Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 9:58 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Grim Reaper added itself to household
I really don't know if my game is corrupted or what is going on, but recently something slightly awkward happened.

I was playing the Goth house, and when the last Sim in the house died, he made itself unselectable and Grim Reaper was automatically added to the household. It was strange and I wonder if this is normal gameplay or if my game is corrupted.

Grimmie is still there, and actually it's the only selectable Sim in the household. Can't do anything, though, and it's just like...stuck, there.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 10:10 PM
If he is genuinely added to the household, selectable and playable then unless your installation is read-only protected yes your game is cactus. If you are on the UC I think you should be able to fix it in Origin.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
If he is genuinely added to the household, selectable and playable then unless your installation is read-only protected yes your game is cactus. If you are on the UC I think you should be able to fix it in Origin.

Actually, yes, the game made it playable.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 10:31 PM
yeah well you can't have universal sims playable, they are not actually sims but objects from the installation files. As I said either repair in origin or if all your object package files have been set to read-only it should be okay if you exit without saving. if not you will need to reinstall. Making universals selectable is one of the few actions that will fry your installation files.

After exiting if you can have that last Goth sim back alive, move in a placeholder so next time he dies he isn't alone. What should happen is that grim should go watch some TV and then leave but at no time should he be selectable.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~