Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17176 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 1:07 PM
I'll have to try it on the NPC driver tomorrow before loading. He wears a default and is the same gender as my playable sim in the taxi driving career, so it's really only his face and skin tone that need changing. There might be a few more but I can't think of any.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Scholar
#17177 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Anyone know what might be causing this error?

http://www.simfileshare.net/download/947619/

The sim, a cat is stuck in the counter top slot (no idea why), the default code will go into a loop until the sim is unstuck, that will throw the 'Too many iterations' error. The error should reset and unstick the sim which is preferable to the sim remaining stuck.
Mad Poster
#17178 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
The sim, a cat is stuck in the counter top slot (no idea why), the default code will go into a loop until the sim is unstuck, that will throw the 'Too many iterations' error. The error should reset and unstick the sim which is preferable to the sim remaining stuck.

Thanks. I'll going to blame that on the reset I got from removing hacks.
Alchemist
#17179 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I'll have to try it on the NPC driver tomorrow before loading. He wears a default and is the same gender as my playable sim in the taxi driving career, so it's really only his face and skin tone that need changing. There might be a few more but I can't think of any.

Just change the whole sim with SimSurgery and the gender and clothes will be included. Maybe post a doppleganger pic?
Mad Poster
#17180 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 10:25 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 30th Jan 2019 at 11:06 PM.
How to change family ties? In particular, alien children from brothers to cousins.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Alchemist
#17181 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

Sunrader I guess I will have to load up and figure out the guy's name because his portrait isn't showing. :/

Yeah, that's best. You want to make sure because so many NPCs have similar names, too. And, of course, the game spawns new ones if you put down a new cash register or whatever.
Mad Poster
#17182 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Yes, grammapat, she will come to work pregnant. If you don't want her to, just don't call her in.

=
Naw, she's poor and stupid (even for a Sim). She has to go to work. But what happens if she stays home until she gets fired? I don't think the business owner will have a memory of firing her; what will happen?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#17183 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 1:12 AM
Don't know. Only one way to find out.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#17184 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 2:13 AM
...and I will, Peni. Speaking of Peni: I want to populated some new hoods with unique sims; some very pretty, but most "interesting" - like Peni's Sims. Has anyone (wink at Peni) made a bunch of sims I can download?
--------
also - if I age a sim down, will they have inappropriate memories? Like; an elder becomes a toddler but remembers lovers, having children,etc.

Mad Poster
#17185 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 2:55 AM
I do, in fact, have some sims for download. When I realized Drama Acres had become unplayable, I cloned a lot of the younger denizens and put them on SFS for an 800 tumblr followers gift. (I did not, and do not, have the energy to go through a proper submission process here at MTS at this time.)
Toddlers: https://simfileshare.net/download/905934/
Kids: https://simfileshare.net/download/905933/
Teens: https://simfileshare.net/download/838927/

I ran them through bodyshop, but it had my defaults in and some custom content sneaked in there in addition to the skintones which I left in on purpose. There's a text file containing character info included in each download, and pictures so you can match names and faces; but I release them with the understanding that, once downloaded, what people do with them is not in my control. So, grow them up, edit them, rename them, give them different personalities and aspirations, whatever you see fit to do.

I strongly recommend that you put them all through the different ages before finalizing them in CAS, though, because when I played with adjusting features vertically I didn't realize how serious an effect that would have on future generations. Some of them who merely look a little weird as toddlers, kids, and teens get eyes they can't open as adults, and of course different people's tolerances for different face sculpts will be different. Use at your own risk. You have been warned.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#17186 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 3:30 AM
...grab...run...waving thank you

Mad Poster
#17187 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 6:22 AM
Oh, and yes, if you age a sim down anywhere but CAS/bodyshop, they'll retain their memories if you don't wipe them.
In CAS and bodyshop, of course, they have no memories.

Field Researcher
#17188 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 1:14 PM
I used to have the ability to order a sim to comfort another sim, maybe an option under hug, and it didn't matter what their mood was or their relationship level. Well, I don't have it anymore. It wasn't a pose box, it was an actual animation. It's been a long time but I don't think I'm imagining it. Has anyone heard of this? If so, how do I get it?
Mad Poster
#17189 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 2:04 PM
I know comfort is an autonomous action if someone gets upset over a fight, but I've never heard of it being directable.
Mad Poster
#17190 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 4:19 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 31st Jan 2019 at 4:32 PM.
Do Witches cheer If one cast a spell? My neutral witch casted tempus interruptus, and her good warlock roomate cheer on her (I presume).

Speaking of which, isn't cheer suppose to be the one you're talking about, regarding comfort?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Alchemist
#17191 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Do Witches cheer If one cast a spell? My neutral witch casted tempus interruptus, and her good warlock roomate cheer on her (I presume).

Speaking of which, isn't cheer suppose to be the one you're talking about, regarding comfort?

