Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 4:56 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How Did I Lose This Object?
I have no idea how this happened, but somehow I cannot find this one particular object I made in my folders. I've been working on multiple meshing projects, and recently decided to make a spreadsheet to replace the "GUIDs Assigned" list. In the process of doing so, I discovered a GUID that's currently unaccounted for. I have trawled all of my object folders, and I just can't find whatever it is!

Fellow creators, help! If anyone has made something and then "lost" it, what did you do to find it? What do I do in SimPE to find the dang thing? It's driving me nuts!!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 3:47 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Sep 2018 at 5:39 PM.
Maybe you clicked it twice or made a new version and assigned it another GUID. Happens to me all the time. I probably have several unassigned GUIDs in my list, but I don't worry too much about that.

If you've auto-assigned through SimPE, you should have a list of the object at the SimPE site if you log in, but the site seems to be down at the moment.

You can get new GUID blocks with SimPE. You don't have to keep track, unless you make GUIDs yourself (not being logged in, I mean) or you can't log in or register GUIDs.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 6:30 AM
Thank you, simmer22! I was wondering what I could've done, so I'm glad to know I'm not alone!

I'll have to try and check the site once it's back up, just to see if I did click twice by accident, or made a new version (been trying to remember not to use GUIDs willy-nilly, but it is possible).
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 12:11 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 7th Sep 2018 at 12:31 PM.
Technically, there are 4,294,967,295 possible GUIDs (and roughly 16,777,216 GUID blocks - but a lot of GUIDs are used already, of course), so if you skip one or two it's not too big of a deal. I make a lot of objects, and I've been through maybe 9-10 whole GUID blocks (256 GUIDs each) - but that's in 10-11 years.
Instructor
#5 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 8:17 PM
Did you check your recycle bin? I haven't ever made any objects but I have lost things from my Download folder and clothing that I have made and even whole Neighborhoods by accidentally hitting a delete button. Whenever I find something missing the first place I look is Recycle.