Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 12:07 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, Into the Future
Default Household Sims keep leaving through the back door?
so the Sims living in my household will always leave through the back door. to run errands, to catch the schoolbus, to go to work. anything. yet guests will always go through the front door, as it is set to the front door. but my Sims never want to leave their own house through the front door! this KIND OF makes sense since in real life, guests would go to the grand entrance and ring the doorbell, whereas people who live in their own house will usually enter and exit through the back door or the garage. the problem is, my Sims live in a huge mansion, and it takes a very long time for them to walk all the way around the house to the street from the backdoor. it's annoying and wastes time. they would save so much more time if they exited towards the front door. I would hate to remove the back door leaving the front door as the only option, because the back door is right next to the stable so my equestrian sim can quickly reach her horse. but I'm thinking I might just need to remove the back door. is anyone having the same problem, and does anyone know a mod or fix? thank you!
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mechamelodious
so the Sims living in my household will always leave through the back door. to run errands, to catch the schoolbus, to go to work. anything. yet guests will always go through the front door, as it is set to the front door. but my Sims never want to leave their own house through the front door! this KIND OF makes sense since in real life, guests would go to the grand entrance and ring the doorbell, whereas people who live in their own house will usually enter and exit through the back door or the garage. the problem is, my Sims live in a huge mansion, and it takes a very long time for them to walk all the way around the house to the street from the backdoor. it's annoying and wastes time. they would save so much more time if they exited towards the front door. I would hate to remove the back door leaving the front door as the only option, because the back door is right next to the stable so my equestrian sim can quickly reach her horse. but I'm thinking I might just need to remove the back door. is anyone having the same problem, and does anyone know a mod or fix? thank you!

Usually sims leave the nearest door leading outside, at least for my game. I've had some sims leave the backdoor a lot too, but one tip is you can lock the door until you want a sim to go to the equestrian. This also might be a glitch too, since I remember on one house my sims had they always left through the back door, maybe try replacing the door? It might be a bit buggy. Also make sure the sim can route correctly all the way to the door. Sorry if this didn't help much, I'm not the best explainer too.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 12:42 AM
Is it possible that the back door is closer to a street (any street) or path than the designated front door is? That is where I usually see this kind of behavior if the front door isn't blocked or stuck "in use" at the time. If there is no way to fix that, I'm sure you don't want to rebuild the entire house just so the front door is closer to a street than the back door is, maybe try fencing off and gating the backyard so that only sims who really need to exit the entire lot that way can do so?