Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#2176 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 5:22 AM
In my "legacy" house (gen 16), torchholder Sunny died, soon followed by her aunt Anya. That leaves Ducky as my gen 16 torch, though his sister Dawn is still living with him -- and won't be leaving, because they're best friends. They're both very playful, but Ducky is a sweet guy whereas Dawn can be a little mean. Ducky is a star comedian and has completed both the comedian and painting asps, while Dawn (his kid sister, but just now a YA) is working on a writing asp. Both very creative, playful types. They each have a daughter, named Inara and River. Points to anyone who knows gen 17's naming theme..

"Prepare for trouble!"
"Mmmake it double!"

Alllmost worth buying Cats and Dogs just to get them a cat and name it Meowth.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2177 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 2:17 PM
Holy cow, you're on Generation 16 of a Legacy challenge! I've never gotten beyond getting my 4th generation to teenagers, in any Sims game.

As for the theme, names of FireFly characters?
Forum Resident
#2178 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MasterDarkNinja
Holy cow, you're on Generation 16 of a Legacy challenge! I've never gotten beyond getting my 4th generation to teenagers, in any Sims game.

As for the theme, names of FireFly characters?

You got it! This family is the first one I made in Sims 4 as a test, and then I liked the game so much I kept playing them. They're closing in on $3,000,000 simoleons, largely thanks to a ghost who started life as a spare to the heir in gen 4, kept herself alive through potions of youth until gen 10, and then joined the household as a ghost. Not only does she work as a top-level scientist, but thanks to her former business career she earns money from investing, to the tune of 150K a week. More than enough for the 20K bills. (She also has maxed a lot of the skills, so she keeps everything repaired...)

This is their gloriously functional but kind of horrific home, which I call the Big House because the rest of the neighborhood consists of the family's distant kin who live in their own homes.
Forum Resident
#2179 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 9:47 AM
@smellincoffee Do you never have problems with your save? How do you keep it "clean'? Is your family tree still intact?
Scholar
#2180 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 8:53 PM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 26th Nov 2018 at 9:21 PM.
My family went to Granite falls for a vacation and it rained nearly the entire time. :/ I guess that's pretty accurate, esp. if Granite falls happens to be in Vancouver Canada...

But we got some swimming pool time!

Also while on vacation I couldn't figure out why my sims were just standing around doing nothing at all, then I checked my settings and autonomy was off. Apparently I forgot to turn it on when I reinstalled the game? No wonder things were so peaceful..

As I mentioned, the teens all have boyfriend/girlfriends, and they all have residence keys, and they all showed up (Well, not William) on this vacation. Heath kissed his girlfriend and as you can see his dad really approved.

Awkward...

I got new custom default eyes and I'm loving them!!

You can find them here: https://setsuki.tumblr.com/post/179...n-a-big-project
Forum Resident
#2181 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
@smellincoffee Do you never have problems with your save? How do you keep it "clean'? Is your family tree still intact?

Besides this family loading more slowly than the rest, I haven't encountered any problems yet. Family tree is OK as far as I can tell. I'm not sure what you mean by keeping the save clean, but the sim count is under 20, and daughter families are renewed more by other spares joining them than by having kids, since I don't actually play them at this point. I also do redundant saves because I had an epic Sims 2 neighborhood that was gradually corrupted to the point of no family relations being recognized besides parent/child.
Lab Assistant
#2182 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 8:08 AM
tfw you're so popular your fans turn themselves into stonehenge in your honor

it looks like they're trying to summon something lol. I love how fans gather themselves around celebrities in a perfect circle formation, with even spacing and everything XD
Forum Resident
#2183 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 5:37 PM
I purchased Cats and Dogs during the sale (mostly for more objects and clothes) and plopped down a test sim with a little Jack Russell terrier closely modeled after one I dog/house-sit for sometimes. I made it a little too accurate, as my aspiring writer who makes ends meet by working as a cook can find little time to write or practice his cooking because the little pooch wants to play fetch allllllllllllll the time.
Scholar
#2184 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 10:37 PM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 28th Nov 2018 at 11:00 PM.
So I am now playing Hugh and Pearl's household, with their teen son, William. William is dating Emma, who is daughter to Claire and Sterling Woodward. Claire is a rising star (2 star celeb) and Hugh went to a celeb meet-n-greet and got her autograph. He was already acquainted with her, so he didn't need to introduce himself.

I was pretty darn excited to see my sim's autograph with her actual picture! I love this!

Hugh is a level 10 food critic, so I thought I'd give him a measure of fame, but not like level 5. Maybe 3?

Anyway I'm playing all the teens rotationally so that I can age them up together... many of them are already in relationships with each other, so they'll get married off when they're young adults.

