Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 2:03 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 16th Feb 2017 at 2:28 PM.
Good info here.
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I didn't know this, but I do know that options.ini has quite a few tweaks that can't be adjusted ingame. One was frame rate max of 200fps, which is just plain overkill, since the human eye doesn't notice this much anyway, so I changed my max from 200 to 60fps and improve the performance, much less frame rate dropouts now when it tries to use 200fps when sometimes it can't.

When I installed The Sims 4, and went to see my game options(graphics and all) I saw that my computer had maxed everything. You better! I yelled at it, since my son personally built it FOR sims.
While It probably can process the 200fps, there would really be no use for this, and a waste for sure. My monitor is at 60 Hertz anyway. So lowering the frameratelimit to 60, was a good idea. I do not desire a performance boost, as I have nothing to complain about, though I am curious if I'll notice anything. lol
Thanks!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 2:17 AM
it doesnt want to work rip i cant see
Field Researcher
#28 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 3:25 AM Last edited by veronica55 : 31st Jul 2017 at 3:46 AM.
Oh that's great news. (if it actually works) I will try that. I've been playing on lower resolution just because I hate the user interface becomes teeny tiny when I apply the correct resolution according to my screen size.

Edit:
Woohooooo 1920x1080 (full resolution for my screeen size) and UI size :80 My game looks just the way I want!
Thanks for this tip, definitely precious ts4 knowledge!

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 7:57 AM
Thank you so much for sharing this info, very helpful. I can actually play in 4k now and read things without feeling like I need binoculars or something lol.
Test Subject
#30 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 10:46 AM
Thanks for the help! This still works.

UI Scale at 50 is great for 3840x2160 (4k) playing 3 feet from the screen.
Sat at a desk, 75 is more appropriate.
Test Subject
#31 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lerelaia
Hey! Did you find a solution? I Have the exact same Problem... :/

I have this issue (cursor too small on 4K & won't resize) too... Still haven't found a solution, asked on the EA Sims 4 forums and no one there knew either. Been looking for over a year at this point. I would like a way to just disable the custom Sims 4 cursor entirely and use the normal one if there's no way to resize it but can't find anything to do that either.
Test Subject
#32 Old 3rd Jan 2019 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bandon
I'm probably late to the party, didn't get the memo, but I finally found out the UI can be resized. If someone's using a higher resolution and wants the UI to be easier to read they can upsize the UI, or if someone's on a smaller resolution and they don't want the UI taking up 1/4th of the screen they can downsize the UI.

It's in the C:\Users\<Name>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder, in options.ini file, as "uiscale". Found from this modthesims post: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=544421

A google search only came up with one link, listed above. A lot of people might not know about this so thought I'd make a post. I'm just glad I just found out how to do it. Why wouldn't someone put a slider on the in-game options menu. It would be so much easier.
what about if you're on sims3? then what, genius? (curently irritated by EA site issues. there's no way for someone without social media to file an actual complaint as all of their report options are buttons so theres no being able to tell them what's actually wrong... and they don't look at the email used to make an account.
One Minute Ninja'd
#33 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MidnightMoon
what about if you're on sims3? then what, genius? (curently irritated by EA site issues. there's no way for someone without social media to file an actual complaint as all of their report options are buttons so theres no being able to tell them what's actually wrong... and they don't look at the email used to make an account.

If you're on Sims 3 and having UI issues, the Sims 3 forum here will probably be more helpful than the Sims 4 one. Different game, different config settings. Kinda common with different games.
Test Subject
#34 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
Thanks for the tip Bandon!

I discovered that if you change uiscale from 100 to 50, it becomes insanely huge. I'm going to go for 125 now. (I tried 150 but it was too tiny.)

When I upgraded to a 4K monitor and configured my graphic settings to it, it made the UI ridiculously small, so uiscale 50 was actually pretty ideal for me.
Page 2 of 2