Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 2:44 AM
Default Is it possible to edit a Saved Sim file? If yes, how?
I've been playing TS 3 for a few days now and wanted to instal a few mods, searching through the site I found this Christian Bale Sim that's missing some content. The zip comes with 2 files, the Sim file and the package for the face which is enough to load the sim into the game but he's missing skin textures on his body and hair, face is fine and I can choose another hair without any problem. In the mod page it says he used Silk non-default skin package by LadyFrontbum but it no longer has the file for the skins and I couldn't find anywhere else to downlad the skin mod.

My questiong is, is ti possible to open the Saved sim file and modifiy it? and if yes, how? My idea it to open it and make it so it no longer searches for that custom skin mod and accepts default skins or something like that.
Or is there another way to fix this problem? It's been years since the creator logged in to his page and in the comments no one has posted a fix, maybe no one with the knowledge has seen it.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 3:36 AM
It might be easier to edit the sim in-game, (in CAS) then "Share" to save it to your hard drive as a sims3 pack which can then be opened with the Sims 3 pack extractor to get the sim file. http://modthesims.info/d/364038/del...-sept-2009.html is where to get the extractor.

You can also try asking in WCIF to see if anybody knows where the skin is.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 4:47 AM
Thanks, I will try this right now
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#4 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 9:08 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 2:17 PM
I've been busy with school and work so I didn't have time to try cracking the file open but I got it working. After I posted this I kept looking and found this skin pack which I think is the correct one. I specifically installed the LadyFrontbum_Nice_M_ND_Bodies.rar file, then while in CAS there's 3 skin colors with a little folder on them. Now it's up to you to play around with the sliders until he blends correctly. Thanks to both of your suggestions.