Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 8:55 AM
Default 101 Things to do in The Sims
I thought it would be cool to have a list of things that you can do in the original Sims game. It might be a good idea to start with the original then once that's exhausted move on to expansions?

..inspired by the Sims 2 thread with a list of things to do when you're bored!

1) Play the game as if it's going into Sims 2 time - e.g. make Mortimer and Bella have a son called Alexander, create Dina and have her marry Michael Bachelor, etc.. See how similarly or differently the characters turn out to their pleasantview equivalents!

2) Create a family with one adult and seven children and wait to see how long it takes to turn hectic (probably not that long!)

3) Build a mansion-style house with all the best furniture..how long will it take for a single sim to be able to afford it?

Bustin' Out!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 9:54 AM
4) set lots on fire

5) become famous

6) become a creature

7) get married

8) become a witch/wizard

9) start a famliy

10) go on holiday

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Artimis
set lots on fire

the sims lets us all embrace our inner pyromaniac..

Bustin' Out!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 11:11 AM Last edited by DuskTrooper : 23rd Aug 2012 at 12:37 PM.
11) Adopt a dog

12) Adopt a cat

13) Create a bunch of Sims

14) Destroy all of those Sims you just created

We all have to look for answers somewhere. Some in big ol' books, others in big ol' bottles of whiskey.

— Kimberly Irion as Bonnie MacFarlane in Red Dead Redemption (2010)
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 11:26 AM
15) kill sims off in anyway possible

16) turn that guy who is mean to you into a toad

17) get cc on sims

19) make the grim reaper take sims lives

20) do magic duals

21) make potions

22) cast a spell

23) have your own dragon called fluffy

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

Nocturnal Dawn
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 12:32 PM
24) Try to max all skills

25) Paint some pictures and see how much you can earn

26) Experiment with the chemistry set

27) Get abducted by aliens

28) Go on a hot date!

29) Reach the top of a career

30) Throw a great party!
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hajime Crea
Reach the top of a career

so much harder to achieve in the original game compared to the sims 2! which in a way is good because when you do do it you get a greater sense of achievement

Bustin' Out!
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 1:18 PM
31) Buy a really kitschy vibrating bed
32)Rub a magic lamp and face the consequences
33)Get guinea pig disease!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 1:53 PM
34) Make a family of hippies who aren't allowed to hold down jobs but make their living crafting and gardening.

I topped several careers in Sims1, even had sims top out two or three of them, and have only done so a few times in Sims2. Partly because the careers are a lot harder to focus on with so much else going on. Though it is potentially a lot easier in Sims2, if they've gone through University - Tommy Ottomas just started the gaming career at Guild Leader, fresh out of college! And the games are so different in daily play, it's hard to make a direct comparison.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 2:09 PM
35) destoroy annoying npcs

36) buy a house in magic town

37) make a gnome

38) take over the hood

39) charm snakes to dance at a will

40) get bitten by a vemnos snake who does not like the music

Nocturnal Dawn
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 12:57 PM
41) build an entire neighbourhood from scratch

42) make every household have a different theme with furniture, clothing and names that go with it

Bustin' Out!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 1:11 PM
43) Make a "Pizza Planet" themed home with sci-fi decoration and order endless pizzas from the Pizza guy to
serve your party guests.

44) Open a bakery - set up a quaint old-fashioned home with an elderly couple and buy the cookies - lots of
them - and put them on the counter for your guests.

45) Create an orphanage or mission house.

46) Make a nature themed family that lives outdoors without a roof. All the things necessary for life are
are tucked between bushes and flowers. Give them names like "Herb" and "Petunia".

47) See if your Sim can find a mate by using the genie lamp or the chemical lab station.

48) Create a family with one adult and six children. Try to live on a budget and make everyone happy.
Good luck!

49) Live off of your gardening.

50) Make a living selling or showing your pets.

51) Recreate your favorite TV Show family.

52) Play "Simvivor". Create a household of Sims and set them loose - no interference. See how long they
last.

53) Build a home that resembles a Monopoly game board.

54) Build a "Shire" for hobbits.

