Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 8:44 PM
How do use SimPort if I have no Friends?
I tried SimPort and looked for Friends that have Showtime. I got lots of names but only 3 had Showtime and none answered my friend request. Would anyone here like to be a friend so that we can swap Sims? I would love to explore that part of Showtime.

I also read somewhere that there is a Traveler Mod. I cannot find it though. Any ideas?

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there maybe a fix I didn't see?

Thanks you for reading, and hopefully, being able to help me with this problem.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 9:23 PM
The Traveler mod is here http://nraas.wikispaces.com/

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 10:57 PM
Also, if your sole intent for using the Simport feature is to unlock content, velocitygrass created an unlocker for that.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 6:32 PM
well you could add me and I will help you with SimPorting our mutual entertainers if you like. My home page is @Konan_Norris http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Konan_Norris
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 7:41 PM
It may surprise you to know that I am old gamer, yes...and proud of it. I also am a devout Christian and just a friendly person. I try not to judge, you might want to try it.
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 11:21 PM
Do the sims from the Simport stay in your town forever? Or do they leave after the performance? I would kind of like it if they stayed around (or you could purge them if they were fuggo or whatever) But I've thought EA was a big vague about what exactly happens aside from the fact that they perform.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 2:46 AM
They come in, perform, and leave, just as quickly as they came.
It WOULD be interesting if they had the ability to stay, and maybe even get married, have children, whatever, until their original owner summoned them back home.
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 9:02 PM
I play the Sims since the first Sims 1, and as an old man, I don't play with the Sims community, so I get no friends. I was thinkink of a mod, so Sim can be 'simported' in all towns we are playing with. For myself, Sims are to much internet oriented, but it's only my opinion. I like to get more interaction with the additional disks we got.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cramnib63
I play the Sims since the first Sims 1, and as an old man, I don't play with the Sims community, so I get no friends. I was thinkink of a mod, so Sim can be 'simported' in all towns we are playing with.

You mean that they would simport between different games on the one computer? That's a good idea if it could be done.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 5:04 PM
i dont even know how to begin to use simport either. I'm not internet savy at all so i havent used the feature
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 7:31 PM
I have been using the internet since the BBS time which I am not entirely sure if those times count as internet or not, but since I stay as far away from social media as I can I have no simfriends either (or any online friends for that matter). I decided to use a mod to enable the rewards instead of finding random people I don't know and probably will never know yet call friends to get them. Hoping to find a mod to disable the simport wishes though.

edit: sorry went a bit off-topic. If you want to use Simport you need friends and the easiest way to get them is through the official forums, make a post and you get more than you probably wish for. It will make your simpage into a spamfest though, but if you never go there anyway it doesn't matter much I think.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 5:47 PM
Hey if you want to send a sims to me or I send one to you to perform I don't have a lot of friends that send sims My page is: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/ccangel1001

:D
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by judeline
I tried SimPort and looked for Friends that have Showtime. I got lots of names but only 3 had Showtime and none answered my friend request. Would anyone here like to be a friend so that we can swap Sims? I would love to explore that part of Showtime.

I also read somewhere that there is a Traveler Mod. I cannot find it though. Any ideas?

You can add me too if you'd like =D

http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/nicholaskreuz

Signatures must be five lines or less. Please read the forum rules.
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 2:57 AM
Anyone can feel free to add me, just search for shamill87
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th May 2014 at 5:17 AM
Inventor
#16 Old 12th May 2014 at 9:12 AM
Seriosly?
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by judeline

I would love to be your friend, none of mine have it either my name is simsailor13
Test Subject
#18 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 11:36 PM
[QUOTE=judeline]I tried SimPort and looked for Friends that have Showtime. I got lots of names but only 3 had Showtime and none answered my friend request. Would anyone here like to be a friend so that we can swap Sims? I would love to explore that part of Showtime.

Ok, I know this thread was origianlly started 2 years ago, but due to computer issues, I only recently bought Showtime. If you, Judeline, (or anyone else who's interested) wouldn't mind, I could really use a couple Simfriends to help me check out the SimPort features. I'd really like to see how they work, but I don't have any friends who are Simmers. I'd really appreciate it!
Alchemist
#19 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyArkham
Ok, I know this thread was origianlly started 2 years ago, but due to computer issues, I only recently bought Showtime. If you, Judeline, (or anyone else who's interested) wouldn't mind, I could really use a couple Simfriends to help me check out the SimPort features. I'd really like to see how they work, but I don't have any friends who are Simmers. I'd really appreciate it!

Well, considering Simport requires:
1) people who own the game,
2) Sims who work in Acrobat, Magician, or Singer profession,
3) people who are friends with you, and
4) people who are currently playing the game,
chances are very slim to use Simport feature even if you're friends with anyone. If you only want to see how Simport works, I'm sure there are some gameplay videos on Youtube that show how it's like, and I suggest you just watch them.

Since you were aware you were necro-ing the thread, I won't disagree with your post.

Just call me Nikel
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#20 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 3:49 PM
Also, for anyone else who clicks on this thread hoping for simport, you are not missing much if you don't do it. The only real reason to do it in the first place is to unlock awards (items and clothing) that should have been available from the beginning. Luckily, you can have them all thanks to velocitygrass. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=470934