Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 6:45 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 20th Aug 2016 at 7:23 PM.
Default What kind of community lots would be suitable for Politicians (and other sims with higher social statuses)?
Although this is more of a general thread, I put it in the OFB EP because this thread is focused on that expansion.

I prefer creating community lots that work tune in tune with the sims lifestyle (A music enthuatism sim might have a Ballet venue for example). For artistic, culinary and athletic careers its easier to come up with ideas what kind of business they can own. I know many simmers don't prefer having sims working and running a business at the same time, but I plan have employers for these lots, but TS2 Businesses are a bit limited when it comes to the more non-"traditional" sim businesses such as city halls or offices and many cannot be run by sims. Still, I dont want the business to be too random either and businesses related to cuisine, sports, farming etc are specifically run by families that has that kind of my lifestyle.

So, What kind of business do you think could work for sims with higher social statues like politicians?
Im going to switch to a new computer (AMD kind) at some point this year, so CC probaby wont be a concern anymore.

Along with military, its a very common job for sims who are closely related to the royalty. My hood has a feudalism hiearchy, so these sims are usually from the noble class or relatives to the king. I don't study much about history or about politics so figure out ideas that are more on the realistic side make the whole project alot more difficult.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 6:56 PM
Some quick ideas - a gentlemen's/ladies' club, VIP bar, VIP party venue, city hall, town office, fine dining...those deals and agreements have to be made somewhere.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 7:10 PM
Golf club. What are higher social statues?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#4 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 7:18 PM
A country Club comes to mind.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 7:20 PM
Maxon:
Think wealthy sims with high level careers or social class ranks. Im not sure what the exact word is for it. Politics, Military leaders, Nobles, Presidents etc.
Instructor
#6 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 7:22 PM
Maybe a racecourse or polo? I know for sure higher social people like to dress in beautiful dresses + hats and suits for it.

@maxon
I think he/she ment "status" and not a statue.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 7:24 PM
emmy. I thought that was an obvious typo so I didnt bother correcting it. (Im a "she" btw)
Instructor
#8 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Florentzina
emmy. I thought that was an obvious typo so I didnt bother correcting it. (Im a "she" btw)

Haha yeah I got it! And good to know
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 7:30 PM
Although parks with statues aren't a bad idea. Politicians would chat with voters in the parks; maybe even making a speech by the statue.

Fancy restaurants, unless it's election time. Then politicians may be eating in diners to connect with voters.

If you have either the vocational trainer (I think ... please verify with this) or the Sophie-David lecterns (I know these work), you might be able to invite the politician to give a speech on many different community lots. It might be more like the politician talking about a hobby, but we can pretend just a wee. It will give listeners skill points in the respective trait/hobby as well. You'd have to make sure the politician has the right traits that you can use to invite that Sim over tp spreak, though.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emmyjulia
I think he/she ment "status" and not a statue.

I think I know that but odd use of words always makes me laugh.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#11 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 8:31 PM
Or you could use the microphone and have them 'recite poetry.'

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#12 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 8:47 PM
Don't forget the Career Reward podium (preferably not the Law one, unless you can remove the symbols).

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 10:28 PM
I agree to the golf club.
Brothels?
Actually, everywhere - looking for votes/people to bribe/paying for loyality
Forum Resident
#14 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 4:31 AM
A vineyard for wine tastings and extravagant dinners.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Link Ninja
#15 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 5:49 AM
Like AliaD85, said above - a vinyard would be great and Plumbbob keep has a whole wine making mod complete with grape harvesting, stomping, fermenting, and bottling. You can find it at Plumbbob Keep's site under Sundry Goods and Wares.

One of my affluent sims owns and operates a classical theater downtown for formal dancing/parties/masquerades. There is a buffet and bar on the top floor and instruments on the stage sims can play. it costs per hour to be at the venue by way of the bandatron. Here is the downloadable lot of the fancy neoclassical theater I got on MTS that I used for the business.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Theorist
#16 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 10:55 AM
Maybe, an art related viewing room; add the ticket machine and some sort of meal or drink option to keep sims on the lot longer. I use the customizable meal buffet from Simwardrobe in my art gallery and museum. So, sims tend to view the items on display, go to the separate dining hall, have a meal and mingle with others.

Also, an upscale gaming room using the poker/card table, billiard/pool table, dartboard and a bar might work too. Playing cards is definitely something that was popular among the wealthy in older times. Again, adding the ticket machine would generate the income.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
#17 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 2:04 PM
So you say your hood is based on a feudalism hierarchy, but is it medieval or modern but still retaining the social structure?

Because if it is still set in medieval times most of those suggestions won't work depending on level of realism you want to achieve.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 2:31 PM
Courtroom and Law Class from PC-sims, found in Jessa Channel Gift here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr598SsBjYQ
Field Researcher
#19 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 4:41 PM
Here are my ideas, and some I've actually done;

Fancy restaurant
Wine tasting vineyard
Ball venue - place where the well to do sims host parties where they rub elbows, drink fine wine, and wear extravagant dresses
Country club/golf club - using the business career reward you can unlock a golf thing and you can make like a ritzy country club with driving ranges etc...
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 5:10 PM
SingleClawDesign:
I dont go with any strict timeline, but generally play more pre-modern settings, (late medivial to victorian periods), As far community is concern, as long long as it isnt futuristic or involve very modern objects (plasma tv, disco machine etc), Im fine with most stuff.

Its was mainly WHAT kind of stuff the sims are doing, I prefer to be realistic about.
Im bad at examples, but lets say, I can't picture a in-laws from a royal family running the same businesses as a poor farmer/peasant sim might do. As for Feudalism - I just have each familly is classified by different ranks, but Im just talking about sims who are either very wealthy or related in some way to the royal family
Forum Resident
#21 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 7:55 PM
You'll also need a really fantastic cathedral church for over the top weddings.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 8:51 PM Last edited by FranH : 21st Aug 2016 at 9:24 PM.
I'd make (and have done so myself) a plaza with the usual amenities-tables, etc..but with a speaker's podium in there, with chairs provided. They can give speeches and hold lunches for their constituents. There were custom buffets by Simwardrobe that you can pay for and let everyone have a dish of it (charge them for the food!)..the coffee bar would be popular to people who wanna listen to your words of wisdom for hours at a time..

There is a modded "Presidential Podium" that happens to look pretty nice, but is also very good at providing the candidate a steady flow of campaign funds, plus it increases the charisma skill which is a prized attribute most of the politicians in Sim World and the real world desire to develop properly.

The "Presidential Podium" is available at the booty, under "wintermute". The buffet tables were from Simwardrobe (can't find the working site, either. sorry.)

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 9:26 PM
Some type of 'charity' venure maybe? Not sure how that'd work though. :o
Mad Poster
#24 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 10:02 PM
I tend to think a brothel will work in any given historical period
Scholar
#25 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 11:01 PM
A well-kept tavern - of the sort where all the furniture is intact, the decorations are intact, windows are relatively large and a gentleman may play darts with his voters without the slightest fear of a brawl disturbing the evening's entertainment.

A tailor. Politicians have needed top-quality clothes in their preferred style (opulent, modest, inoffensive, extravagant,..) in every era.

A coffee shop, likely with plenty of space between the tables, and some chess tables at the back to sharpen logic and debating skills.

An upscale version of any community lot that a middle/upper-class person of the era would have been expected to frequent (whether that's a place of worship or a perfumery).
Page 1 of 2