Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 1:22 AM
I never thought about it - but I think you might be right. That the Goths are the only family to show up in all 3 sims games. A lot of the relatives of sims 1 show up in sims 3. Sims 2 seems to have different families, except for the Goths. I always liked them, especially Bella, although she's Pretty ugly in sims 3. But then they all are (Maybe it's Cassandra Goth).
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 2:13 AM
Sims 2 has lots of people from The Sims besides the Goths. The Pleasant children, Daniel and Jennifer are there. Daniel has a family of his own with newcommer MarySue Oldie and Jennifer married little Johnny Burb. Michael Bachelor appears as the dearly departed husband of Dina Caliente. Ginia Kat's niece came with Pets along with three cats (that I always assumed she got from Ginia). And, of course there's the mysterious and dramatic story of Bob and Betty Newbie's daughter Brandi. The ones that didn't appear are Claire Charming, the Hicks, the roomies, and the Mashugas.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 2:31 AM
Oh I forgot about the Pleasants but you are totally right! Now I remember , there's Daniel, his wife Mary-Sue, and the twin daughters. Daniel Always cheated with the maid! Are you talking about "Brandi Broke" was she Bob and Betty Newbie's daughter? I didn't even know that! I didn't know Michael Bachelor was Dina Caliente's departed husband either! But then I mainly played Strangetown. They ought to reincarnate or bring back some of the Strangetown family lines for sims 4.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 11:17 AM
That would be awesome. Sometimes, to find the connections, you have to look in the family histories. Yes, Brandi Broke was the Newbie's daughter. Mostly, the characters from Sims 1 are part of the past of the people of Pleasantville. I love how they created back stories and I agree with you, it would be great to see more connections. If you mostly played Strangetown you probably missed the fascinating histories in Veronaville. You should check them out sometime. They're in the family trees of the characters. Everything goes back back back to some Shakespeare play and it's cleverly done. I coudn't stand Veronaville, neither the houses nor the characters nor that canal in the middle, but I love those histories.

Lab Assistant
#30 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 7:22 PM
The Goth family.. They have been my favorite since day one. :D
Bella is my favorite sim..
Instructor
#31 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 6:35 AM
The Mashugas, definately. I just loved that house. Although I never got attatched to the individual sims, it was more about their surroundings. Had the Goths lived there I would have played Goth instead
The fact that all homes looked weird to my swedish mind, that house at least had a fun twist instead of just plain odd.
Test Subject
#32 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 1:54 PM
Wow, I'm surprised that several said Bob and Betty Newbie were one of their favorites!
When my daughter and I first started playing the Sims we hung out a lot at the original EA or Maxis[don't remember which it was] Bulletin Board/Forums to learn the game and it was a total blast reading other player's experiences,and one common theme was 'killing off ' Bob Newbie, usually before Betty even showed up,but no
one liked her either.We all tried to come up with a new original way to 'off' them! We just thought he was so gross with his stained T-Shirt and constant belching.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by animekitten42
the curious family of strangetown from ts2. they're proving to be quite a hectic household this time around, but they're doing well for being a huge family after all the alien babies! pascal's firstborn is always my favorite alien, though.
They are a lot of fun, but they never existed in The Sims - as in "Sims 1" or the original game that started it all. Sims 1 did have aliens, just not as members of any of the premade families.

Test Subject
#34 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 12:40 AM
The Pleasants
Test Subject
#35 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 6:43 PM
I loved playing the Mashuga family and their crazy house. I also liked the Burbs from Unleashed with their cute puppy Tucker.

But Claire Charming is definitely my favortie premade sim.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 9:08 PM
The Roomeis are always the way to go for me. Gotta' love Chris and Mel! It's a shame they never made it into further games.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 5:00 AM
Well, I had a soft spot for the Goths...

Mainly because at the time, my older half-sister was thrown out of the house (our apartment, but who's counting anyway?) for disobeying every house rule, especially turning me into a slave a la Cinderella and tormenting me after I spent 8 hours being tormented at school.

It was just me, my mother and my father, which we actually looked like the Goth family, I was Cassandra, my father was Mortimer and my mother looked like Bella, (only if she tanned cause my mom is as pale as a newborn baby seahorse.)

Weird? Well, my mother sometimes disappears, however, unlike Bella, my mom does return.

As for me? I don't have a little brother, because my parents have been "spayed and neutered" (sterilized) due to responsibility or a health issue.

So, I actually admit that I did have a life similar to The Sims 1.

Weird how I remember the very life I lived as a God all those years ago.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Test Subject
#38 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 5:36 PM
Goth and the NEWBIES!! :D

Love my sim babies
Test Subject
#39 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 8:08 PM
I'd have to say the Mashuga's.

I had fatso married twice, once to my lovely "Mary-Sue"-esque sim, Gia. another time to Claire whats-her-name (You know, with her dog, Luna?).

Sylvia wound up with a hubby (I don't remember who, all this happened before my first computer got malware'd. I had to throw the poor thing out.), and two white-trashy kids.

Goood times
Test Subject
#40 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 3:19 PM
Oh, this is a toughie to choose! I absolutely love the Goth family and the Roomies were great too, but I think the prize goes to the Newbies. I don't know what it is, I just think they're great simmies :D

I actually started out on the whole Simworld with The Sims for console, and I never actually bothered to play the other families. But I have bought The Sims: Complete Collection so when that arrives I can get to know those simmies too! :D

Back in 2003, I saw an advertisement for The Sims (PS2) on TV. I said, "I want that!" And the rest is history.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 6:30 PM
I'd say the Newbies too, since after the disaster of trying to make my own family (my brother and I both got sent to military school, my dad got fired, and my mom set herself on fire... shudder.. never tried THAT again!) I didn't create a family from scratch for a long time, and as a result, the Newbies' house gradually got bigger and bigger, eventually looking like quite the mansion for Astronaut Bob, Congresswoman Betty, and star student Calvin, who they adopted out of the goodness of their hearts... They had a good life.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 7:30 PM
The Goths. You can't go wrong with the Goths.
My love also extends to Goth Sr. and the Bachelor households. I think Micheal was one of the first sims I ever played.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:58 PM
I very much liked both Goth families and also the Burbs - for some reason I always had a soft spot for the couple, I was always curious as to how two sims so drastically different made it to the altar. It was also fun playing out Jennifer and John's childhood friendship knowing they will end up together with a kid one day.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 6:06 PM
All of them and that is just one of the reasons why I remade the hood for Sims 2. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=522506

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Instructor
#45 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 5:50 AM
I liked the Goths, the Newbies but my favorite family was the Roommies.

i never liked the Pleasants, i think i played with them only once and i made the father a wife beater and the mother was a housewife lol

(apparently i had issues when i was a kid )
Theorist
#46 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 3:18 PM
The Newbie's and Goth's were my absolute favorites.

I liked the have vs have not aspect of playing both families. And honestly, Betty and Bob were simply awesome - so I tended to play them more.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Page 2 of 2