And I just finished building an underground for my William to build his rocket ship. He's got Nerd brain aspiration, so I want him to build it, but he can't really do it in the rain or thunderstorms, so this is my solution. The rocket is placed 3 levels below ground and I had to use Move objects to place it. Once he lives in his own house, or finishes it, it will be placed on ground level so he can actually LAUNCH it.

Field Researcher
#2185 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 9:32 PM
I don't know, I'm this bored :

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Scholar
#2186 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by veronica55

At first I was like... huh? How is that practical? And then I looked down...

So Magnus was my teen dad who has a daughter and is raising her with his cousin Axel. Well, his daughter, Marielle, aged up to child, here they are doing homework together. Shows you how young Magnus is, he's still at teen and she aged up before him. He's doing well though, they both are. Marielle is going to start spending weekends with her mom (Littlemisssam mod!) to get to know her again, and give Magnus a break to just be a teenager.

Still, he adores her and enjoys having her in his life.

Magnus is working on his music. He wants to be a music producer. He has been releasing tracks and got excited to find his music playing on the radios. Even his friends stopped to listen! (THIS REALLY HAPPENED)

Well... it happened again, unplanned teen pregnancy. Not Magnus. Axel. Axel has been dating Audrey Woodward for a long time and I though her birth control failed. But it turns out they got pregnant through autonomous rocketship woohoo. Both Axel and Audrey are teens, so lets see what their child looks like. IT was a boy named Cameron. Axel did propose to her right after the birth but she said no... this is not how she wanted it to happen.

When Audrey's dad found out she was pregnant, he was furious. I didn't know that discovering teen pregnancy was a feature of WW. She doesn't live with him anymore and she's days away from adulthood.

Mad Poster
#2187 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aularen
tfw you're so popular your fans turn themselves into stonehenge in your honor

it looks like they're trying to summon something lol. I love how fans gather themselves around celebrities in a perfect circle formation, with even spacing and everything XD

Summoning isn't complete without two more Sims aligning in the circle.

Would be a great upload for the wiki article of TS4 build mode

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
#2188 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 5:12 PM
In my gameplay, my sim Erik is cohabiting with his bf Cornelius Feng, who is the eldest child of the pre-made Feng family. They adopted a Bernese Mountain puppy and are planning their wedding right now.
Field Researcher
#2189 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
I wish I could kill him. [/spoiler]

So he's a mortal now. Invite him over, choose a room, lock the door and starve him! (You can't travel else where till he dies though)

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Mad Poster
#2190 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
I wish I could kill him.

I mean...there is the extreme violence mod

Though if you're looking for something less bloody, but equally terrifying, you could have your sim make him some puffer fish nigiri.

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#2191 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 7:43 PM
Summer break was upon the Nielsen household, so Magnus took his daughter camping. Except that there was a thunderstorm the first day, and as it turned out, for the long range forecast it was supposed to be thunderstorms! After one day of that I cheated sunny weather.... Because basically I wanted them to have roughing it camping with tents and outdoor activities but what can you do when it's raining and electrical storms? You build a makeshift shelter that causes routing errors and then delete it out of frustration.

Still, he had fun with her, sitting around the campfire telling stories. He had such fond memories of coming here as a child and as a teen... some bad memories too of the bad stuff he got up to. But still he wanted her to experience the fun of family camping vacations.

Finally the weather cleared :o

Axel is bonding with his new son, Cameron.

And he proposed AGAIN to Audrey and this time, she said yes, she was ready.
Instructor
#2192 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 3:10 AM
It' nice to know you're a fan of Seth. But, you already know him Leah.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#2193 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 5:42 PM
So he's a mortal now. Invite him over, choose a room, lock the door and starve him! (You can't travel else where till he dies though)

Ooooohhhh... You can't travel. That's why my captured sims always get away - my sim goes to work.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#2194 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 1:40 AM
So Mangus got married! Mungus! NO. MAGNUS. Yes! He got married to his love, Terri. They got married while still teenagers. They concieved on their wedding night and the baby was born when they turned young adults. (The baby was born just a few hours before, technically, so the parent's didn't get a new baby moodlet).

Magnus is adoring his new baby girl. Her name is Adelyn. The name was generated.

Magnus grew up with a brother and 2 male cousins, so he's happy to have daughters. In fact, the whole Nielsen clan is happy to have some girls! Here is Magnus as a young adult. I've changed his look. He is now a 'Indie music producer', as he has not been signed by a label yet. He's a level 3 celeb. Celeb disguises actually work but it's also fun to see him be adored by fans and get fan mail.

Here is how their daughter looks. Keep in mind that she was conceived by two teenagers, and the belief in this forum by some members, was that children of teens do not inherit their parents looks. I don't know if that's true in vanilla game without MCCC, but it's certainly not true in my case.

Also, Axel, Magnus cousin (double cousin, and technically their parents are twins who married twins), had a baby with his partner while still teen. This was NOT planned but happened autonomously via risky rocket ship woohoo. The child DEFINITELY inherited both parents features:

So all the teens are now young adults. Emma is going to be a fashion influencer, Audrey a comedian, William is already a Scientist. Axel is an actor (he's self absorbed). Terri is a programmer.

