Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 8:04 PM
Default Can I freeze a sim at a certain job level so he won't be promoted?
Hi all! Maybe someone can help me with this. I've been having a BALL will Simlogical's prison system, but I'm still trying to get everything set up just perfectly before I actually throw anybody into the slammer. I found the instructions to be a little too vague for my liking (not a criticism at all, I realize I am the sort of technophobe who requires a lot of hand-holding) but it made more sense when I stopped re-reading everything and just jumped in.

The way they have it set up is there's a Penal System career that your sims get, then when the prison is built, the Staff Controller knows who is available to hire for the prison and tells you who they are, what level they're at and what hours they'll be working. Fantastic! But there are ten job levels, and ten distinct shifts available. I'd like to have them all covered, even though it means I'll always have a guard and an officer working as well as a governor some of the time, which is probably overkill . . . but who knows what kind of baddies I'll end up arresting! All hands on deck, that's my motto. (So far, half my town are working for the prison, the other half are crooks, ha ha! Should be interesting if I ever get it figured out.)

So (after all that) my question is: Is there a way to freeze a certain sim at a certain level of his job? If, say, I need a Level One guard in my prison, and I want him to remain a Level One guard without ever getting promoted, how can I do that? (All he needs in one Body bean to get a promotion, so if he's jumping rope when I'm not looking it could spell disaster.)

Cyjon has a thing called the Job Stopinator, but he also says it requires his Smarter EP Check. I'd get the Smarter EP check, but it was made in 2011, and I have Windows 10, and I'm a doofus . . . and I don't want to do that unless I'm sure it won't cause a problem somewhere.

Does anyone out there know of a different way to do it? Or if that Smarter EP Check is compatible with Windows 10? Or maybe if there's a way to take skill points away? That might be handy too.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 8:38 PM
The smarter ep check is just another Sims 2 mod that goes in your Downloads folder. It's fully compatible with Windows 10.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 8:39 PM
I haven’t used job stopinator but smarter ep check won’t conflict with anything or depend on anything about your system

Basically (from what I understand based on what I saw modders write, not being technical myself) vanilla TS2 doesn’t have a simple/easy way for a mod to check what EPs are installed. That’s why when making mods, many people have different versions that are for OFB, for Seasons, etc. And if someone downloads the wrong version it could cause problems.

Smarter ep check doesn’t do anything to your game except adds a routine that can tell other mods what EPs you have. So that modders can make a single file for people of all game configurations, they can put a short piece of code that asks “is this EP installed?” and get the right answer. It’s not a complicated mod that is affected by your version of windows, you just drop it in your downloads folder and forget about it.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 8:53 PM
Oh you're fine with the Smarter EP check - most of us have it (it gets used for other useful mods too). The job stopinator is what you want.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 8:54 PM
Actually Smarter EP Check is considered "essential cc" so I'd really recommend installing it anyway.
About the not promoting part, I think this is what you need: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=606054
Ask before promotion
I already use it for a while and it works perfectly.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 9:48 PM
Very good to know! I'm going for it!

As for the Job Options Mod Set, it sounds fantastic!! I wish I'd known about it sooner. Unfortunately it conflicts with Pescado's No Age Discrimination, which I have ( and rather like).

After I posted my plea for help here, I found and tried out a thing I saw on Youtube utilizing the 'testingcheatsenabled' cheat. It worked to advance the guards I wanted to advance, but I still don't know if it will keep them there and prevent them from advancing further, or if I'll have to keep resetting it (that would be a drag.) I think you're right: the Job Stopinator is the way to go.

Once again, thanks for all your help everybody!!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 11:55 PM
You just need the job stopinator by I think it's Cyjon. You just toss it in the sim inventory, it shouln't clash with anything because its an object. http://cyjon.net/node/327 yes it does require smarter ep check but you should already have that because I assume you have No Sim Loaded already- if not I would go grab them as well. It's the essential mod to prevent the Super Duper Hug among other things. When people complain of this mod clashing, they probably did not remove the other files that come with it because they didn't read over the directions.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Laurcleve
As for the Job Options Mod Set, it sounds fantastic!! I wish I'd known about it sooner. Unfortunately it conflicts with Pescado's No Age Discrimination, which I have ( and rather like).

If you use Lamare's Job Options mod, you no longer need Pescado's No Age Discrimination. Job Options will allow elders to choose whether they want full time or part time jobs just like other younger age groups. I used Pescado's mod for many years, but I recently removed it in favor of Lamare's Job Options and I haven't regretted switching.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 2:20 AM
Also, the job options set is not one big megamod, but a bunch of separate pieces. You can choose to only download ask-before-promotion, you don't have to get the one that conflicts with noagedescrimination.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 2:26 AM
Just reading over the original post again. @Laurcleve mods are not connected to or influenced by your window version, they are only influenced by your EP's/SP's.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~