Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 6:52 PM Last edited by Anhaeyn : 14th Jan 2019 at 8:02 PM.
Default (for now solved) Clothing/invisible sims glitch causing infinite loading screens.
Hi. After I switched to new, a bit better PC around christmas, I installled the game on new PC, also downloaded some of CC and mods. Everything is up to date and I have no problems with any of these stuff. And game runs pretty smooth (and with barely any lags) on current graphics settings. But I noticed some weird bug happening from time to time, I probably would ignore it if it wasn't pretty much gamebreaking.
Sometimes when my sims change clothes, they appear wearing their previous clothes which they were wearing at the moment when bug has started. And when I tell them to change their clothes (for example to everyday), window with all clothing shows they are wearing already everyday clothing, but sim is actually wearing that old clothing (even their miniatures show that they're wearing everyday clothing). This bug also makes new spawned sims to be invisible. If I save the game with this bug happening or start any loading screen with that bugged family involved (entering CAS, traveling) then it stucks and no matter how long I'm waiting, loading screen never ends, so I have to close the game with task manager, because I'm unable to do anything.
Is this some game's new bug (I wasn't playing sims 4 for like 2-3 months maybe, returned to game in January this year) or problem is with hardware?
I was googling bug like this before I've posted here but I've found nothing like mine bug.
And reseting sims doesn't helps.
@edit:
I will also mention, that I never had this glitch when I've played the game on my old laptop, where gameplay was much worse and was constantly laggy.

My specs:
graphic card: nvidia geforce gt 730
processor: Procesor AMD A10-7800, 3.5GHz,
4 gb ram
Windows 10 pro 64 bit
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 1:19 PM
Bumping
Scholar
#3 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 4:42 PM
You'll have better luck in the general support room at MCCC discord channel
but adding some screenshots might help.. as your issue isn't clear enough (at least for me it isn't)

https://discord.gg/h6GkGyd
Forum Resident
#4 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 10:23 PM
I had some frustrations with my new laptop as well, and I found a few things helped:

making sure windows is up-to-date. My sims games would crash until windows magically updated (it took a day)
refreshing folders. A save I had corrupted and it was originally a no-cc save which I played and added to. Maxis recolors (but not other CC) (!!) STOPPED WORKING (!!) weird.

sometimes with these weird glitches you have to do the basics AND think outside the box.

graphics drivers updated?
cleared cache?
storage on your c: drive good?

and no errant files in folders they should not be in?
good luck. please let us know if you fixed it and how. MCCC discord can be helpful, but I was told to run batch fixes when the EA recolors wouldn't work, and that wasn't really helpful. More often than not, I have to fix my problem myself.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
I had some frustrations with my new laptop as well, and I found a few things helped:

making sure windows is up-to-date. My sims games would crash until windows magically updated (it took a day)
refreshing folders. A save I had corrupted and it was originally a no-cc save which I played and added to. Maxis recolors (but not other CC) (!!) STOPPED WORKING (!!) weird.

sometimes with these weird glitches you have to do the basics AND think outside the box.

graphics drivers updated?
cleared cache?
storage on your c: drive good?

and no errant files in folders they should not be in?
good luck. please let us know if you fixed it and how. MCCC discord can be helpful, but I was told to run batch fixes when the EA recolors wouldn't work, and that wasn't really helpful. More often than not, I have to fix my problem myself.

Yeah, everything is up to date.
Cache im constantly clearing.
Storage on my c: drive is good too.

What do you mean by errant files?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
Yeah, everything is up to date.
Cache im constantly clearing.
Storage on my c: drive is good too.

What do you mean by errant files?

like a save file in the tray folder or vice versa, or maybe a random file for ts2 or 3 (I go on sprees, I am insane, I know) - something that isn't where it is supposed to be. Have you also tried running sims 4 as an admin or using the troubleshoot feature with windows?

Have you had any luck with anyone on MCCC?
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
like a save file in the tray folder or vice versa, or maybe a random file for ts2 or 3 (I go on sprees, I am insane, I know) - something that isn't where it is supposed to be. Have you also tried running sims 4 as an admin or using the troubleshoot feature with windows?

Have you had any luck with anyone on MCCC?

I'm 100% there's no ts2 or 3 files, and nope, no save files in tray folder or tray files in saves folder. I'm not touching these files, so I'm sure.
I'll try running the game as admin.

Not yet. I'll try there if I will not fix the game with help from here.
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 7:59 PM Last edited by Anhaeyn : 14th Jan 2019 at 8:57 PM.
Alright, I think it is fixed? I've lost my save I was playing, but I tried to recreate the bug on new save. As far as I remember, bug liked to happen when I was traveling with my celebrity sims to community lots, after some time spent there, the bug was most likely occuring. So I started new game, made a sim, cheated the way to make it 5 star celebrity, so npc sims would swarm around them like in my previous saves which I lost. Also I added 2 more npc sims and made them celebrities too, I spent few days on community lots, doing a lot of interactions including fans etc, also, I was telling sims to change clothes often to see if the bug occured. Nothing. Also no invisible sim spawned.
What I did outside game?
- ran the game as admin
- used troubleshooting feature with windows (also ran it with win 8 compatibility as it was suggested in windows troubleshooting )
- deleted caches (im doing it anyway when deleting some mods etc)
- batch fixed cc clothing, shoes and accessories with Sims 4 studio, also fixed clothing with almost every possible fix and update s4s provided

Also, yesterday when I was playing a bit with CAS and was creating a sim, I noticed something.
I have some cc with defined body parts like breasts, butt. Also I had some custom sliders and custom body presets and I noticed something weird happening when I was trying to choose perfect body shape for sim. With every next body shape I clicked, my sim's body was getting more broken? Blurred, textures were getting messier and messier (even when I was choosing default body presets which EA provided). So I've deleted also these custom body presets and when I was creating new sim without these presets, body textures were totally fine. Not really sure if it was the reason for glitch above, but who knows.
Also I've deleted less musical chairs mod (updated by LitteMsSam), as sims in my previous, lost saves were interacting with other sims (fans to be specific) when bug was happening, soo just in case I deleted that too.

So, for now I can call it solved. If bug will happen again, I'll update this post then. Thanks for help.
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 1:27 AM
Sorry for bringing this post back after 6 months, but some time ago I found the actual reason for this glitch. I had it many times after leaving this thread, and after I've deleted kawaiistacie's Slice of Life mod, this bug never occured again.