55) Using custom content, try living in the prehistoric days.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 5:37 PM
56) Build your own community lots and/or modify the existing ones for more fun and usefulness.
57) Make a magic-specializing family, move to Strangetown, learn and use all the spells, climb the beanstalk, etc.

Adding to 44: Don't forget to use the bake oven and make lots of bread, berry pies, etc.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#14 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 7:37 PM
58) Make your annoying neighbours and have them fight to the death in an arena to the applause of . . . yourself.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I topped several careers in Sims1, even had sims top out two or three of them, and have only done so a few times in Sims2. Partly because the careers are a lot harder to focus on with so much else going on. Though it is potentially a lot easier in Sims2, if they've gone through University - Tommy Ottomas just started the gaming career at Guild Leader, fresh out of college! And the games are so different in daily play, it's hard to make a direct comparison.

true, but I'd at least say it's easier to not get fired in the sims 2! in the original sims there's no such things as weekends, days off, calling in sick or vacation days. miss the carpool twice in a row and there's nothing to do but wait for the inevitable phone call with the creepy music telling you you're fired

Bustin' Out!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#16 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 8:04 PM
59) Build a rollercoaster that makes coulrophobics run screaming in fear.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 10:09 AM
60) Eat your roommate's head. My brother actually accomplished this through some freaky CC.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#18 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 1:11 PM
61) Become famous enough to have the obsessed fan leave black roses, and then become good enough at magic so that your sim can do the spell that uses the black rose.
62) Go on vacation and collect the golden snowglobe, golden sun and golden pinecone awards.
63) Go on vacation and collect every prize from the ticket booth by playing games.
64) Show your pets and win every pet award available.
65) Make a house with enough display cabinets to show off all of these trophies!
Mad Poster
#19 Old 27th Aug 2012 at 2:13 PM
66) Solve all the Magictown quests. Even that stupid graveyard one that I never made any progress on. This is arguably redundant with 57, but I managed to get all the ingredients without ever taking care of the graveyard.

Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 10:16 AM
67) pose for the shoutie runway manager

68) get an autograph

69) star in a movie

70) start a magic act

Nocturnal Dawn
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 9:32 PM
1) Play with No Cheats! Especially no money cheats.

2) If you have "Complete Collection" , for something different , you can create clothes for your sims , and import new patterns into it. This is especially good for "Fat" sims. I have found there is very little cc clothes for "Fat" sims. Betty Newbie is "Fat". So is Mellissa Roomies. I don't want new fat meshes like some of them out there. I just want clothing for sims like Betty and Mellissa using their original mesh.

@Poltergeist44, your post made me LOL!
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 3:05 PM
Quote:
Play with No Cheats! Especially no money cheats.

Tha't gonna be really hard, especially at the beginning ;d

73) Stand just in the middle of the road to block the cars from driving away.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 6:37 PM Last edited by Artimis : 21st Sep 2012 at 8:48 AM.
74) become a famous actor
75) get the woman in the cake to sing
76) annoy shoutie director man
78) play with cheats
79) jump down a hole
80) get the bear in the tuto to come in house

Nocturnal Dawn
Mad Poster
#24 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 3:59 AM
81) Get one of each kind of pet and teach it all the tricks, then win the pet show.

Mad Poster
#25 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 2:59 AM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 21st Sep 2012 at 3:14 AM.
82) Create a single parent, one-child household. Let the child make friends for the working parent and find a future mate for him/her.
83) Play rock, paper, scissors with the grim reaper to bring back a Sim.
84) Get your Sim abducted by aliens.
85) Make your family poor. Do not allow them anything comfortable to sit on or anything fun to do. Add painting of tragic clown. Enjoy your new guest!
86) Have your poor Sim get rich off of selling whatever the Genie gives him (including dead plants).
87) Light the fire, add a Christmas tree and set out a plate of cookies all in the same room. Make sure everyone is in bed before midnight and wait.
88) Build a complex of mud-like houses in the style of Southwest Native Americans.
89) Build a set of medieval townhouses with a common green for a group of Sims to share.
90) Build a house that resembles the Disney's Haunted Mansion.
91) Create a cast of characters based on the game "Clue". Build a house that looks like the game board.
92) Open a Japanese tea or bath house.
92) Use the crystal ball to change a Sim's personality.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Page 1 of 2