Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 2:13 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 11th May 2007 at 11:19 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default CONTENT PROBLEMS - Content doesn't show after installing a new EP - READ THIS
This article has been updated and converted to wiki format.

Click Here to view the updated wiki article.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 2:24 PM
Thanks, my cousin had this problem who wouldn't leave me alone telling me to fix it, even though I was on the other side of the country :D. Now I can get some peace from da evils of da telephone...
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 5:28 PM
thanks for that H P!
I have copied and pasted your instructions for future reference

regards Gran
What just happend?
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 5:50 PM
H P, you are the Girl for me. What a very detailed explination, that's what we need, thank you. I have done the same as "GroovyGran". Thank you again.

Life is for LIVING so, LIVE it and have Fun

Please use "spell check" when posting!!!
Prejudice is the child of ignorance.
Instructor
#5 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 7:06 PM
Thanks HP, I knew I'd find an answer if I looked for it. Okay now I can go back to driving my dogs crazy by turning up the volume when my sims pets bark. I am soo evil.

I'm eleven hundred and twenty-years-old, jus' gimme' a frikkin' beer!
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 8:10 AM
Thank you HP, I reloaded my game & it worked just fine, all CC there.
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:57 PM
ok my problem is the oppositge. I have everything enabled and my objects show but i dont have any clothes, makeup, hair.. basicaly everythung i need to make my sims beautiful is gone. Objects are in the catalog, but all create a sims stuff is gone form the catalog, althjough its in the download directory.. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 4:07 PM
is anyone else unable to connect to sims site thru the game , even though u are connected?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 6:14 PM
orkagal, you need to run through this thread- particularly pay attention to the bit about creating a new Saved Sims folder and putting CAS content in there:
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=192907
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 7:12 PM
Hi hope I'm putting this in the right place????

My problem is that after I installed PETS2 (backed up my game and have not put in anything as of yet empty nothing in there but orginals) I started my game and not all the new stuff from PETS2 is showing up.... I have a new Kitchen chair I have the dinning room table I have couch, Bed, dressers, I don't have new game, new chess board,dont have Stray away sign, don't have Tiki Torch, dont have new stove, no new microwave, Blending hutch, No Espressoit supremo, no rocket bench... I guess you
you can understand my concern,,,, anyone have this problem.... How can I can have some of the new stuff but not all of it. I had no problems installing PETS2 but when I statred my game and went to look for all the new stuff can't find it. I even went to collections and went to the pets2 icon and everything that it shows up is what is in my game but not all of it like the Prima guide shows me that is suppose to be the game?
sorry for long post but I wanted to explain in detail.
Thanks for any advice!
Vikk
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#11 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 7:57 PM
vikk043, a number of the items that you have listed are objects for the Sims2 console versions not the PC version. The Prima Guide is split into two parts, the first half (ends at page 201) is for PC and the second half is console.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 8:58 PM
oh my how stupid am I thank you boy those items would have cool
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 4:08 PM
im not sure if this has answered my query and if it is the case then thankx, to whoever answers it , but i remerberd havin the same problem when installed ofb, anfd it was down to my CEP files needing updating, i have read numenors post on a new update being available soon so i am at a lost, basically i have blue flashing objects and some of my custom content has been replaced with maxis base objects, have a lot of people been having the same problem or am i the only one??? ps does it matter that i installed 3 packs at once, i mean installed family fun stuff, glamour life stuff then pets does it have to go in a particular order like base, uni, nl,ofb, pets??
Test Subject
#14 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 11:54 AM
I was wondering, some of the lots I downloaded were not showing although some of the rest did show up... Is there some sort of explanation or a bug? Anything would calm me down at the least... Thanks!
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#15 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 5:31 PM
divinacia, please see this faq: http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?p=1414010

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
#16 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 12:18 AM
I just wanted to sincerely thank you for the body shop tip. I had tried everything else and was desperate for my thousands of CC downloads and what you suggested worked perfectly. Thank you SO much for figuring this out for us. I'm so grateful
*hugs*
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 3:06 AM
Thank you Thank you Thank you..I have been fighting with the people over at sims2..for the past week..and getting no where i should have come over here first to look..it solved the proble completely..again thank you..marykate
Test Subject
#18 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 11:40 PM
I'm not sure this answers my question or not, but anyway....All the custom content that I had before I installed "Pets" is in the game but everything I've downloaded and installed after "Pets" doesn't show up. I do have custom content enabled. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance....SimsFanatic...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#19 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 4:54 PM
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 1:45 PM
My game is crashing badly. I have been doing everything this thread says to do. My saved lots from previous games just will not load. They crash every time. Most of these lots are from maxis. I am going to try and reinstall the game, I just don’t know what else to do at this point. The one lot I did get to load looked awful. The color is wrong and it is so slow. My computer meets all the requirements and then some. I have a new dell so it should be able to play the game. If anyone else is having these problems can you please send me a message or email? Tia
Test Subject
#21 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 8:21 PM
SimsSample....I read the thread, did everything it said and still any new custom content I download will not show up...All the old custom content is still here....Any more suggestions, please? I really wanna use some of the cool stuff I've found here....Thanks again....SimsFanatic...
Test Subject
#22 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 12:59 PM
You are a lifesaver! Thanks so much...I finally found this thread and the cut/paste thing worked! It's been driving me crazy since I installed pets. Now I can finally use all my custom clothing and accessories again!...Thank You!!!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#23 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsFanatic
SimsSample....I read the thread, did everything it said and still any new custom content I download will not show up...All the old custom content is still here....Any more suggestions, please? I really wanna use some of the cool stuff I've found here....Thanks again....SimsFanatic...

Try this:
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=139718
To generate a new sims 2 folder. Then transfer all of your Downloaded files to the new Downloads folder.
Do they show up now?
Instructor
#24 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 6:41 PM
Default Problem with cuustome content created after Pets installed
I installed Pets and the Holiday pack. I made a house and tried saving it to a file. The only custome content it saved with the file was walls, floors and content made prior to Pets. I tried several things such as uninstalling CEP, SimPE and Clean Installer and reinstalling them. It did not work. I finally uninstalled all EP's and Stuff's and deleted the remaining files from the Program folder and re-installed everything fresh. I have installed the new CEP, the new SimPE and clean installer. I tried again, no luck. I tried the bodyshop trick by cutting and pasting the download folder to the desktop, deleting and starting the PETS body shop and tried again. I still am not able to save the custom content (created with the new SIMPE) with the house. Any ideas of additional steps I might try.

Thanking you in advance,

Tylersada

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Test Subject
#25 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 9:15 AM Last edited by starrtech : 22nd Nov 2006 at 1:54 AM.
Hello, I dont know if this problem falls exactly under this thread, but i think it does.

My custom content doesnt seem to have a problem, except for this one thing! I've downloaded and installed these into my computer about 10 times and it does not work. ("a lil' bit punk" by rabidangel)
http://www.simsconnection.com/index...=1&limitstart=1

they will not show up in my game at all. normally i would not post this problem (i never had this problem anyway). BUT...

one thing i noticed is that the file sizes of those clothing items reduce to 96kb after i play the sims. that is really drastic considering they are about 800kb when i install them.

Sorry if this doesnt coincide with this thread, as i think it does. =)
Locked thread
Page 1 of 5