Not sure if this is the question, but those are too different meanings of the word: "Cheer up" like "help make someone feel happier" and cheer like yell a lot when a sports team makes a goal.
Forum Resident
#17192 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 7:00 PM
Can sims roll wants to drop out of college? I feel like it should be possible... I also suspect I've asked this before, and I can't remember the answer, so apologies if I have in fact asked already!
Scholar
#17193 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jain
I used to have the ability to order a sim to comfort another sim, maybe an option under hug, and it didn't matter what their mood was or their relationship level. Well, I don't have it anymore. It wasn't a pose box, it was an actual animation. It's been a long time but I don't think I'm imagining it. Has anyone heard of this? If so, how do I get it?

It's pure vanilla. It's under "Appreciate" and the Sims involved must have a minimum daily and lifetime relationship score of 20 or more.

Or so says the Prima Guide. I know I used it once, many years ago, when I had an older sibling cheer up a child who had had an accident after being scared by a ghost, but haven't found it since. I hope that's just because I was looking under "Hug," and not because EAxis removed it for some reason.
Alchemist
#17194 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 7:35 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 31st Jan 2019 at 7:56 PM.
How to change family ties? In particular, alien children from brothers to cousins.
various hacks can change family trees. though I take only Sim Blender has "cousin" in its pie menu. other hacks; the options are as follows:: parent, child, sibling, spouse. SimPE can also change family trees. though its options are same as those later hacks; "parent" is actually 2 options (Parent A, Parent B).

edit::
SimPE, other hacks; "cousin" would be child of parent's sibling.
Alchemist
#17195 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 7:44 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 31st Jan 2019 at 8:41 PM.

Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
various hacks can change family trees. though I take only Sim Blender has "cousin" in its pie menu. other hacks; the options are as follows:: parent, child, sibling, spouse. SimPE can also change family trees. though its options are same as those later hacks; "parent" is actually 2 options (Parent A, Parent B).

There are two different things here. In SimPE, you can change the family tree under Family Ties to show parents, children, spouses, and siblings in relation to the selected sim, but in SimPE under Relations, you can change the family relationships of that sim to include Cousins, Aunts and Uncles, Grandparents, Nieces and Nephews....
Field Researcher
#17196 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 8:08 PM Last edited by jain : 31st Jan 2019 at 8:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
It's pure vanilla. It's under "Appreciate" and the Sims involved must have a minimum daily and lifetime relationship score of 20 or more.

Or so says the Prima Guide. I know I used it once, many years ago, when I had an older sibling cheer up a child who had had an accident after being scared by a ghost, but haven't found it since. I hope that's just because I was looking under "Hug," and not because EAxis removed it for some reason.
Thanks! I raised the relationship scores and enabled it. I don't know why it's under appreciate either. Maybe because it's not technically a hug? I must have been wrong in thinking there was a way to use it without the minimum score but since that's easy to change, that's ok.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I know comfort is an autonomous action if someone gets upset over a fight, but I've never heard of it being directable.
Maybe it's not the same thing. This 'cheer up' action is directable. I remembered it as being called 'comfort'.
Mad Poster
#17197 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 9:26 PM
I have 2 sets of "horizon" hood effects. Placed on a corner of the map, from a lot they make it look like the edge of the hood continues. They are supposed to match the hood terrain - difficult because of custom terrains. PROBLEM is that you can see a glaring white strip between the hood and the horizon. Even placing 2 horizons didn't help. I found I HAD a mod that was supposed to fix this; it obviously was not working - I removed it & everything looks the same. Help?

Mad Poster
#17198 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
Can sims roll wants to drop out of college? I feel like it should be possible... I also suspect I've asked this before, and I can't remember the answer, so apologies if I have in fact asked already!

I don't think so. I've never seen it, and it's a want I would have granted since I hate uni.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Alchemist
#17199 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 10:42 PM
How do I restore the NeighborhoodManager.package?

I have been building a custom hood using the AnyGameStarter, the UC version, which seems a little...delicate. I recently had to reinstall the AGS, and all seemed to be working fine. I currently have two Neighborhood folders, which I swap between - one for building and another for testing the build, so that no character files are created in the template. The testing folder is still working, so I thought all was well.

However, yesterday when I tried to swap in the building folder, it shows just one finished custom hood, not the one I am working on. The hood folder is correctly in Neighborhoods, and was working fine before the reinstall. I have tried a couple of earlier backups, with no change. Even moving the working hood over from the testing folder changed nothing, so I think perhaps the NeighborhoodManager file is the problem?

The folder does not currently contain a NeighborhoodManager.package, although the file DOES exist in the backup, where the problem first showed. Running the game has not forced a new one to be created. Can I just copy a working package from elsewhere? Will that break stuff?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17200 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 10:57 PM
Coping one from elsewhere won't work, it has to be the manager accosted with that hood. I'm lost though, why are you swapping around hoods? Why not just leave them in there. if you swap them you will need to delete the manager each and every time. The fact it hasn't regenerated is concerning. AGS can be unstable. Far better to make yourself two slots which are two separate games and stop swapping things around. Pulling out and putting back in, whether its a hood, download folder or what have you, always has the potential for corruption I have found.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 688 of 1339