Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2019 at 3:44 AM
Default Replacing Default Sim Cars
So I've download a decent amount of Fresh Prince car mods, and wanted to replace all the default cars with real-life counter parts.

I tried to follow the steps posted a few years ago on another thread:
http://modthesims.info/t/565254

The last post was two years ago, and I'm just getting back into the game. In my numerous attempts using S3OC & S3PE to do this: my game wouldn't launch, the car would disappear, or the default car would remain. I believe I've correctly followed the steps at least once in my attempts, but honestly I'm not 100% sure. If there's a new way or a more in-depth/guided explanation to accomplish this, I'd be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Apr 2022 at 10:03 PM
I know this is old, but it's been viewed nearly 2k times with no answer, and I found it when I was looking for the answer. Which I now have:

All you have to do is copy the original OBJD's name and number across to your intended replacement's OBJD, and I'm not actually sure you need to replace the name (but, the name alone doesn't work). It seems you also have to replace a car with a car: replacing with bikes or scooters won't work (or, not with this method). It may also be that you need to delete your world object cache to see the effects. But if you do all of this, it will work, and there's no need for additional steps.