently, but I was working with an empty house no one lives in yet and I didn't run into any issues. I'm playing it safe for now though and not playing my households that do have an active rodent cage on the lot though. Better safe than sorry. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 12:32 PM Last edited by pova : 5th Jan 2019 at 2:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
Did you read the thread over on Answers HQ about this problem? There was a theory floating around that it had something to do with babies or toddlers on the lot. I think? I deleted one of the cages from one of my lots recently, but I was working with an empty house no one lives in yet and I didn't run into any issues. I'm playing it safe for now though and not playing my households that do have an active rodent cage on the lot though. Better safe than sorry. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

I don't have toddlers, just one child and a teenager. I'll try to send them out and see if it makes a difference. Will edit with my findings.

EDIT:
me force quitting my game for the 10th time:

guess i'm just stuck having this rat holding me hostage until further notice
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pova
I don't have toddlers, just one child and a teenager. I'll try to send them out and see if it makes a difference. Will edit with my findings.

EDIT:
me force quitting my game for the 10th time:

guess i'm just stuck having this rat holding me hostage until further notice

Oh no! That's terrible!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 10th Jan 2019 at 1:36 AM
My sim had a rodent pet and it died and my game broke because of it. Took a lot of tweaking to fix it but eventually I did. I haven't bought another rodent since!

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle