Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 1:06 PM Last edited by k.ahearn11 : 5th Oct 2018 at 12:36 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default TS2 Game does not take up full screen
Hi,

I have recently download TS2 Ultimate Collection on both my PC and laptop, and I'm having the same problem on both. The actual game does not take up the whole width of my screen which has lead to me coming across a few issues...

I'm not able to post pictures in competitions or challenges, because the picture is too small to fit the guidelines (because the screen is too small. And before anyone asks, I'm using printscreen to take my photos)
And it's difficult to actually play the game because everything is so small.

Then, when trying to check the game properties to see if I was in window mode, I realised I didn't install a shortcut when I installed the game *facepalm* . (So if someone could help me with that too it would be great)

Thanks in advance,

Kate

(Sorry if this is in the wrong category)

Edit: I should probs mention that I'm playing with Windows 10
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k.ahearn11
Hi,

I have recently download TS2 Ultimate Collection on both my PC and laptop, and I'm having the same problem on both. The actual game does not take up the whole width of my screen which has lead to me coming across a few issues...

I'm not able to post pictures in competitions or challenges, because the picture is too small to fit the guidelines (because the screen is too small. And before anyone asks, I'm using printscreen to take my photos)
And it's difficult to actually play the game because everything is so small.

Then, when trying to check the game properties to see if I was in window mode, I realised I didn't install a shortcut when I installed the game *facepalm* . (So if someone could help me with that too it would be great)

Thanks in advance,

Kate

(Sorry if this is in the wrong category)

Go into the game folders and files and find the exe to M&G and make a desktop icon out of it and use that, this way you bypass Origin loader and Origin does not need to be running.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 3:08 PM
Have you applied the graphics rule maker?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 4:36 PM
1. graphic rules need to be changed.
2. a shortcut on the desktop alone will not bypass Origin. You need to find the instructions on how to remove Secrom from your PC (even though it won't be there) and use the last step. Look on Leefish.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 10:08 PM Last edited by k.ahearn11 : 4th Oct 2018 at 10:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Have you applied the graphics rule maker?

Sorry, I am completely new to everything so I don't quite know what that is...
I only installed UC a few days ago and it says it came fully patched and everything?? idk sorry
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 10:34 PM
1. What graphics card do you have?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 10:48 PM Last edited by k.ahearn11 : 5th Oct 2018 at 12:15 AM.
Umm, I'm not very tech-y, but I think this is what it said, Intel HD Graphics 620??

Edit: My PC says, AMD Radeon (TM) Vega 8 Graphics
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 11:30 PM
Are you on a notebook? if so it's really not meant for gaming. You want to be careful not to burn it out.

The 4gb patch and graphic rules are attempts to make new technology play nicely with an old game. Nothing to do with EA or Origin. Like I said on the contest thread, check the sticky posts here in help.

Also yes, this is the correct place to ask for help.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 12:08 AM Last edited by k.ahearn11 : 5th Oct 2018 at 12:19 AM.
@joandsarah77
No, my laptop is a Dell, and my PC is a HP. I only play a little on my laptop (it's mainly for school)

Also, I've just been doing a little googling for extra help, and everyone is mentioning an .exe file, but I can't seem to find one when I go through all of my files.

Here's just a pic of all the files under the Ultimate Collection tab...

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 1:01 AM
Those are the user files in My Documents. If you're looking for the exe it's in the game files wherever you installed the programme. These two things are not the same. Also, if you do things to the exe make sure you made a copy first in case you muck things up and need to go back.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Those are the user files in My Documents. If you're looking for the exe it's in the game files wherever you installed the programme. These two things are not the same. Also, if you do things to the exe make sure you made a copy first in case you muck things up and need to go back.

Ohhh, that makes so much sense haha I'm an idiot
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 1:28 AM
The game is in two places. Install files are normally on C drive (unless you place them manually on a different drive) While the game files that you play and change each time you play, those are all on Documents. So your hoods and CC.

I am on disks but I know the UC would have an .exe file, that file can be sent to your desktop as a shortcut.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The game is in two places. Install files are normally on C drive (unless you place them manually on a different drive) While the game files that you play and change each time you play, those are all on Documents. So your hoods and CC.

I am on disks but I know the UC would have an .exe file, that file can be sent to your desktop as a shortcut.

Yeah, thanks I suddenly realised why nothing was working lol I was in the wrong place
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 6:33 AM
Thank you for your help everyone In the end it was this website that saved me lol