Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 3:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Do I have the specs to run my game how I want?
I really want to sit down, relax and complete a legacy for the first time (a random one to be exact) but in order to do that, I need a nice selection of clothes and hair so every Sim can be unique and worth playing. Not saying that Maxis items are bad bbuutt they're bad. I want to replace every outfit and hairstyle I can (and maybe some Maxis objects too) but I have no idea if my computer can run it. And as I'm sure you know, lag can often impact a person's motivation to play.

My specs:

Processor: AMD A6-7310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 graphics (2.00 GHz)
RAM: 4gb (3.51 available)
Operating system: 64-bit Windows 10

I'm aware it's a pretty non-gaming laptop, but I don't think it's TOO bad. And if not, what should I replace so I can run my game the way I want smoothly?

hello
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TaintedDreams
I really want to sit down, relax and complete a legacy for the first time (a random one to be exact) but in order to do that, I need a nice selection of clothes and hair so every Sim can be unique and worth playing. Not saying that Maxis items are bad bbuutt they're bad. I want to replace every outfit and hairstyle I can (and maybe some Maxis objects too) but I have no idea if my computer can run it. And as I'm sure you know, lag can often impact a person's motivation to play.

My specs:

Processor: AMD A6-7310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 graphics (2.00 GHz)
RAM: 4gb (3.51 available)
Operating system: 64-bit Windows 10

I'm aware it's a pretty non-gaming laptop, but I don't think it's TOO bad. And if not, what should I replace so I can run my game the way I want smoothly?

I am not a tech expert, but I would say you can. Here: https://www.game-debate.com/games/i...temrequirements

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Scholar
#3 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 4:09 PM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 30th Aug 2018 at 7:04 PM.
I'm not a computer expert so I unfortunately can't help you out on that one with the fear of giving out the wrong advice but if you don't know this already and if you already do then I apologize but there is a site that has default replacements of all the Maxis skin,clothes,hair,eyes and accessories it's called Sims 2 defaults https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/.
Scholar
#4 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 6:54 PM
upgrade memory to at last 8GB. No matter what, it's a bare minimum for comfort with Windows 10 if you want to run anything on it.
The rest shall do fine. Though these Radeons are reported as a bit tricky.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 11:35 PM
I am more concerned that you are on a Radeon. This year AMD broke many directX9 games. https://au.pcmag.com/news/51099/amd...directx-9-games Sims 2 being one of them even if it isn't listed. Even reinstalling my card from the disk didn't fix my issues, I had to buy a Nvidia. This was my first time ever trying a Radeon card it will also be my last! So if you havn't bought that card yet, don't.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~