Left to age up: Ivan and Kjeld (Key-eld) who are Magnus and Axel's little brothers, and Heath, who is the teen brother of Emma and Audrey.
Forum Resident
#2195 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 4:19 AM
I took advantage of the sale to buy Get Famous a little early, and have gotten the Sim I had prepared for this purpose (high Charisma + singing + jokes ) up to a B lister. She's an Icon-something in the trend/style career, and sings her heart out every night. I've recently got her into trying to make videos, mostly so I can figure out how to do it. I think the standalone camera must just be a prop?
Lab Assistant
#2196 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 2:08 PM
As I type, five of my sims are swimming. Those lucky sims each have their own personal 2x2 pool. The pools are located in the basement. To make it even more fun for them, I built an enclosed wall around the pool. Those little buggers have been treading water for over two sim days. Hunger and fatigue have started to take its toll. Who knows what I'll find when I return to the game? It's not as bad as it seems. They are offerings to the water gawd. I am the water gawd. It's a hobby.

Isn't it better to sacrifice five sims instead of one? Yes. I think so, too.

WHAT I IF TOLD
YOU

THAT YOU READ
THE FIRST LINE WRONG?

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
Forum Resident
#2197 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 8:14 PM
My celeb sim has hit 4 stars and decided to move from Oasis Springs to Del Sol. I'm not building her a fancy house or anything, just my usual minimalist design -- with a catch. The entire lot is fenced in except for a gap where there's a small brick "gatehouse", and then an entry corridor into the house itself. I have a large area set up as her studio (she's a singer who licenses music and does youtube performances, along with the occasional "My song is about to be published!!!1!!11! Like and subscribe for more!" type video), but right now it's just all of her equipment. The acoustics are horrible, and I'm hoping to poke and around and find pictures of people's "studios" in Sims 4 to get ideas. I honestly have no idea how many objects there are in Sims 4 because I always just do a search for what I'm looking for -- I'm completely out of the habit of actually browsing the catalog.
Scholar
#2198 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 8:22 PM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 17th Dec 2018 at 5:06 AM.
So my twinsx2 family had 1 more baby each. I created two male twins and two female twins who are married to each other, and living in the same house. I've had no problems with infidelity or flirting, of course I have random flirting turned off in MCCC so that probably does help. I've also never accidently mixed them up because their styles are not completely identical.

Anyway, previously Erik and Heidi had their sons Magnus and Ivan. Brother Henrik and wife Freja had sons Axel and Kjeld. All boys! Axel and Magnus grew up and had kids of their own, leaving 2 empty sluts. Slots! I meant slots!

So I had them get pregnert at teh same time and as usual, Heidi got pregnate before Freja and Freja always took about 3 attempts (not that they minded).

Erik and Heidi had a girl, Amaja (Ah-my-ah)

Freja and Henrik had a boy, Danjal (J is Y sounding in Danish)

Odd thing is, even though their bedrooms are totally locked off from each other, and private, for some odd reason, if Heidi is woohooing Erik and Freja is in HER room, she'll react "see what's happening" and get all excited about it... makes no sense. I don't use WW (I did at one point but not anymore). I try to time it so that they're never woohooing at the same time anyway.. feels weird.

I often double up couples in houses anyway... especially if there is a set of twins. I don't like separating twins. But I usually use duplex style houses with a bit more privacy than this. Separate upper residences.
Scholar
#2199 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Manderz0630
It' nice to know you're a fan of Seth. But, you already know him Leah.

Looks more like she wants to introduce herself specifically to his chest.

Toddler 1 of my couple's household has every Toddler Skill at max, except for still a third of Thinking left to increase to 5. Toddler 2 is lagging a bit behind, still needing some Thinking and Imagination. I hope the extra/special traits for aging a toddler up after maxing all skills is worth it. I do know that, if I ever do a 100 baby challenge in Sims 4, maxing those skills will NOT be a requisit to age up 'early'. Maybe getting all skills to level 2 or 3.

I also decided to finally make my own holiday. "Not Halloween". My sims were supposed to wear costumes, put up spooky decoration, and hand out trick or treat to kids knocking on their door. ONE kid came to knock... though dressing the toddlers up in costume was adorable. I would've liked to have added the spooky theme, too, but that says to interact with ghosts, aliens, or vampires. I don't have GTW installed (or Vampires at all), and I don't know where to easily find ghosts in this game. That doesn't involve killing my own sims.
dodgy builder
#2200 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 8:22 PM
My sim had 18k followers, then I made her do a commertial for a big product on her blog, and she lost them ALL! Hey!! That's not fair!! *CRYING BIG TEARS IN BED*
Page 88 of 104